You can type here any text you want

Duttwieler oil pump?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
These are normally used for the somewhat heavy hitter stage motor applications. But not always.

The pump is set up to draw oil externally through hoses from the pan (usually a fabricated aluminum sheet metal pan). Then pump it through a relocated filter set-up (like a Precision Turbo Saver). After that, it returns to feed the engine either in the front or back (depending on what stage motor you use) and also feeds filtered oil to the turbo or (in my case) two turbos. I also run the oil through an external cooler as well. Base pressure can be adjusted using the allen head bolt and lock nut on the side. Bypassed oil can be returned to the pan or used to lubricate the cam sensor gear or timing chain. I don't believe Duttwieler makes or brands them them any longer. But the design is still available from others like TA Performance.

General set-up, lots of hoses, custom oil pan, usually make this overkill for a stock type set-up.

Attachments

• Joeys_car_pics_016[1].jpg
    Joeys_car_pics_016[1].jpg
    5.7 MB · Views: 265
I'm running a TA style oil pump but it's the same thing as duts setup . I would keep it stock it's a lot easier to deal with when it's all internal . I don't have a internal pick up or else I would still be with the stock style setup . That's just my opinion and like said before me different strokes for different folks.
bad ass pan BTW
IMG_8555.JPG
IMG_8549.JPG

Haha..... Oh shit...... Didn't think you could see that. Fuck her..... Oil pan is sexier..... Good stuff!

Robertf, if you decide to use an external oil
cover just make sure who ever modifies your front cover knows what they're doing.

Attachments

• IMG_6444.JPG
    IMG_6444.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 125
I'm running a TA style oil pump but it's the same thing as duts setup . I would keep it stock it's a lot easier to deal with when it's all internal . I don't have a internal pick up or else I would still be with the stock style setup . That's just my opinion and like said before me different strokes for different folks.

bad ass pan BTW
View attachment 302596View attachment 302598

Looks great. What made you decide to use COP instead of a distributor? Are you using the XIM? Lot of people like the COP. Pretty easy to set up too. Nice to see your almost there.

I sold my distributor alil while ago plus I'm going to be running this off a sd2 chip with the tr6 taking care of my ignition. For now .

The Duttweiler style pump sends more volume and pressure by doing away with the poor routing through the block and cover. It is a nice set up for a high rpm race engine. An average 109 is fine with a stock pump. We have run 8s with stock style oiling systems, stock covers and gears.

bad ass pan BTW
View attachment 302596View attachment 302598
I am pretty sure that is a DLS set up.

I am pretty sure that is a DLS set up.
My housing is black and the ports are located on the side. Is color any indication of it's point of origin?

I don't think it matters really. They all work equally as well. Don't they?

I also have this type that's on the shelf
IMG_3196.JPG

My housing is black and the ports are located on the side. Is color any indication of it's point of origin?

I don't think it matters really. They all work equally as well. Don't they?
The Duttweiler pumps were black with ports on the side. The TA pumps are red with ports on the side. They all work.

What's with the suction side hose w/ a loop in it?
That's how you get the hose to clearly pass between the side of the engine/oil pan and over the frame's engine cradle. It works perfectly and doesn't look bad when the engine is in place.

Back