You can type here any text you want

Dynamic EFI EBL Flash System For GM Sequential V6 Boosted Engines....

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Paul, I'm going to run 3" tube from the turbo outlet to the I/C, then from the other side of the I/C run 4" tube to the throttle body. The 4" tubing off the throttle body needs to be oval though, to clear both the serpentine belt underneath it, as well as the hood above it. How can I flatten the 4" tube to make it oval as opposed to cutting and tigging one together with a tig welder? Can't find any 4" oval tubing anywhere...

I wish you had a damn tig welder, could make one the length I need, just until it passes the radiator then switch back to circular. I can try buying this one from Spectre, and maybe try flattening it with your press...

Edit: Just seen your link, that is perfect...!!!!!

Oval%20Tubing.jpg

Quick update on the boost control code, from all appearances it is working. However, being a TB the car has been down more then it has been running this season. One thing after another. The last issue was interesting to say the least.

Since Spring (2013) have been trouble getting boost to build. It just didn't want to go much above 23 psi. Hence the small (0.021") orifice in the boost line/solenoid Y. Even then with the WG duty cycle at 75%, still no boost above 23 psi. Last year it would easily boost to 28 psi (RJC controller).

Suddenly the engine started to run bad, very bad. It was the injectors, which were old Siemens Deka Mototron 60's that were cleaned two years ago. Bolted new ones in and the difference is night & day. Now it is over-boosting, and runs so much smoother along with being more responsive.

Needless to say I drilled the Y orifice out to 0.028" (about 80% more area). And will be trying it later this week. Not sure how much longer we can test as Winter is fast approaching. But once the boost is under control the remaining testing should go quickly.

RemoveBeforeFlight

At least you got the real problem sorted out. Hopefully it'll work with little hiccup (the code). But if it doesn't, you'll have it fixed and available in an update!

Finding out that the issue was the injectors surprised me. The symptoms were strange to say the least. At one point the engine was firing a cylinder in the exhaust, bang...bang...bang... I tracked it to #4 via a IR gun on the headers. Swapped the #2 & #4 injectors and the bangs went away. But the engine still ran bad, and #2 had the temperature fluctuations.

Then as it was sitting there idling it would run even worse, then return to just bad. The IR gun showed #5 header having temperature fluctuations. At that time I figured that new injectors was the way to go. Previous to this I did do a bunch of other troubleshooting trying to narrow it down. So at least I knew what it wasn't.

RemoveBeforeFlight

I hate issues like that. When the actual culprit is the last thing you would expect. I have many troubleshooting issues like that over the years. But again, glad you got it sorted out and the car is running good for you again to get back to tuning :)

Any updates on boost control?

We did get some additional testing done, it is working. Unfortunately the track closed before we had the injector problem corrected. Then of course there is now snow on the ground. Not sure when we'll be able to continue testing. Really need an open track for this.

If you want to go with the EBL SFI-6 Flash ECM with the boost control let me know. Note that the ECM firmware is user update-able, no need to send the ECM back in for an update.

RemoveBeforeFlight

We can do that. Shoot me an email and I'll send the re-pin guide and other information for purchasing the system.

RemoveBeforeFlight

Bob, is it possible to control boost with the EBL-P4 using the vapor canister connector, then repinning? I pulled the canister, and that harness w/connector would be ideal due to the location...

Bob, is it possible to control boost with the EBL-P4 using the vapor canister connector, then repinning? I pulled the canister, and that harness w/connector would be ideal due to the location...

Yes, WG control will be on pin E9, in place of the EGR control.

RemoveBeforeFlight

Bob,
What recirculating valve would you us with the sfi6? I see pin C2 called out for it.

Edit: correcting spelling.

Last edited:
Bob,
What receive valve would you us with the sfi6? I see pin C2 called out for it.

The idea is to use an irrigation valve. They are 24 V AC which works on 12 V DC. Here is an example:

Orbit 1 in. Male NPT Jar Top Valve Model # 57467

Home Depot carries this one along with others.

RemoveBeforeFlight

Hmmm, This is neat. I t allows the tuning of the Recirc valve in the ECM, versus changing springs. Interesting.

Back