You can type here any text you want

Dynamic EFI EBL Flash System For GM Sequential V6 Boosted Engines....

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
The starting calibration was quite good, very good throttle response over what I was used to. Currently just using one 3 bar MAP, will add the 1 bar later on.

Excellent, definitely post a follow up when you add in the 1-Bar MAP whenever you can...

Yeah, I'll be joining that EBL thread...

Both the SFI-6 and the EBL-P4 share the WUD (What's Up Display), and I was greeted to my EBL-P4 when I got home from work a few minutes ago. No pin changes, no nothing, just drop it in and go, as it uses the original harness. A true plug and play. $530 shipped to the door, unlimited tuning. Since the two systems offered by Dynamic EFI share the WUD, I will add some video's to this thread in the near future of how to use it to tune the engine. Here is the EBL-P4, and the engine it will be controlling. I'll have the EBL-P4 swapped in a matter of seconds into the GTA (SFI-6 is just as easy to install into any Grand National), try that with any of the aftermarket ECU's out there... ;)

93353b7a-7452-42db-8518-fce1b5c640cc_zps576dc8f1.jpg

bdaca77d-5c2b-484e-b75e-8a292bd7ded2_zpse455c19c.jpg

Both the SFI-6 and the EBL-P4 share the WUD (What's Up Display), and I was greeted to my EBL-P4 when I got home from work a few minutes ago. No pin changes, no nothing, just drop it in and go, as it uses the original harness. A true plug and play. $530 shipped to the door, unlimited tuning. Since the two systems offered by Dynamic EFI share the WUD, I will add some video's to this thread in the near future of how to use it to tune the engine. Here is the EBL-P4, and the engine it will be controlling. I'll have the EBL-P4 swapped in a matter of seconds into the GTA (SFI-6 is just as easy to install into any Grand National), try that with any of the aftermarket ECU's out there... ;)

93353b7a-7452-42db-8518-fce1b5c640cc_zps576dc8f1.jpg

bdaca77d-5c2b-484e-b75e-8a292bd7ded2_zpse455c19c.jpg
Nice tpi, i love those intakes. Lots of low end. I've built a tpi vortec 350 with a crower high lift cam, headers and supporting mods for a tow rig.

Thanks Joe, this TPI has been seriously modded, siamesed upper and lower plenum, runners and lower intake, and pulls to over 6000-RPM extremely fast. Cam is so damn big, still dialing in the tune. This video clip was before I installed the EBL-P4, it was still running the '7730 with chip, and the pictures that follow show how I installed the EBL-P4 in the GTA. SFI-6 can be installed the same way, especially with TTA's. Forgive the quality of the video, it was taken and uploaded from my phone. I'm going to post up another video with the EBL-P4 installed and controlling the engine, the video will be of the engine on the dyno, with a much better video camera...

EBL-P4 Install...

Stock ECM pulled down (communication cable that comes with EBL-P4 on the right)

dd6d7dfe-16d3-45df-8bd1-87ac32d015a0_zps8c5cf463.jpg

EBL-P4 installed to the stock harness, communication cable hooked up...

29364a08-7622-4b16-9c3a-ff592e5930a3_zps655d2839.jpg

EBL-P4 put back into the dash (note the communincation cable peeking through the dash to the right)...

790554e9-8393-48aa-85b0-32d31b7c54cf_zpseb8885a4.jpg

Dashboard drilled, and communication cable mounted with a sleeve nut to hold it into place...

95330d3a-6d3f-4943-a845-d0f6066a8da0_zps9f8be73a.jpg

Finally, easy access with USB cable whenever you need to tune, no more chips...

096c529d-c26d-4daf-a167-943a10465477_zps60ac8de1.jpg

i would have routed the belt differently to get more grab on the alternator pulley
from crank , around tensioner , under waterpump , around alternator, around PS, back to crank

the belt will have more contact on the alternator pulley (wont slip belt loose at rpm)
and it eliminates the long run of belt from crossing side to side in front of manifold

i would have routed the belt differently to get more grab on the alternator pulley
from crank , around tensioner , under waterpump , around alternator, around PS, back to crank

the belt will have more contact on the alternator pulley (wont slip belt loose at rpm)
and it eliminates the long run of belt from crossing side to side in front of manifold

Paul, I honestly tried it that way the first time and the tensioner kept getting in the way (I actually had it like that when I first bought the car and brought it over by you, see pic below). The tensioner goes to the right for release, and to the left to put tension on the belt. To use the correct size belt to go under the waterpump requires you pry the belt on the tensioner with your hands, and then pry it back off again when you remove it... because moving the tensioner to the right for the release will only put tension back on the belt again. It's tricky...

I apologize for the quality of the video, but this is an idle video of the EBL-P4 after tuning a cam that has given my ported heads and intake 10" of vacuum at idle. The cam is huge, yet idles flawlessly. The EBL-P4 has it purring like a kitten at 900-RPM in Closed Loop with a narrow band! I will be installing the LC1 wideband and 3-Bar MAP in the future and will tune O2's as opposed to BLM's once the turbo is back on, then will target the boost tables. In the video I show the VE learn screen, as well as a sensor diagnostic screen and the main WUD (What's Up Display) screen. There is also a Spark Advance table screen, but my focus wasn't in that area for this video so I bypassed it. Engine reaches 6000-RPM without the turbo even installed yet no problem. Shift light works, I just didn't set it yet as it is still programmed to flash at 5400-RPM, but once I begin highway tuning I will set it to 6000-RPM. Again, I apologize for the sound quality. The light on the dash cluster that is always lit is the airbag deploy...

I have the classic ebl, bbc tb, n2o, 10:1 comp, large comp cam, etc.
When it first came out I bought it. Loved it ever since. With the improvements since then, I can't wait to get it for the Buick.

I have the classic ebl, bbc tb, n2o, 10:1 comp, large comp cam, etc. When it first came out I bought it. Loved it ever since. With the improvements since then, I can't wait to get it for the Buick.

Ahh, you have the classic EBL, so your running Throttle Body Injection with the larger 454 throttle body. Awesome. The EBL Classic was very revolutionary, and really put the GM TBI systems on equal footing with MPFI. Lots of history behind the EBL/SFI-6. I remember Bruce Plecan kept hinting to it even way back then. I don't think most of these members here know the creator of SFI-6 as we know him over on thirdgen.org, which of course is RBob... :)

Yeah man. I built the 350 after the vortec 330, just with a bigger cam, more compression, better heads, lol. Ran it carbed for a while and decided to try injecting it. I have been tuning LS engines with HP tuners, and wanted something simple for the wagon. I at first used the stock 7747, and moates burner, the thing ran like crap. With the big injectors, valve overlap, low vacuum, etc. As soon as RBob came out with the EBl, I bought it and it was night and day difference! Ran respectable times at ATCO on and off the bottle. I live in PA, he isn't that far from me. On the phone questions he was great with.

I still have that engine/EBL. It will be going in the wife's 70 Monte, without the N2O. When RBob mentioned the SFI6, I went out and got the plugs and a doner ECM from the yard for the self install (did that with the classic too). Now I am raising the funds to hopefully buy this summer. I will have the body off the frame of this wagon, and will redo the whole harness to incorporate all the extra features and the like.

My screen name is also liquidh8 on thirdgen. Posted alot back when I first got the EBL. Not on the computer too much anymore to hit every board I am a member of. Glad to see someone using it on a TB engine. There is so much adjustability, with the extra features, and keeping it SFI.

Keep the updates coming, I religiously follow this thread and hope to start my own sometime this summer.

Back