Dynamic EFI EBL Flash System For GM Sequential V6 Boosted Engines....

Didnt even think of Caspers! Might be ordering some terminal kits soon. As the car sits right now iv run it up to 22psi with alky.. have not hooked the alky pump to the ECU yet along with my scanmaster because iv been waiting on these terminals. Just more things to do before winter... replaced my heater core today and plan on rebuilding my entire front end tomorrow.

Haven't driven the Black Car since the beginning of December, when the weather turned bad. Once the tracks start to open that will be the next testing location. Too darn quick/fast for further tuning on the street.

Been running 21 psi without the alchy on Sunoco ultra.

RemoveBeforeFlight

Bob, weather is getting nice here in PA. I'll be getting back on my Buick wagon in June I hope, will be ordering from you soon!

Started working on the waste gate control. From the little testing we were able to do, it works. Only area that had to be changed is the orifice in the T connection. With the stock .050" opening the WG solenoid was not able to bleed off enough boost pressure. The boost went to the 18 psi of the HD actuator and stayed there.

Using a .021" orifice fixed that issue.

Then of course being a TB, the fuel pressure started to get erratic. Oops, time for some new pumps. Once they are in testing will resume.

RemoveBeforeFlight

Nice! Did you plug and redrill the t?
Of do you have an assortment if different sizes?

I have stuff on Ebay to get mine this summer, can't wait!

Street lethal, I have a thread on gbody.org forums of it. You a member on there? I have to get on a real computer and get a link.

Getting it ready for paint at the end of the Summer.

Nice! Did you drill out the T for the larger size?

I have stuff on Ebay to get mine this summer, can't wait!

Went smaller, used a brass T, soldered a small plug in the end and drilled the .021" orifice. The orifice limits the volume of boost pressure (air) from the turbo port to the WG actuator & solenoid. To increase boost the solenoid bleeds that pressure/air off, so that it doesn't open the WG flapper until higher boost is reached.

This is likely why the '89 TTA used a smaller orifice (.028", IIRC), they ran at a higher boost level.

RemoveBeforeFlight

I remember now, I went back and edited my post after I realized you went smaller. Good things to know for the future.

I ordered another new walbro for mine, since the other one crapped out. I will run the needed wiring for the dual pump control.

I'm going to take a look at gbody.org in a few, it sounds very unique. If you can create a video of the SFI-6 install and tuning that would be a great addition to the thread. I have a build thread over on thirdgen.org in the Power Adder section, just waiting on the EBL-P4. How is your knock filter setup with the '79 Wagon using the EBL...?

Street lethal, I have a thread on gbody.org forums of it. You a member on there? I have to get on a real computer and get a link.

Getting it ready for paint at the end of the Summer.

I am also a member of thirdgen, same username. I had planned on making a video and picture log of the install. Since I will be yanking the engine to get the frame sandblasted, I will be redoing the harness (again), but to incorporate all the features the EBL has to offer.

I had the knock filter on the wagon set-up like stock. It worked great. I went through a few different filters, I can't remember which I have know though. The 350 Chevy had forged pistons, roller rockers and I always had a few knock counts, even though there was no knock. So with Bobs help and the others in the EBL thread, I was able to sort out a different filter, and play with some settings in the EBL to get it to work out fine.

Yeah, I'll be joining that EBL thread on thirdgen very soon myself, just need to finish the heads I am working on which are a real pain in the ass (filling EGR ports with molten aluminum, fun fun stuff lemme tell ya lol). Definitely link the video of your SFI-6 install and tuning procedures in this thread if you can...

I'll be getting started on in over the summer. Just have to finish the house projects, hopefully but the end of June.

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk 2

Anyone on here running this yet on a street/strip GN yet?

Installed system this week, took it for the first short drive late Saturday evening. Drove 90 miles to the track today, third pass was a 6.85@100, 1.52 60ft. Minimal changes to the tune at this point. Making my own adaptor harness was by far the longest part of the install.

Installed system this week, took it for the first short drive late Saturday evening. Drove 90 miles to the track today, third pass was a 6.85@100, 1.52 60ft. Minimal changes to the tune at this point. Making my own adaptor harness was by far the longest part of the install.

Good stuff Troy, how does she feel on the street during stop and go traffic...?

Works well on a fast car i can see.
What would this equate to in the 1/4???

Joe

The starting calibration was quite good, very good throttle response over what I was used to. Currently just using one 3 bar MAP, will add the 1 bar later on.