EBL SFI-6 install & tuning thread

I'll have a few tuning videos up soon with the EBL-P4, essentially the same thing in terms of tuning the SFI-6, just need to wrap up the turbo re-install. I have the oil lines for the turbo, but I threw out the old return fitting I had on the fuel pump block off plate on the engine, so I need to get or make a new one before I install them. This Winter has been brutal, not so much weather wise, just life and the crazy things that happen related, so couldn't get as much done as I would have liked to. Venom87GT inspired the hell out of me to make a larger downpipe with his 5" monster on his Grand National, so the one in my video will be pulled very soon for a larger piece, but sadly a 5" may not fit between the lower firewall and engine...

How is the tinkering over by you going Liquid? Will you be ready by Spring...?

Glad to hear you still have the project going! My winter has been super crazy also. I am working on building a new house, so now work on the wagon.

I did drive it 1k miles with the stock turbo, no alky or n2o. Right before I parked it, I rebuilt and installed a TA-49. So I'll be doing a little more tuning in the spring, but it's done enough to drive and hit some shows and stuff.

I'd like that. The other website has been slow lately, but we're looking to jump start it soon with the coming of better weather in Spring. Would like to get your project on video and share it with the F-Body guys. Steve made some crazy changes to his project. Was hoping he'd get on board with the SFI/EBL bandwagon, but he went Holley. Wasn't too crazy about his new coil location at first, but hey if he's happy I'm happy. Wish him the best of luck with it, just hope he gets it up and running again soon. Give me a shout whenever you're around...

- Rob

I'd like that. The other website has been slow lately, but we're looking to jump start it soon with the coming of better weather in Spring. Would like to get your project on video and share it with the F-Body guys. Steve made some crazy changes to his project. Was hoping he'd get on board with the SFI/EBL bandwagon, but he went Holley. Wasn't too crazy about his new coil location at first, but hey if he's happy I'm happy. Wish him the best of luck with it, just hope he gets it up and running again soon. Give me a shout whenever you're around...

- Rob

Rob, looks great. In the spring I'll make a video or 2. I've got a ton of pictures on Gbody forum, no real video though.

I've been looking I to getting the alky pump and a tank so I can hook it up. Has anyone used the alky feature yet?

liquidh8, I have an extra coolant reservoir (the big style) from an old third gen project. It's yours if you want it.

TTA guys use those reservoirs for their alky...

RBob, I also have an extra alternator & ignition module from a series 1 3800 ('95). They're yours if you want them...

- Rob

Rob, thanks buddy I appreciate it. I won't need it just yet. I'll drive the wagon over in the spring and pick it up.

I found a guy local who has a Snow Performance Alky Kit brand new in a box he's letting go really cheap. Its for a MAF car, so the controller I'll re sell. I will use the pump, the tank, low-level level sensor, maybe the red plastic hose and nozzles if I can figure out the nozzle size compared to the m15 I have. Then I just have to figure out how to tune the alky with the ebl.

Jim

Haven't been able to update through Tapatalk, but RemoveBeforeFlight helped out. After some troubleshooting, I found the new Chrysler fan relay used for the pump was defective. I got it replaced and working. Now I just have to hook up the solenoid, I don't have a check valve so the solenoid will do.

I finally installed both racetronix pumps. I failed to double check the polarity, and never switched the wires over in the plugs. After getting the tank back in, and getting no fuel pressure, I realized my mistake. The datasheet with the pumps didn't make any mention of it.

I had some issues with the wheels I wanted to run, but I did figure something out. I'll be at Kirbans open house Saturday.

My tune will be out, with the bigger turbo, more pump, and alky, but I'll datalog on the way over

Tapatalk is finally working, yay. I made it to kirbans, some of you may have seen the wagon if you attended. My brf tranny took a crap the night before, I threw a spare oz I had in it. So I'll be rebuilding it soon as I get some parts.

The Alky system worked for the night after swapping to a new relay, then stopped working again.

I won't have time to look at it till next week, but I need to see if that relay went bad again. It's brand new so I don't understand why it would keep going bad.

Try a different brand relay. Double check all of the alternator to battery, battery cable connections, and starter cables. Also check the alternator voltage.

RemoveBeforeFlight

I may pick up some used ones from a few Chrysler's.

The power and grounds are all good, I did check them, and everything is new and fresh. But I did continuity checks to be safe.

The alt is putting out, but I have to check the voltage to see exactly what.

Update, after getting back from MacDill AFB, I went out and rechecked all the power, ground and signal wires. It appears I had a regressed pin in the relay plug. So, it is working now. Good news there. Ii can see the Alky % on the datalog, and the wbo2 get richer.

Now, I am running 20lbs, I will start to creap up on boost and timing.

Any recommendations on alky timing?

Also, I have both fuel pumps installed, but it sucks there is not light on the WUD, or column in the datalog when it is running. I never thought to add an LED to the pillar for the second pump.

I bought the parts to rebuild the transmission, so that will be soon. I also have to rebuild the steering box, it is leaking pretty bad, and the royal purple steering fluid isn't cheap.

After looking at a log in Excel, it seems the alky is only going to about 50%, even though at 18-20 lbs it should be 100 as set in the tune. The table is untouched from how you supplied the initial bin.

It did hit 73% once, not sure where to look to see what the deal is.

I am keeping the boost around there (hd actuator), while I run a few more VE learns. I changes to to ta-49, so the tune was just a few numbers off. Getting it dialed in as I drive it.

My trans parts came in, so next week I'll start to rebuild it.

After looking at a log in Excel, it seems the alky is only going to about 50%, even though at 18-20 lbs it should be 100 as set in the tune. The table is untouched from how you supplied the initial bin.

It did hit 73% once, not sure where to look to see what the deal is.

I'll check this on the bench later today. If you want can email the BIN and data log and I can take a look at it.

RemoveBeforeFlight

RemoveBeforeFlight, I'll pull the bin and log off of the car laptop in 2 hours, and send it over. The log file is 11meg, I can isolate be just the alky instances if you like to make it smaller?

Thank you sir.

Just did a few learns, ve learn is vastly different this morning than this afternoon. Air temp, IAT, and even engine temp obviously we're different.

The very learn was pulling be more fuel this morning than this afternoon if I remember correctly. I did a few learns on the ride home from the base. Have most of the 3200rpm and down at 0.

But, it is 95* ambiant, and I saw 129* IAT. Engine temp at 180* solid.

I'll have to do a log today, then do one tomorrow. I may have to make temp correction somewhere.