You can type here any text you want

F.A.S.T Datalogger group purchase

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
The FAST or XFI Data Logger will not support any type of EGT nor will it work with any other type of EFI systems. Its purpose is to take the place of the laptop computer, it plugs into the com port connector and when triggered it stores the Dashboard data to be sucked out by a laptop after the run.
You have to configure the Dashboard for what channels you want to record, primarily Fuel Injection related channels. Once these channels are configured in the Dashboard, you must send this configuration to the Data Logger.

A little on EGT's:
I see a few of you are interested in EGT’s. For the money your going to spend o EGT’s, you would be further ahead with a Wide band O2 to monitor what’s happening in the exhaust. By nature an EGT is late in reacting and is not real time. An EGT is more of an average of what is going on in the exhaust, even when you compare cylinder to cylinder, an EGT is still not an accurate tool for comparing cylinder temps. Nor is it a true representation of what's going on in the exhaust.
Now if you have 5 cylinders at 1200 degrees and 1 at 200, then yes, you definitely have a problem in that cylinder. But if you’re trying to get all of your EGT’s within 25 or 50 degrees of one another, you’ll be chasing your tail.
Tuning with EGT’s has never proven to be successful.

A Wide Band O2 is the only true instrumentation tool that will give you accurate information that you can actually tune with. A Wide Band O2 measures oxygen in the exhaust and not heat of the exhaust. This will give you more useful data in real time that is a true representation of what’s actually going on in the exhaust.

There are a few different independent Wide Band O2’s on the market. They are designed to send a signal to a Data Logger system (Race-Pak, Autometer, etc), and provide you with a trace of rich or lean on your logger screen.

Sparky

Sparky_wp said:
The FAST or XFI Data Logger will not support any type of EGT nor will it work with any other type of EFI systems. Its purpose is to take the place of the laptop computer, it plugs into the com port connector and when triggered it stores the Dashboard data to be sucked out by a laptop after the run.
You have to configure the Dashboard for what channels you want to record, primarily Fuel Injection related channels. Once these channels are configured in the Dashboard, you must send this configuration to the Data Logger.

A little on EGT's:
I see a few of you are interested in EGT’s. For the money your going to spend o EGT’s, you would be further ahead with a Wide band O2 to monitor what’s happening in the exhaust. By nature an EGT is late in reacting and is not real time. An EGT is more of an average of what is going on in the exhaust, even when you compare cylinder to cylinder, an EGT is still not an accurate tool for comparing cylinder temps. Nor is it a true representation of what's going on in the exhaust.
Now if you have 5 cylinders at 1200 degrees and 1 at 200, then yes, you definitely have a problem in that cylinder. But if you’re trying to get all of your EGT’s within 25 or 50 degrees of one another, you’ll be chasing your tail.
Tuning with EGT’s has never proven to be successful.

A Wide Band O2 is the only true instrumentation tool that will give you accurate information that you can actually tune with. A Wide Band O2 measures oxygen in the exhaust and not heat of the exhaust. This will give you more useful data in real time that is a true representation of what’s actually going on in the exhaust.

There are a few different independent Wide Band O2’s on the market. They are designed to send a signal to a Data Logger system (Race-Pak, Autometer, etc), and provide you with a trace of rich or lean on your logger screen.

Sparky
Sparky, you are a smart cookie. :D I like the race-pak version, but it's $$$, too much for me unless I found a used one. Nice informative post though. Otto, sorry to get off topic. :)

Otto,

Thanks for the update on the NHRA rule I didn't know that and looks like I'll have to buy one to be compliant.

I found out I can get one for less and without a 10 order minimum, just found that out today..........guess it is good timing on my part.

Thanks again for your efforts.

Thanks for reading my post rich.maybe you can share your source and price to save others money.

Back