You can type here any text you want

Fast indicates a/f ratio is safe but?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Wow, o-ringed the heads and receiver grooves in the block and using Felpro 1000 gaskets? I'd really like to see a picture of that setup. Usually it's just one or the other with a copper headgasket.

I've heard of using the Felpro 1007 gaskets with receiver grooves in the heads.

The last time I used a Felpro 1000 type gasket (I forgot the #), Duttweiler didn't place any grooves or O-rings in either the block or the heads on my stage II V6 and it held 30 psi of boost with a very lean 12.0 A/F.

I think the Felpro1000 is suppose to be used on smaller bore blocks anywhoot.

rtviper said:
Joe you are correct the few runs before I bought it could have been the start but those runs were conservative runs supposedly in the 10.5 range . Well I took the motor apart and it had receiver grooves in the block and o- ringed heads done by weber racing. The gaskets were Felpro 1000s. At first I couldnt see the damage but right between 1 and 3 there was a bend in the ring of the gasket that goes around the edge of the bore opening and a little of the top layer of material missing between the 2 cylinders. The gasket almost looks reusable. I did check all the bolts on the head on tear down and it seems like about 3 of them were looser then the 80 lbs they should have been. That was the only thing I can see that may have caused the problem? The plugs and pistons all look great. One good thing about this is I found pieces of spring dampner in the engine valley and all the seals inside the springs were broken had slid half way down the stems. Luckily the guy who built the motor had installed small screens on all the holes that lead to the lower part of the motor. Every lifter bore had a small allen head bolt screwed into it any ideas?

norbs said:
I think the SCE gaskets are Better than the Cometics, just by looking at the design of them. Any tests yet?
Well ive only used cometics in hte last 2 years and have never burnt one,ANd ive run as lean as 13-1 on 2 passes when i was chasing a bad fuel pump,EGTs reached 1989*.Head gaskets were perfect when i pulled the motor apart,Thats my only test.Not sure what kind of test you were looking for

Looking for a test with over 40 psi! :eek:

Put them on your car then and test them,Mine ran between 28-30
Ask Jack Cotton what heads he runs,I believe in BG he was running in the 38# range on his boost controller

I think i will test them on my car, but i think a solid copper gasket has less chance of layers squirming out then a MLS one.

norbs said:
Looking for a test with over 40 psi! :eek:

I've seen them at 38 psi and 151 MPH. Ask Paul Thompson about that.

I do not believe Jack is running cometics.

Thats good enough proof for me:)

Can cometics be used with receiver grooves in the block and wire in the heads? Is my only choice the copper gaskets?

ChrisChow said:
Wow, o-ringed the heads and receiver grooves in the block and using Felpro 1000 gaskets? I'd really like to see a picture of that setup. Usually it's just one or the other with a copper headgasket.

I've heard of using the Felpro 1007 gaskets with receiver grooves in the heads.

How does it chrush the wire in place with reciever groves on the head and deck? It takes alot to hurt a 14 bolt head gasket with correctly installed o-ring gasket :confused: Are they MA heads and are they dead flat? and if so did you presure check them? I beleive you told me it had steam comming out the exhaust...You can call me at the shop anytime :cool:

Gene the felpro 1000s were way to small for my 4.03 bore and the entire fire ring was inside the bore. All the fire rings were loose and one in number 1 cylinder was bent and allowed some combustion to escape into 1 of the steam holes in the block. I thnk the o-ring and grooves kept the gasket from blowing completely between the cylinders. I have replaced them with copper gaskets

Back