Fastest chip car??

Maybe one day it'll revive with the K.I.S.S. theory and vehicle value?

K.

I'd like to see it but I don't see it happening :p Oh I think we have the fastest chip car weighing in @ 3660#s with a girl driving with a black helmet with blue seat belts :biggrin:

I'd like to see it but I don't see it happening :p

Yeah, I know & that's too bad. I'd like to see it to, and volunteer my time to help with it, but I guess the 1,200 views of this thread are from only a very few... Car count commitment is very hard to come by these days!!

K.

Possibly..... but I believe there is a buch of trolls lurking in this thread too...... not contributing.... :rolleyes:

Yes... I was hoping my sarcasm in that phrase would show it's aim at those people! :biggrin:

K.

Red's?

I am in awe (on the combo that went 9.17) if he is in fact still running a stock location I/C with a 76 turbo.....thru full exhaust..... and a 2004R with lockup and A/C? on less than 30 psi?

Maybe someone needs to start a fastest with 2004R? LOL Probably wouldn't be of that much value... cause most have got tired of breaking things at that level.... and stepped up to something else...

Keith..... can you confirm the stock locaiton i/c....2004R......thru the exhaust.....lockup converter..... sub 30 psi boost.....76 turbo etc....? for the 9.17 combo?

If so..... that is amazing.

What does the car weigh?

keith..... Can you confirm the stock locaiton i/cyes, red's homemade unit....2004ryes, built & maintained by janis transmission......thru the exhaustyes, dual 2.75" w/ 3" mufflers, built by red.....lockup converteryes, vigilante..... Sub 30 psi boostno, i haven't seen any logs or guages.....76 turbo etcyes, i just don't know if it's still the old school unit he was running or a newer unit....? For the 9.17 combo?

If so..... That is amazing.

What does the car weigh?not 100% sure, but it meets the tse rules for weight.

k.

It was with the old 76GTQ. That car has had that pass in it for years, he just finally let it loose.:D With a double pumper and stock fuel lines too.

It was with the old 76GTQ. That car has had that pass in it for years, he just finally let it loose.:D With a double pumper and stock fuel lines too.

... And a MAF that continues past 255gps, that is pretty darn accurate at holding the A/F.

K.

I am still using a double pump in the tank on a 9.44 pass. But just not going to chance it to go 8s all ready have the 2025 to go on next.

Keith..... can you confirm the stock locaiton i/c....2004R......thru the exhaust.....lockup converter..... sub 30 psi boost.....76 turbo etc....? for the 9.17 combo?

If so..... that is amazing.

What does the car weigh?

Car weighed 3500# and was run with his old 76 turbo. He has a billet turbo now. It is his TSE car so it would have 2004R, A/C, exhaust, etc... I know it had a stock location intercooler with a really cool scoop setup. I cannot verify boost level.

Red has always been very "crafty" when using stock componants. When they created the TSA class, I knew he would be the guy to beat.

New billet turbo. Only .17 from an 8sec time slip. Could we see the first 8 sec chip car this summer?:biggrin:

Possibly..... but I believe there is a buch of trolls lurking in this thread too...... not contributing.... :rolleyes:

I wish I had something worthwhile to contribute...appreciate the discussion though. I battle the decision of MAF or no MAF at least weekly...

The unofficial "list"

1. 9.17 @ 152 - Red A
    Red Armstrong Chip
  2. 9.30 @ 144 - Walt Judy
    ME-R Chip
  3. 9.31 @ 145 - 67turboCamaro
    Bob Bailey Chip
  4. 9.3x @ 146 - Roy and Laz
    ME-R Chip
  5. 9.37 @ 141 - Quick Turbo V6
    Bob Bailey Chip
  6. 9.56 @ 142.8 - Scott Atk
    ME-R Chip
  7. 9.75 @ 138 - Limited 87
    Red Armstrong Chip
  8. 9.86 @ 137 - forcefed3.8's (6.29 @ 110 1/8)
    Bob Bailey Chip
  9. 6.38 @ 107.5 (1/8) - Underboost
    TurboTweak SD Chip
  10. 9.94 @ 138+ - Melissa (Grumpy's Daughter)
    TurboTweak 5.6

This is what I see so far. Since there are more wideband controlled chips out there than in years past, I believe we will see more and better times yet to come.

I have asked for Laz to confirm their fastest time as well.... will update when I hear back from him.

Obviously as other confirmed (faster) times are brought forward....we will update the list.