Fastest chip car??

Just got info from Mark Jackson and Dave Poppe.

Will add formally to list maybe tomorrow.

Dave went 9.38 @ 143 with a RA chip and a gutted stock MAF

Mark went 9.46 @ 141.5 with a ME-R.

1. 9.17 @ 152 - Red A
    Red Armstrong Chip
  2. 9.30 @ 144 - Walt Judy
    ME-R Chip
  3. 9.31 @ 145 - 67turboCamaro
    Bob Bailey Chip
  4. 9.3x @ 146 - Roy and Laz
    ME-R Chip
  5. 9.37 @ 141 - Quick Turbo V6
    Bob Bailey Chip
  6. 9.56 @ 142.8 - Scott Atk
    ME-R Chip
  7. 9.75 @ 138 - Limited 87
    Red Armstrong Chip
  8. 9.86 @ 137 - forcefed3.8's (6.29 @ 110 1/8)
    Bob Bailey Chip
  9. 6.38 @ 107.5 (1/8) - Underboost
    TurboTweak SD Chip
  10. 9.94 @ 138+ - Melissa (Grumpy's Daughter)
    TurboTweak 5.6

Thats a pretty cool list. I knew there were some fast ME-R and Bob Bailey cars and of course Red, but I figured there would be more TT chips in the 9s. Is Melissa the only 9 sec TT chip'ed car?

At least it gives me something to shoot for this year. I didn't run my white T much last year but I consider it a success since I didn't break anything. My best time is still from a couple years ago with a 10.19@129, but I did run a couple passes at 131mph since then. Maybe this year I'll turn it up past 22lbs of boost for once to move up the list. I have a TT 5.6 chip.

Also, I was told that you could do individual cylinder fueling with a stock ECM, it just wouldn't be real time. After leaning out #1 in the past, I've considered running a multiple EGT setup for verification/comfort and wondered if I could make use of the data with a stock ECM..... :smile:

Thats a pretty cool list. I knew there were some fast ME-R and Bob Bailey cars and of course Red, but I figured there would be more TT chips in the 9s. Is Melissa the only 9 sec TT chip'ed car?

At least it gives me something to shoot for this year. I didn't run my white T much last year but I consider it a success since I didn't break anything. My best time is still from a couple years ago with a 10.19@129, but I did run a couple passes at 131mph since then. Maybe this year I'll turn it up past 22lbs of boost for once to move up the list. I have a TT 5.6 chip.

Also, I was told that you could do individual cylinder fueling with a stock ECM, it just wouldn't be real time. After leaning out #1 in the past, I've considered running a multiple EGT setup for verification/comfort and wondered if I could make use of the data with a stock ECM..... :smile:

I attribute the lack of TT cars here to the fact that many of the times ran were done prior to there being any wideband controlled chips even available. Most of these guys that ran these fast times have since stepped up to a FAST. Most looking to go 9's now IMHO usually assume you have to have a FAST or other aftermarket ECU. After searching and searching... I didn't come up with any threads quantifying how many fast cars there have been with chips. I believe this thread will continue to grow and there will be plenty of chip cars to be added.... both those that have already run and just aren't on the list..... and those yet to lay down a number.....

Anybody that study's the "features" of the most advanced chips available today (i.e. wideband controlled WOT fuel correction) knows the tools are here today to make it EASIER AND SAFER than ever before.

IMHO there is plusses to both.... however... for the more serious (and computer saavy) racer that is data hungry.... the XFI is hard to beat.

Here is the updated list.... hope it is easy to view....

Attachments

• fastest chip cars_R0.jpg
    fastest chip cars_R0.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 398
If you want you can add Orlando Granada~ 9.96 @136.79mph.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXtGrxzMStg[/YOUTUBE]

At the time he was running a stock GM MAF and Red's chip. Now he is using Eric's TT SD chip. BTW, I know now that he is using Eric's chip he has gone faster in the 1/8 mile, but not exactly sure how fast?? I think it was a 6.20/teen @110mph. I will try to find out.

Here is the updated list.... hope it is easy to view....

Thanks for takeing the time to do this,very interesting:biggrin:.Not bad for what is old school today.:wink:I really like the simple but effective approach.:p

Kevin

Lots o kids

anyone know how to get a family of 11 into a GN...the three that used to
ride in the trunk don't all fit...damn kids keeping my GN from being super fast

I'm getting further down the list.:( I guess I should have turned the boost up. This year should get interesting. I am building a stage block, and still planning on running a chip.

I'm getting further down the list.:( I guess I should have turned the boost up. This year should get interesting. I am building a stage block, and still planning on running a chip.

Ant it funny how a simple little list will make you spend some big money.:tongue:

Ant it funny how a simple little list will make you spend some big money.:tongue:

well some of us can live with what we run. :p There is always goin to be someone faster than you .. get over it :eek::biggrin:

Thanks for takeing the time to do this,very interesting:biggrin:.Not bad for what is old school today.:wink:I really like the simple but effective approach.:p

Kevin

No problem. I think it is cool to see this many cars hauling @ss on their stock ECM.....

I wasnt happy with 10.30 when I built it to go 9.90 but when it jump to 9.44 I say 8s are just a hop skip and jump away. So we gota do it.:biggrin:

that was done intentionally, as we are pushing thru the converter a bit and wanted to keep our max revs around 7k. From this point we got more aggressive with the launch and carried the tires a ways but spun at about 60 feet. We were also upping the boost in the mid-track section and carrying the higher boost a little longer but ran out of time before we got in another full pass.

Bob