You can type here any text you want

Fastest MPH or ET recorded on a STOCK CAM'd 109

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I remember Jack Cotton running a tick under 130mph for a long time back in the late 90's when he ran a stock block. Mid to high tens on drag radials. I never pursued the stock cam myself but with a set of GN1 heads and a custom set of rocker arms i wouldnt be too impressed with less than 133mph with boost under 30psi.

pace slow?? lol thats probably a record on stock turbo have you checked to confirm??

Quickest I know of.......

I may take mine to the track with the stock turbo and see what it will do.....but my motor is far from stock at this point.... so it might not be fair.

pace slow?? lol thats probably a record on stock turbo have you checked to confirm??

did you read the OP and then the followup question about ed brewer
the question was quickest on stock cam (never specified turbo or heads or even rocker ratio just cam) and then following question was what did ed do? my answer ... 11.37 is slow for what has been done on stock cam , if you disagree with my answer.. too bad

and yes im very familiar with eds achievements and what his combo was ..im old and back then was pushing alky at the same time and ran similar times on 130K stock motor but on TA49

Blazer406 said:
I may take mine to the track with the stock turbo and see what it will do.....but my motor is far from stock at this point.... so it might not be fair.

Not sure what the fastest stock turbo went, but as far as camshafts though, the stock LC2 cam specs (I believe) are; 192/196 .384"/.408" (w/1.55 rockers) @ 107 LSA. If Cotton trapped that fast with the stock cam, that is very impressive...

did you read the OP and then the followup question about ed brewer
the question was quickest on stock cam (never specified turbo or heads or even rocker ratio just cam) and then following question was what did ed do? my answer ... 11.37 is slow for what has been done on stock cam , if you disagree with my answer.. too bad

and yes im very familiar with eds achievements and what his combo was ..im old and back then was pushing alky at the same time and ran similar times on 130K stock motor but on TA49

don't understand why your thinking im disagreeing with your answer? you sound a bit tiked off and about to blow a HG.. are you ok? i was surpirsed he ran a low 11 sec run with a stock turbo dont know the setup but thats a hell of a good et for a STOCK turbo stock cam.. havent heard of many ppl running those ET's on a STOCK turbo.. i don't doubt your answer dont understand the too bad if i dont agree with your answer part?? i started the thread to figure out best et or mph on stock cam...not sure why you thinking im arguing or doubting you?

slow 11.37 but he was also on stock turbo <------- your response here made me think he ran a stock turbo ? maybe im missing something havent slept much maybe its time for some shuteye i'll figure out what you meant in the am..

im not mad or upset , just the question was asked and rob (street lethal ) tossed ed into it and my response to him was what i posted. i stand by my response, it's not an opinion it was accurate to the original question of which we had a response of speeds over 130 in the 10s and an answer to rob's question ..
not knocking eds acheievement ..ed was on stock turbo and while 11.37 is the fastest posted time for a stock turbo stock weight regal (others like the gallina TTA have been faster but they were lighter ) and ed did it on alky back when alky injection (razors by the way) was rather new to going fast on pump gas...11.37 is still 'slow' compared to 10s at 130and so its not an opinion to be questioned

and today i learned a new term .. pulling a bison :)
i joined that club back in 08 trying for 9s on stock shortblock and pump gas alky, managed 129.9 on irons and flat tappet cam before the stock piston split exactly like the one on bisons avtar

just to verify i know i started this as a cam thread but im very interested in your current convo pace about stock turbo running 11.3 is this a true 100% stock turbo or stock turbo modified ported and or different exh/ind wheel? this is very interesting by any chance any recollection of the trap speed? i do believe your time not doubting it i just want to make some calculation's for personal use..

V8Killer has run 11.8 with an unopened 80k mile beat block and stock turbo in a lightweight T. Think the mph was 112.

impressive #'rs im about to try it myself? why not?? on e85 with the stock motor i have in car 80k mile.. buy me an hd actuator let me get some 25+ psi runs with some suspension and a tbrake i might be able to get there.. was waiting for income tax time to finish another motor i have in the stand with cam ported irons etc..wanted a 6262 DBB but seems like i'll just throw in my spare worked tranny with brake and my vigilante verter and make some runs and see what happens with e85... hopefully the e85 will help me keep things cool and keep detonation away too bad its so damn hot and humid in Miami

Back in 2003-2004 ( I think) Turbocliff here on the board using an 85 short block with stock cam went 10.60's arounf 126/127mph.

HTH
Prasad

I believe Full Throttle Mike has been 11.7's or quicker with his unopened motor. I remember a phone call about replacement valve springs and that came up in the conversation.

Prior to the Stage 2 engine, I ran a 10.83 at 125 in Bowling Green with a completely factory stock engine. The car weights 3400#. The engine was later removed to install the S2. That engine went into a Gray 86 Limited that I converted from a 307 to LC2. It is still alive as far as I know.

Details: Unported stock heads, composite HG with TTY bolts, unported intake, Stock upper plenum, stock TB, EGR tower intact, stock cam, stock crank and rods. 29 psi boost. I was using 42# injectors with 60 psi static FP, Gen II DFI, PTE 52 turbo with a 3" THDP. NO ALKY!

For any doubters, I have the time slip and video to back up my claim!!

My old .40 over motor with a stock cam mildly ported irons and 1.6 roller rockers with a 61 turbo and dutt necked I/c went 7.02 @99 in the eighth mile. Boost was 24-25 till head gaskets died lol

Back