You can type here any text you want

Final suspension work on the GN8

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Louie L.

Habitual Line Stepper
Staff member
Here are some pics of the GN8. Finished all the work today. 2 in spindles up front with stock springs and new strange racing brakes.The tires are MT F/R 26.0 in. The rear has 12 x 150 lb QA1 coil over springs. The tires are 295/65 MT DR.
I had to modify my previous notch job to work with the tall tire. I also streched the wheel tubs last month.

Before anyone mentions that you should not have dropped spindles on a drag car. Take a look at Chad Hendersons TRZ ORSCA DR car doing it the same way;).

100_1187.jpg

100_1189.jpg

100_1188.jpg

looks good man..
what you using for fuel system?

im doing a 10.5 tire stock suspension GN with a factory sbc block, th400, and 88mm turbo, non intercooled for now.

Thanks !

Disco,
They sure do. I do wish the had the space of the 86-87 Cutlass Supreme rear arches tho..

daturbosix,
I only have a weldon 2025 pump. I am runing it at 16v so it should go a little further than rated. Are you building the car for a class? How big of a T5 tire ?

I only have a weldon 2025 pump. I am runing it at 16v so it should go a little further than rated. Are you building the car for a class? How big of a T5 tire ?

i am trying to follow class rules for true street at union grove in wisc. 9.20 index class, but this car should shine at the grudge nights and the few time it will be on the street. i do plan on driving my car around town too.

what do you mean about T5 tire?

Thanks Brett !

i am trying to follow class rules for true street at union grove in wisc. 9.20 index class, but this car should shine at the grudge nights and the few time it will be on the street. i do plan on driving my car around town too.

what do you mean about T5 tire?

LOL , I meant what size 10.5 tire you gonna run? 28.5 x 10.5? or big ones like 31's?

Thanks guys.. im happy with the looks too.. Been staring at it in the garage quite often..LOL

Looks awesome Louie. You bringing it to Old Town on Sunday?

That looks really good... suprised you didnt go to a beadlocked wheel though :) its only money..... lol

Scott,
If I make it out of Bradenton alive on Sat, yes Ill be at the show..

The tires are glued around the bead and screwed on the inside. I dont think Ill have any issues needing beadlocks.. at least for now..

Looks good Louie. The other GN doesn't look too bad either. I need spring to get here soon. :mad:

Greg,
Thats the beauty of living here... LOL... Ive been driving you GN everywhere. Even took it to my sons soccer practice last week!

Back