You can type here any text you want

Final suspension work on the GN8

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Greg,
Thats the beauty of living here... LOL... Ive been driving you GN everywhere. Even took it to my sons soccer practice last week!

I took the TA out the day after we got home for about 15 min. It was actually in the 50's that day but pretty wet in places. I washed it, pulled it back in and covered it. Weather is driving me crazy.

Greg, Id be going crazy!
BTW Im still getting this stuff together for you. I keep finding things to put in the box. :redface:

Greg, Id be going crazy!
BTW Im still getting this stuff together for you. I keep finding things to put in the box. :redface:

That'll work. Whatever you find that is TTA related and you just want out of your house i'd be interested in. Did the dew wipes get there ok?

Louie,

Car is looking mint!! What size are the rotors on the Strange brakes? Did they move the wheel out any?

I did not measure the diameter. I was told by several folks on YB that the Strange kit would move the wheels out, but I really dont think they did at all. If the moved out , its by a very very small amount.

Louie that must have pissed you off when you hit that bird and put a big hole in your front bumper.
I love the way the car looks. I like the 295 over the 315 because the 315 makes it look like you have a 4x4.

I'm curious what the rear wheel size and offset is ?

How much cutting and where... to make them fit ?

That is an extreme "tuck and stuff" job if I ever saw one. You win ! :D

Some more pics:

100_1190.jpg

100_1191.jpg

specs on the other gn rims,tires...please.. Dennis :)

car looks craaaaaaaaaazy.

Did you know you have a hole in your bumper?:)

When you say stretch wheel tubs what do you mean? Are you mini tubbing the car?

GN8
The wheels the 15x10 with 5.5 in BS. I have a thin spacer to tune the backspacing as things are very tight.

By saying streching the tubs I mean that i added 1 to 1.5 in to the width of the tub. Esentially a poor mans minitub. The with of the material added to the tub varies from bach to front. This is due to the curvature of the factory wheel tub. I also forcerd the front and rear most of the tub into a slightly different arch to gain more space in those areas.

An aftermarket tub would be easier, but due to the height, the trunk hinges get in the way.

specs on the other gn rims,tires...please.. Dennis :)

That is my street car. I aquired it with the wheels already installed. From experience ill tell you what I think they are. Rears are 15x8 with 3.5 BS. 325/50 15 BFG. Fronts are 235 60 15 on 15x7.

Your car looks great Louie...but there's just one thing that bothers me a bit...WHY in the world are the front and rear wheels mismatched? :confused: They could've at least made them similar, no?...:confused: I've noticed that it seems to be the "new tendency" lately, to have mis-matched front and rear wheels...:rolleyes:
I just hope I'm not offending you by saying that...:redface:

Claude.

I really like the way they look. Of course I have the same wheels on my car;) Lots of the more expensive wheels (weld magnums & alumastars/american trackstars/M/T et) seem to follow this theme of similar design yet big front/small rear design. Plus it makes it easier to tell which ones go on the front & which ones go on the rear:D

No Im not insulted at all... But that is the way all the new race wheels were coming out. The latest race wheels are again moving towards the same look on the wheels.

I think the look these wheels were after was the pro stock look which was a deep race wheel out back and a spindle mount type look on the front.

Back