Finally got some time.

:eek::eek::eek: that's more redneck than I can believe.:eek: Mine may not be pretty but at least I have no plans to mke it that ugly.:biggrin:

LOL... its ghettofied:biggrin:

Hope you get your welder going... What, did you buy it from Harbor Freight or something?:redface::biggrin:

LOL... its ghettofied:biggrin:

Hope you get your welder going... What, did you buy it from Harbor Freight or something?:redface::biggrin:

Hobart unit. After 5 years it needs some servicing at least.:biggrin: Some of the parts need a little love I think. Hope to have it back up next week.:smile:

I made a deal today on a complete HA motor with all the parts but the front harness. He's just north of me by 30 or so miles and it has 89 K on the ticker. I don't really want to use a .060 block so this is the one that will be used I hope.:) Not gonna use the SFI set up but I want the short block and maybe the heads to get her going now.:biggrin:

This is a great move I dig that Charlie nothing wrong with a great deal on parts to help speed up the Drawthru.

Well I pick it up tomorrow after 6 so I'll start tearing it down as soon as I get the time. I'm hoping it's a standard bore that doesn't need much to get it going. Wish me luck guys.:biggrin:

Well I pick it up tomorrow after 6 so I'll start tearing it down as soon as I get the time. I'm hoping it's a standard bore that doesn't need much to get it going. Wish me luck guys.:biggrin:

does the HA motor have the coil pack? i have been looking for one...

does the HA motor have the coil pack? i have been looking for one...

I'll have pics tomorrow after I get of work. This has not been a fun trip. A 2 hour trip turned into a 4 hour one.:mad: My normal luck of course.:frown: I left about 7 and followed direction but just as we got a few miles away this is what I ran into.:eek: Behind the fire truck is the road I was supposed to go down to get the engine. I'm guessing but there were lights at the top of the hill and the fireman guarding the road told me it would be a few hours before the wreck was cleared up. This was right at sunset so I'm guessing that it was a head on collision.:eek: Hopefully everyone was ok, but we had to have the guy come out and lead us back. He wasn't familular on how to go around so it took some time but the HA engine is here now and I'll start stripping it down tomorrow night.

Attachments

• DSCN0002.jpg
    DSCN0002.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 244
I'll have pics tomorrow after I get of work. This has not been a fun trip. A 2 hour trip turned into a 4 hour one.:mad: My normal luck of course.:frown: I left about 7 and followed direction but just as we got a few miles away this is what I ran into.:eek: Behind the fire truck is the road I was supposed to go down to get the engine. I'm guessing but there were lights at the top of the hill and the fireman guarding the road told me it would be a few hours before the wreck was cleared up. This was right at sunset so I'm guessing that it was a head on collision.:eek: Hopefully everyone was ok, but we had to have the guy come out and lead us back. He wasn't familular on how to go around so it took some time but the HA engine is here now and I'll start stripping it down tomorrow night.

so youre just gonna use the block for your CT setup?

so youre just gonna use the block for your CT setup?

It has 89K on the ticker and was running so if everything is in good order then it will save me some time on getting the car back to running status. I'll be tearing it down in an hour or so and taking pics. It even has a small accusump attached to it and the oil cooler adaptor if I want to use it.:biggrin:

It has 89K on the ticker and was running so if everything is in good order then it will save me some time on getting the car back to running status. I'll be tearing it down in an hour or so and taking pics. It even has a small accusump attached to it and the oil cooler adaptor if I want to use it.:biggrin:

very cool charlie, im glad you got a solid block for a base.... makes for a nice start!

A.j.

very cool charlie, im glad you got a solid block for a base.... makes for a nice start!

A.j.

You have no idea bud.:biggrin:

YAHOO!

It's a standard on the bores and the crank.:biggrin: The turbo has no play in it either.:biggrin: This thing is a true low mileage engine thank God. Now all I need to do is find some standard forged pistons to fit it.:cool: The cam is of course going flat but that's to be expected. The only thing I can tell is that the timing chain has been replaced and the intake has been off at least once.:eek::cool:

Attachments

• DSCN0013.jpg
    DSCN0013.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 247
  • DSCN0012.JPG
    DSCN0012.JPG
    100.3 KB · Views: 243
  • DSCN0014.jpg
    DSCN0014.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 243
You have no idea bud.:biggrin:

YAHOO!

It's a standard on the bores and the crank.:biggrin: The turbo has no play in it either.:biggrin: This thing is a true low mileage engine thank God. Now all I need to do is find some standard forged pistons to fit it.:cool: The cam is of course going flat but that's to be expected. The only thing I can tell is that the timing chain has been replaced and the intake has been off at least once.:eek::cool:

sounds fun..

Well I'll make you a deal Ramone. If you want the .060 block I've got with the polished rods and hyper pistons come get them for $200.:biggrin:

isint 0.60 over a bit big? Hell thats a deal... thing is though how am I gonna get it home?

isint 0.60 over a bit big? Hell thats a deal... thing is though how am I gonna get it home?

.060 for your car shouldn't be an issue if all you want is pretty much stock for now. Build the one in it stronger and be easy on it so it'll last.:biggrin:

I think you said you had cousins in Shreve port? See if you can come visit them or they can pick it up for you. Getting it back home will be the biggest issue. You'll need a crank since I sold it to Freddie for his car though.:redface:

.060 for your car shouldn't be an issue if all you want is pretty much stock for now. Build the one in it stronger and be easy on it so it'll last.:biggrin:

I think you said you had cousins in Shreve port? See if you can come visit them or they can pick it up for you. Getting it back home will be the biggest issue. You'll need a crank since I sold it to Freddie for his car though.:redface:

Sorry, Delhi Louisiana.

Well I tore the rest of the engine down tonight and all I can say is :eek:! Who ever owned it before either knew nothing about Buicks or took it to someone who had their head up their @ss!:mad: As you can see from the pic the filter adaptor was slobered with silicone as well as the rest of the timing cover. The oil passages were half blocked off. Glad it had some pressure at least.:cool: No spun bearings but there was some metal in the pan when I cleaned it. Took the oil pump apart and it looks really nice, considering.:cool:

It seems that I've bought the interum block. It's a 20 bolt block with an open lifter valley. Not really and issue but I'd like to know what the deck height is supposed to be. I hope it's the same as the 109 blocks so I can have a little more compression.:biggrin:

Attachments

• DSCN0001.JPG
    DSCN0001.JPG
    65.1 KB · Views: 218
Well I tore the rest of the engine down tonight and all I can say is :eek:! Who ever owned it before either knew nothing about Buicks or took it to someone who had their head up their @ss!:mad: As you can see from the pic the filter adaptor was slobered with silicone as well as the rest of the timing cover. The oil passages were half blocked off. Glad it had some pressure at least.:cool: No spun bearings but there was some metal in the pan when I cleaned it. Took the oil pump apart and it looks really nice, considering.:cool:

It seems that I've bought the interum block. It's a 20 bolt block with an open lifter valley. Not really and issue but I'd like to know what the deck height is supposed to be. I hope it's the same as the 109 blocks so I can have a little more compression.:biggrin:

LMAO! thats just like the last "turbo" motor I brought home was!

some peoples kids.

A.j.

Haha at least that is the worst thing you found along with a cam going flat. I haven't seen a gem like that filter adaptor yet with silicone all over the place.