Finally got some time.

Yeah, but my cam is bigger:p lmao:biggrin:

I doubt that very seriously.:biggrin::eek:

How much do you have to machine off the valve guides for that cam to not bottom out?

About .060 to be on the safe side.

I got a little more done today while waiting on a call from the guys whos truck I'm working on. I forgot the camera but the rear is in place for fitting the brake cables and shocks. The shocks will have to be relocated inward by at least 1/2" to clear the caliper, but it's not that big a deal.

Figuring how to mount the cables is another story. I'm going to adapt the parking brake lever off the drums to hook the cable to the new lever and I needed a good location for the cable to mount. I started looking at the stock Camaro cable mount and came up with a simple way to do it. I cut what was left of the bracket up and presto. Drill two holes in it and it will be tacked in place on the lower control mount on the axle.:biggrin: The LCA bolt will go through it to make sure it doesn't move at all. Crappy pic I know but my flash died the other night.:mad:

One other thing I had to fab is some metal bushings for the uppers on the axle. It seems that the off set bushings don't stick out enough without colapsing the upper control arm. The good thing about this is that it allows for a better alignment of the arm now.

Attachments

• DSCN0002a.jpg
    DSCN0002a.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 271
Yeah, well see about that... lmao:biggrin:

I was talking to that guy today(that I`m buying the turbo stuff off) and he said you can use parts from a 3.0 on a 3.8 to beef the compression up to 10:eek:

the issue with that is you have a turbo... for a NA thats great. correct me if I'm wrong guys.:confused:

the issue with that is you have a turbo... for a NA thats great. correct me if I'm wrong guys.:confused:

I`m not sure really, but he is going to run his as a N/A so he can use a manual trans(its an 80 Pontiac SunBird, not a Buick)

here is a pic of it
dscf9570.jpg

Well back on topic guys.

I got a couple of better pics so you can see what I was talking about.:biggrin: The cable mount is actually the original one off the Camaro, but I had to do some modifying to it. Looks really good and everything fits nicely. I finished the pickup tonight so I can get back to the car now.:cool: I should be able to get it mounted up tomorrow or Sunday so you get a better idea of how everything works together.:smile:

The second pick shows the offset of the control arms with the bushing installed and the sleeves in it now. Fits good and it should help with the launch now.:biggrin:

Attachments

• DSCN0001.jpg
    DSCN0001.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 264
  • DSCN0002.jpg
    DSCN0002.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 262
Nice... now you need some undercoating for it:D. So now is it getting closer to working on the engine yet? I`m ready to see that turbo in action... you should find someone with a video camera to record it:biggrin: What trans are you going to use?

Using the stock 2004R Jase. I have several people that can vid it but when it's running I'll see about doing a "first start" vid.

dude love the home made DIY stuff
i am taking notes
as i will be going to the "You-pull-it" yards soon
i hope to have a "charlie" sway bar in my car soon after.
what type of links will you be using on the bar - Do you have a picture of them or a link to a web site?

Charlie, My dad wants to know what gauge metal we need to be using. We bought a sheet (4x8) of 18 ga. Do you think this is the right stuff? Or is it too light or heavy?

Thanks
Znix

dude love the home made DIY stuff
i am taking notes
as i will be going to the "You-pull-it" yards soon
i hope to have a "charlie" sway bar in my car soon after.
what type of links will you be using on the bar - Do you have a picture of them or a link to a web site?

I'll have to measure everything before I put it in but the bar will have normal poly bushings for end links and they'll be as short as I can make them The shorter the link the less deflection it'll have so it should work better.:biggrin: Learned that from my road cars over the years.:cool:

Charlie, My dad wants to know what gauge metal we need to be using. We bought a sheet (4x8) of 18 ga. Do you think this is the right stuff? Or is it too light or heavy?

Thanks
Znix

Are you talking about the fenders? I just used the stock rears out of another Regal. I have no idea what thickness they are.

Well my net's been down for 4 days and it sucks to say the least.:mad:

I finally get to add some more pics now.Here's a pic of the modified parking brake lever. Not really hard to do but it's been a pain of a week to say the least. that stinking 83 Chevy has been a total pain. Had it running just fine and there's still more rust in the fuel.:mad:

Well on to the pics now.:biggrin: I took the stock parking lever off the drum set up and cut some of the Camaro lever off to combine the two. Looks pretty good so far and if I get lucky tomorrow I'll post some pics. Wish me luck guys.:biggrin:

Attachments

• DSCN0001.JPG
    DSCN0001.JPG
    53.8 KB · Views: 232
  • DSCN0002.JPG
    DSCN0002.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 228
  • DSCN0003.JPG
    DSCN0003.JPG
    49.7 KB · Views: 226
4 days... I`v been screwed by Comcast for over a week with no internet, phone or TV:mad:... you quickly realize how hooked you are on it:rolleyes:

Yeah, don`t forget your parking break... you get the car running and it runs away:eek:

If anyone would know this, it would probably be you:biggrin: What kinda car could I use the same springs out of, that`s lower than a stock Regal`s springs?

I'll be getting into the books after I get the suspension done completely and scale the car. Off the top of my head I don't know which spring would work though.

Ok. I have tried looking for info on that, but haven`t found any thing like that... just where to buy new springs, but I would rather not spend $300 bucks just for some lower springs and the still need shocks:rolleyes: There are many other things I could buy with $300+ bucks.

4 days... I`v been screwed by Comcast for over a week with no internet, phone or TV:mad:... you quickly realize how hooked you are on it:rolleyes:

Yeah, don`t forget your parking break... you get the car running and it runs away:eek:

If anyone would know this, it would probably be you:biggrin: What kinda car could I use the same springs out of, that`s lower than a stock Regal`s springs?

OOOO I know your pain, my comcast cable here is nothing but a broken cord with a copper wire at the end sticking into my TV:eek: and if you clap or stomp the cable will go out:eek: REDRUM..... REDRUM:D

OOOO I know your pain, my comcast cable here is nothing but a broken cord with a copper wire at the end sticking into my TV:eek: and if you clap or stomp the cable will go out:eek: REDRUM..... REDRUM:D

so cut it and resplice it. its just 75 ohm RG59 cable.

they sell crimpless ends at best buy, walmart, etc etc... for like 99 cents.

A.j.