Finally got some time.

True, but I now have a cooler adaptor to use if I want to. The great thing is I now have a turbo saver, accusump (gravity fed), and the cooler adaptor. What shouldn't I use now. LOL

Well I tore the rest of the engine down tonight and all I can say is :eek:! Who ever owned it before either knew nothing about Buicks or took it to someone who had their head up their @ss!:mad: As you can see from the pic the filter adaptor was slobered with silicone as well as the rest of the timing cover. The oil passages were half blocked off. Glad it had some pressure at least.:cool: No spun bearings but there was some metal in the pan when I cleaned it. Took the oil pump apart and it looks really nice, considering.:cool:

It seems that I've bought the interum block. It's a 20 bolt block with an open lifter valley. Not really and issue but I'd like to know what the deck height is supposed to be. I hope it's the same as the 109 blocks so I can have a little more compression.:biggrin:

I know where this is going.....

Well I tore the rest of the engine down tonight and all I can say is :eek:! Who ever owned it before either knew nothing about Buicks or took it to someone who had their head up their @ss!:mad: As you can see from the pic the filter adaptor was slobered with silicone as well as the rest of the timing cover. The oil passages were half blocked off. Glad it had some pressure at least.:cool: No spun bearings but there was some metal in the pan when I cleaned it. Took the oil pump apart and it looks really nice, considering.:cool:

It seems that I've bought the interum block. It's a 20 bolt block with an open lifter valley. Not really and issue but I'd like to know what the deck height is supposed to be. I hope it's the same as the 109 blocks so I can have a little more compression.:biggrin:

wow quality repair! lol :tongue:

True, but I now have a cooler adaptor to use if I want to. The great thing is I now have a turbo saver, accusump (gravity fed), and the cooler adaptor. What shouldn't I use now. LOL

Are you talking about an oil cooler? I thought about using one between the turbo oil sending unit and the turbo, to keep it a little cooler... but I thought it might restrict the flow too much... or would it?

I also thought about getting one of those adapters that lets you move your oil filter and mount it in a cooler spot and then add a dual oil cooler(motor/trans) with a small fan to it as well... not cheap, but I think it would help "Beat the Heat"... the C/Ts worst enemy::biggrin:

Is this a good idea or am I just thinking way too hard?:rolleyes:

Look at an 84 through 87 turbo car and you'll see two lines coming from around the oil filter. This is the oil cooler lines. They go to the radiator. I got the adaptor off the engine I just tore apart. I've also got a remote filter system that has the oil line for the turbo coming off of it. I haven't decided whether or not to run everything or not and add an oil cooler but it's not a bad idea since the cooler will help keep the turbo a little cooler. I don't know if I answered your question or not Jase but this is the basics.

I never noticed it connected to the radiator... only the trans lines. I might just use a small power steering pump oil cooler($20) for a turbo line cooler and mount it behind the grill.

Then for the motor, get a oil filter repositioning adapter($50) and move the filter behind the headlight and then hook up a bigger oil cooler to it($100) and mount it in front of the radiator.

I can buy it from AZ and use my 20% discount on them:biggrin:

Oh yeah... forgot about that:( I see Summit has some bigger coolers for a few bucks more... I will just get them there then:biggrin:

Well if you can wait until Christmas we get a 10% discount but I usually find it cheaper on line so it's usually not worth it. You also get a 30% off store stock for 3 days.

No new news but the shop is a little wet after 9 inches of rain today.:eek: I couldn't get to it if I wanted to today. notacarlo had the tornado in Dallas pass over him while driving home.:eek: Talk about a rough day.

Well if you can wait until Christmas we get a 10% discount but I usually find it cheaper on line so it's usually not worth it. You also get a 30% off store stock for 3 days.

That`s true... I will prob get a few dress-up things for the motor... steel mesh hose lines, throttle cable... a bunch of things I don`t really need:biggrin:

Is the motor be ready yet?:p... What size cam are you going to use for it?

That`s true... I will prob get a few dress-up things for the motor... steel mesh hose lines, throttle cable... a bunch of things I don`t really need:biggrin:

Is the motor be ready yet?:p... What size cam are you going to use for it?

Forget the steel mesh for the lines Jase. You'll regret it later. I've cut a lot of it off and it really sucks.

The cam I have now is the 204/214 Edlebrock cam but I'm seriously thinking about going bigger.

Forget the steel mesh for the lines Jase. You'll regret it later. I've cut a lot of it off and it really sucks.

The cam I have now is the 204/214 Edlebrock cam but I'm seriously thinking about going bigger.

Yeah, I know... I`v used it before... It WILL leave you with bloody fingers and anger-management issues:mad::biggrin:

This is the cam kit I am going to get... not the biggest cam, but its a whole kit and it sure beats stock.
COMP Cams K69-248-4 - COMP Cams High Energy Cam and Lifter Kits - Overview - SummitRacing.com

Way over priced Jase. Here's what I'm thinking about.:biggrin: Check their listing and I'm sure you'll find a much better cam as well as allthe parts you need.

PRO STOCK PERFORMANCE CAM BUICK 231-252ci LIFT 472 496 : eBay Motors (item 290468671677 end time Sep-26-10 02:15:38 PDT)

Nice. I would like to find one with a big exhaust lift and use a cutoff... I want to be louder than all these idiots in their V8 GN/T-types around my neighborhood:rolleyes:... They don`t deserve to have a GN! and they don`t deserve to live in my book:eek::biggrin: