You can type here any text you want

First 2013 Shelby GT500 in the 9's.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Ya back in the day we used to call the Fox body Stangs "5 slows" instead of 5.0's.......I will never say that again :eek:..... Ford's got there sh** together right now and it's getting harder and harder to have something respectable on the streets these days....I feel like anything not running in the tens is just average....

There have been a few completely stock 5.0's at our local track that have run 13.1 with an automatic trans! :)

This much faster than a stock GN with the horrible GT tires that could hardly run into the 14's when new. My T was a "solid" 15.1 car off the showroom floor. :oops:

Kudos to Ford for building a kicka55 car. ATCO is probably the fastest track on the east coast, its the place to run when going for a record.

Evolution BROKE their Shelby Wed. at ATCO going 9.6 at 149+ with NEW combo, picked info off the SVT board......rumor that it had made 4 figures on the dyno, more when confirmed!

There is a reason we have set numerous records over the past 7 years.... and it's not by being "Cookie-Cutter"..

We have been pushing our 2013 Shelby GT500 from day one.... more like beating the crap out of it from day one.

In 8 weeks the car has logged 121 1/4 Mile Passes at the Track and 39 Dyno Pulls. That's probably 10 times more then most owners of these cars will do in a lifetime.

We were fully aware of the risks involved when pushing a stock engine, that's why we weren't surprised when we broke it. I'm actually surprised it lasted this long for what we put it through especially the amount of boost and power we made with the 3.6LC Kenne Bell is just absolutely ridiculous.

Once the motor is taken apart we will put up a full analysis on what broke and include lots of photos.

Luckily our other 2013 Shelby GT500 is our R&D car, which has logged over 3 thousand miles testing all of our Combo Power Packages, Tunes, Shifters, Suspension, Exhaust, etc. So keep that in mind when shopping for the perfect combination.

Thank you to everyone that supports our hard work and dedication to the Shelby GT500 community and for the haters.. you're really going to hate us when you see the new combination in our car... It's going to be even more ridiculous and very soon...
wink.gif

Check out the October 2012 Issue of 5.0 Mustang and Super Fords Magazine on Newsstands now for an in-depth look at our quest for 9's in the 1/4 mile with our 2013 Shelby GT500. How much power did we make and what basic bolt-ons were used to achieve this.....Nitrous was NOT one of them... It would have been too easy, we proved that back in 2006 when we were first in the 9's with our 2007 Shelby GT500. We wanted a challenge...

Fred
Evolution Performance, Inc.

I've never been a Mustang fan cause it has kind of been a rival car for me over the years...I do respect what the cars can do and it is an American car company....

Also you bring up some points about how hard you have to work at getting a car to run times like that...Lots of money knowledge trial and error seat time etc...

Evolution BROKE their Shelby Wed. at ATCO going 9.6 at 149+ with NEW combo, picked info off the SVT board......rumor that it had made 4 figures on the dyno, more when confirmed!..................Fred Evolution Performance, Inc.

Thanks for the info, that car is awesome!

I cannot remember how many times my car "broke" BEFORE I went into the 9's, and even a few after that before I went 9.6! :D

2013 Shelby Gt500 goes 11.12@130 at 75-80 Drags,

but to be fair has cobra jet TB, 123mm intake, tune and STOCK TIRES....really 2 bolt ons and a tune goes 11.12! Chris said he had to walk it out with a 2+ 60" time, first time out with the car, first run was a 12.05!

nice pass but i like my cars black or white with v6's that can run same #

Just finished reading the October 5.0 GT500 modification article about Evolution Performance. Very good read. It is amazing the extra power being wrung out of this engine! 50 RWHP from just a tune. 100 RWHP from just CAI, duel 65MM TB, and Lund race tune. Plus another 79 RWHP with just a lower pulley and headers! BTW, headers were only worth 20 RWHP, the least bang for the buck of all modifications. Power was made with Shell unleaded racing gas.

Back