Florida needed my $7.00

faster

Found out my license was suspended. Went down to the courthouse and they said it was suspended for failure to appear for a ticket. I said I don't have a ticket and clerk agreed. So how can I have a suspension for failure to appear on a ticket I didn't get I ask? She says sorry about the mix up but you'll still have to pay the $7.00 to get your license reinstated becaue I must have a receipt number for the computor.

I say can I speak to a supervisor please? She says yes but move over to the waiting area until I can find one and then you can get in line again.
I just paid it, she reinstated it and I left.

Did they really need my $7.00 that much?

Mikey

Bad move !! Now your license has been suspended and therefor you have not been driving. Your insurance co will list you as a NEW driver and charge you more expensive rates!!!

The ins companies are in bed with our govt and there's not much you can do about it.

Call the city and talk to a supervisor.

Found out my license was suspended. Went down to the courthouse and they said it was suspended for failure to appear for a ticket. I said I don't have a ticket and clerk agreed. So how can I have a suspension for failure to appear on a ticket I didn't get I ask? She says sorry about the mix up but you'll still have to pay the $7.00 to get your license reinstated becaue I must have a receipt number for the computor.

I say can I speak to a supervisor please? She says yes but move over to the waiting area until I can find one and then you can get in line again.
I just paid it, she reinstated it and I left.

Did they really need my $7.00 that much?

Mikey

of course they dont need it, they wanted it. they being the gov.

soon their going to tax you on the air you breathe; carbon taxes are coming like I said they would. and no other county will have to pay it but us.

Bad move !! Now your license has been suspended and therefor you have not been driving. Your insurance co will list you as a NEW driver and charge you more expensive rates!!!

The ins companies are in bed with our govt and there's not much you can do about it.

The $7.00 is the fee the STATE charges to process the paperwork and maybe print off a new license.

Drove around for months on a suspended license in FL and didn't know it either. Ins.co could care less. My rates stayed the same. As a matter of fact they went down. You get into trouble when you cancel a policy as the STATE keeps track of that information on your cars registration. But I did have to file a RM22 or what ever they call it for 3 years because some F'n cop had a bug up his azz. Here in FL it's damn cheap and easy to drive and own cars. The hard part is keeping the paperwork clean. What I hate is the fact they keep track of your records forever. I was busted last year when the retard at the Tag & Title screwed up the paperwork on my MC. I literally sat there for 5 minutes while a State Trooper scrolled my car titles and DL through DAVID(the laptop in his squad). Nope. I didn't catch a break on that one either. Apparently your a second class citizen if you have a MC endorsement on your DL.:(

This happened years ago, I went in to get something cleared up, had a suspended drivers license for some reason. Once they started pulling up the records, I came up with 2, yeah that's right, 2 suspended florida drivers licenses. They weren't sure how to explain that one. Needless to say I was there for an hour screaming at every supervisor I could. Had to give up the fight when I had to poop so bad I couldn't hold it anymore. :biggrin:

I agree. I would go back over there and tell them they fuked and that you do not want any record of a suspended drivers licence on ur record. If that doesnt work go see an attorney. That's a slam dunk for any attorney.

You didn't plead guilty to anything but the fact that u paid to reinstate ur license because the state fuked up will not be reflected in the computer.

Got a parking ticket for 20 bucks saying I was improperly parked at the zoo.. I could set a court date and fight it.. or just pay the 20.00 bucks.

I paid the 20.00

Got a parking ticket for 20 bucks saying I was improperly parked at the zoo.. I could set a court date and fight it.. or just pay the 20.00 bucks.

I paid the 20.00

Parking tags do not show up on ur MV history. Infractions/arrests will with a dispostion. In CT a suspended license is a misd. But usually just an infraction in most states.