Full Restoration t-type

Looks awesome. That car was real clean! Where did it come from? My floors are just about done. But 90% of
My metal is brand new, so there was a lot of body work done to hide all the welds. I'll post pics Next week. I was going to go single stage gloss black but even though my car will only see 1500-3000 miles a year the underside still takes a beaten no matter what. After a lot of research I'm spraying my bottom with lizard skin ceramic paint. It will give a very slight texture but I like the sound deading properties. A lot of 100k$+ pro touring builds are using it. I might put another coat or Eastwood ceramic satin over that depending on the color of the lizard skin when done. Silver will prob look cool but for how long I don't know. I think por15 makes a hard silver paint that might be more durable. Also make sure to seam seal the crap out of it!

Looks awesome. That car was real clean! Where did it come from? My floors are just about done. But 90% of
My metal is brand new, so there was a lot of body work done to hide all the welds. I'll post pics Next week. I was going to go single stage gloss black but even though my car will only see 1500-3000 miles a year the underside still takes a beaten no matter what. After a lot of research I'm spraying my bottom with lizard skin ceramic paint. It will give a very slight texture but I like the sound deading properties. A lot of 100k$+ pro touring builds are using it. I might put another coat or Eastwood ceramic satin over that depending on the color of the lizard skin when done. Silver will prob look cool but for how long I don't know. I think por15 makes a hard silver paint that might be more durable. Also make sure to seam seal the crap out of it!

Believe it or not it came from NY!!! The guy was original owner and washed the car down after each day. Kept it real clean!!! I'll have to search that lizard skin stuff. Thanks!!

Firewall

Here are some of the firewall being stripped part by part then primed. Only a little more on the firewall to go!!! Love being on my feet!!

Attachments

• 20.jpg
    20.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 570
  • 21.jpg
    21.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 549
  • 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 567
  • 23.jpg
    23.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 541
Looking Good, glad to also see that u rebuilt what was holding that body up. Looking good.

Been doing the same thing to mine I bought a rotisserie to do the bottom and it was worth it just sold it and got most of my money back! Stripping those floor just plain sucks i had about every type wire wheel size,grinder wheel,chemical stripper,ect and it still took about 25-30hrs! I did my bottom with 2k primer them mostaliner i think it looks very clean here is a link to my thread! http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/show-car-restoration-body-repair/353787-making-progress.html

Believe it or not it came from NY!!! The guy was original owner and washed the car down after each day. Kept it real clean!!! I'll have to search that lizard skin stuff. Thanks!!

That body was pretty clean for NY. My inner rockers were rotted to the point I had to cut them out. Thats a huge problem because they dont make any parts for these. Your floors look real good. great job. I did my frame with por15.I blasted it first. Im going to get some of the eastwood encapsulator to spray in the body and floor braces

Been doing the same thing to mine I bought a rotisserie to do the bottom and it was worth it just sold it and got most of my money back! Stripping those floor just plain sucks i had about every type wire wheel size,grinder wheel,chemical stripper,ect and it still took about 25-30hrs! I did my bottom with 2k primer them mostaliner i think it looks very clean here is a link to my thread! http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/show-car-restoration-body-repair/353787-making-progress.html

That looks great! Im looking for a smother glossier look with a lighter color to show the contours and distiguish between the frame (black) and body. I know it will look awesome no matter what i do, its just a matter of how awesome haha. And yes, i had to rebuild teh support under the car it was a little sketchy. More to come soon!!!

Nice job so far. I'm dreading when I get my frame out but it doesn't look that bad from waht you've posted so far.

One question for ya. Would you mind taking a pic from the side so I can see where you've put the bars under the body. Thanks.:)

I was going to paint mine but once the car gets on the ground you really can't see under it and wanted more chip protection with less up keep. You really cant go a bad route no matter what is done it's a improvement to what was there to begin with just a matter of preference. I build some hats for my jack stands that are offset to the outside about 2" and they have little channels that the pinch welds sit in this way i can roll the frame in and out from under the body to work on it works real nice and my frame is powdercoated semi gloss black and they were able to get the coating though all the rails and passages came out nice! You have to be creative with these frames and bodys so you can work on them lots of wood and metal!
Chris

Sorry im a slacker. I have gotten pretty far with this but have had no time to update. Soon to come lots of pics!!

I cannot decide what to coat the bottom of the car with. Any idea? Besides rubberized undercoating? I want something smooth but durable like the black thats on it now but i dont think just leaving it with 3 coats of epoxy primer is good enough. Another possibility is single stage blue like the color of the car (Silver is out) but i dont know how durable that will be. All ideas will be considered. Thanks!

I cannot decide what to coat the bottom of the car with. Any idea? Besides rubberized undercoating? I want something smooth but durable like the black thats on it now but i dont think just leaving it with 3 coats of epoxy primer is good enough. Another possibility is single stage blue like the color of the car (Silver is out) but i dont know how durable that will be. All ideas will be considered. Thanks!
raptor liner....i

What do you think about 3M body shutz? Anyone ever use it? I like it and am leaning toward that.

POR 15 unbelievably tough and really beautiful finish.

Wow i have been slacking. Enjoy.

Attachments

• IMG_2093.JPG
    IMG_2093.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 348
  • IMG_2096.JPG
    IMG_2096.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 318
  • IMG_3521.JPG
    IMG_3521.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 344
  • IMG_3531.JPG
    IMG_3531.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 319
  • IMG_4387.JPG
    IMG_4387.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 306
  • IMG_4390.JPG
    IMG_4390.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 332
  • IMG_4522.JPG
    IMG_4522.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 338
  • IMG_5134.JPG
    IMG_5134.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 342
  • IMG_5133.JPG
    IMG_5133.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 326
  • IMG_5482.JPG
    IMG_5482.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 298
More. Everything in gray is primer. Black is epoxy sealer. Then you have body sealer. Then the frame being stripped, blasted and painted.

Attachments

• IMG_5493.JPG
    IMG_5493.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 310
  • IMG_5483.JPG
    IMG_5483.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 332
  • IMG_5806.JPG
    IMG_5806.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 291
  • IMG_6194.JPG
    IMG_6194.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 315
  • IMG_6191.JPG
    IMG_6191.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 299
  • IMG_6256.JPG
    IMG_6256.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 330
  • IMG_6187.JPG
    IMG_6187.JPG
    374.9 KB · Views: 291
  • IMG_6195.JPG
    IMG_6195.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 311
  • IMG_6420.JPG
    IMG_6420.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 289
  • IMG_6433.JPG
    IMG_6433.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 311
More of the frame.

Attachments

• IMG_6415.JPG
    IMG_6415.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 289
  • IMG_6395.JPG
    IMG_6395.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 242
  • IMG_6412.JPG
    IMG_6412.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 240
  • IMG_6403.JPG
    IMG_6403.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 259
What did you use to paint the bottom of body? That looks awesome. Great job.
My body is at a friends getting a new quarter and floor pan and some other small things like inner and outer rockers.lol