Gaging interest: Dyno tuning Houston.

Knowing how impatient Bison is I'm sure he's in a prime mood. [emoji38]
AG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your experience was obviously different from mine / ours. Although we had weather-related issues, and minor problems with a couple of cars, Bison was great to work with. He was personable, answered any questions we had, found 30 hp for my motor, and even complimented my car.
Many thanks to Jerryl (AGAIN!!), Bison, and a big shout out to KP Racing for putting up with us all. James-

James,
Turbobitt is just bustin. Lol

Agree though. Great experience, teaching, camaraderie and cars!
You did an absolute awesome job on your car and raised the bar!

Thanks to everyone for being so flexible!

I am sure some will share results of they decide. Lol

Your experience was obviously different from mine / ours. Although we had weather-related issues, and minor problems with a couple of cars, Bison was great to work with. He was personable, answered any questions we had, found 30 hp for my motor, and even complimented my car.
Many thanks to Jerryl (AGAIN!!), Bison, and a big shout out to KP Racing for putting up with us all. James-

Yes Bison and I are good friends and have always had good experience with him and glad he worked out for you guys.

AG.

Since some want to know results . . . My car ended producing the highest torque and hp numbers for all white 86 ttypes at the event. Since the dyno is merely a tuning tool, the numbers don't matter much.

Last edited:
Since some want to know results . . . My car ended producing the highest torque and hp numbers for all white 86 ttypes at the event. Since the dyno is merely a tuning tool, the numbers don't matter much.
And so how many more white 86 T-Types were there ?
AG.

and how much wud that b or wud u hav to kill me if u told me:D? and how much of an improvement from before?

First off I'd like to thank everyone involved. KP Racing for their world class facility (probably the most 1000+whp cars I've seen per sq ft in a shop in my life), Jerryl for his excellent communication, ease to work with and hospitality, Jaime, John, Chuck, James, and J.R. We had some impressive results. 2 of the cars had low 10 sec or better power on 93/alky. We found some timing issues on cars that were corrected and were able to make some major head way on John's car with his classic fast which was barely on a startup tune when we started. We had some rpm error on the non 1:1 cars that resulted in some higher than normal torque numbers with lower than normal hp numbers but still managed over 500whp on a few cars. Next time I will be prepared to wire the dyno directly to the tach output on the cars so the hp number can be displayed accurately. If you are over 500whp on one of these Powerdyne Mustang dynos you have low 10 sec power or better. Jaime's car had some of the best results of just about anything I've seen with a 62mm compressor wheel. His car has proven parts that were properly setup and the car performed flawlessly. Chucks car made a lot of power at low boost and will make a lot more with more boost and fuel added but we had some connectivity issues at the end and left it alone. On James' car we were able to hit 330whp and close to 500wtq with a TE44 and 17-18psi boost. It's a very deceiving close to stock looking setup. We couldn't go any further since his chips fuel was maxed out. Though i would have liked to see 19-20psi. With the timing where it should be 93 octane can go a lot further than most would think. Keep in mind this was 93 octane with no alky. He commented that he had a decent set of heads. They must be really decent to support that power on low boost with a small turbo. That's over 100whp more than a stock LC2 at very close to factory boost levels. I'll be spec'ing a new chip based on the logs obtained and he will be able to add some more boost safely if he chooses. On JR's car we had some issues with break up and were able to reduce but not eliminate it so we left it at the baseline. He will be updating some wiring and changing valve springs for the future. Jerryl's white t type was very impressive running a one off 93/alky injection setup. I'll say that it made more power on 93/alky than any engine I've ever seen for the amount of alky he was using. His system is well engineered and maintains very accurate distribution to feed the alky into the cylinders. We couldn't adjust the timing backward in his chip or we could have gone even further with boost and made even more power. You don't want to wind up next to this car unless you have 9 sec power or you will probably see tail lights.

Well said bison i agree 100%
On your post i wished i had more time to chat with you my friend but unfortunately my travel time was to long but yes that place was awsome with very high tech gadgets to support the horsepower monsters they breed in that place also thanks to all the guys who helped out even helped me load up my car so i could get on the road ,and also thank you for your compliments on my set up but let me tell you guys i also need to thank you guys and this board because lots of reading and testing and trial and error is what helped me get my end results im very happy with my results just goes to show that the veterans on this forum know there stuff , oh just fyi bison my fuel was 91octane is all we can get here in the great town of hereford lol

Sounds like a great day with some interesting cars and results.

Well said bison i agree 100%
On your post i wished i had more time to chat with you my friend but unfortunately my travel time was to long but yes that place was awsome with very high tech gadgets to support the horsepower monsters they breed in that place also thanks to all the guys who helped out even helped me load up my car so i could get on the road ,and also thank you for your compliments on my set up but let me tell you guys i also need to thank you guys and this board because lots of reading and testing and trial and error is what helped me get my end results im very happy with my results just goes to show that the veterans on this forum know there stuff , oh just fyi bison my fuel was 91octane is all we can get here in the great town of hereford lol
91 octane. That's really strong for that fuel

Real cars. Real people.

1446605657314.jpg
1446605671163.jpg
1446605695952.jpg
1446605730644.jpg

Im still grinnin . from the experience, and humbled by the compliments on my car. I had a great time meeting new TB brothers. All i can say is...Brian better pack a suitcase next time..this is going to get to get good.

Nice pictures jerryl my car was so dirty from all the rainy trip lol
Nice looking cars :):)
For the stuff you had to drive through it looked petty good! Just clean and wax the back bumper for the guy racing you. Lol

Last edited:
Im still grinnin . from the experience, and humbled by the compliments on my car. I had a great time meeting new TB brothers. All i can say is...Brian better pack a suitcase next time..this is going to get to get good.
The car did exactly what you set it out to do and your passion is evident in the results.

Were any cars running chips, if so what gains were seen?