Gallina/Freeman go to PTC convertors

Otto J

And pick p 5.5 MPH in the 1/8th!:eek:

Len ran a 4.77 at 156.5 tonight while breaking a trans!

Congrats guys
Those PTC Convertors ROCK!!!

Congrats guys

Sorry about the tranny but it seems like they are headed in the right direction.
I mentioned to Len at least a year ago that he should give Dusty a call.
Anyway I hope they are back out again soon.

Congratulations to John, Marka, Len and Jan...

Damn, the word's already out:biggrin: He had to peddle right after the launch and the tranny let go after the 8th. Out of the box we pick him up 5.5 over what Coan and Pro-torque could do. Reckon how much faster it could go if this converter was 3x the price:eek:

Congrats guys
it was a 4.72 and the converter realy did the trick and we were up 5 mph at the 1000 ft mark also. i had to let out after that. cant wait for a full pass. raining here to day.

Thanks for the oppurtunity Len. Working with a team of this caliber is a privaledge;)

Talk to you tomorrow.

it was a 4.72 and the converter realy did the trick and we were up 5 mph at the 1000 ft mark also. i had to let out after that. cant wait for a full pass. raining here to day.

Congrats Len You guys running a bruno drive or glide? What did you break?

Congrats Len You guys running a bruno drive or glide? What did you break?
thanks. were running a glide. not sure what happened on the first trans. i drained it to put the ptc in and had metal on the magnet, so i put the spare in and on the 2nd launch it lost first gear. were leaving at 35 lbs. now and the trans are having a hard time. so its time to step them up. i really think i can get a 197 or 198 mph with this new converter. im very impressed with the gain. its a lot over the spragless and better than the spraged converters i kept breaking. DUSTY IS THE MAN!!!! i wont get the trans apart untill later.

Torque converter, Bruno and Lenco. That's the ticket.

It is and it isnt.

If you run a Bruno, you cant run any more than 3 gears on the Lenco because the unit becomes too long.

The Liberty setup is nice but it's going to set you back about $14K without a converter.

I talked to Neal Chance, Liberty and the Bruno dude about going that way on Shane's car and we still may but it's REALLY expensive.

You get the idea though. I think a G-Force is another trans that will fit behind the Bruno. Not sure.

You get the idea though. I think a G-Force is another trans that will fit behind the Bruno. Not sure.

It will.. so will the Jeffco but I dont think they make one that will handle the horsepower.

It will.. so will the Jeffco but I dont think they make one that will handle the horsepower.

Yep. You're right. Jeffco is just a few blocks from us. I think you're right about the HP level too, although I know of a local fellow that has one in a well known Alcohol Pro Mod. Car and rig are for sale too, by the way. He just finished freshening up the whole car. Divorce killed the project, but not before he got it all together. Hasn't been started yet. The Jeffco is kinda like a down scaled Lenco. I think Jeff started his career at Lenco, which is also local to us.

Guys around here make well over 2400hp and run PG's in 3000-3200lb cars and don't break them. From the info Len gave me it sounds like the stuff in the trannies he has now is old Coan stuff, hardened 1.76 planets etc. With the power he's making now that won't cut it. He's going to get it apart and see what's broke. It's time for 1.80 straight cuts and better parts though. Once upgraded he'll be good to go.

Guys around here make well over 2400hp and run PG's in 3000-3200lb cars and don't break them. From the info Len gave me it sounds like the stuff in the trannies he has now is old Coan stuff, hardened 1.76 planets etc. With the power he's making now that won't cut it. He's going to get it apart and see what's broke. It's time for 1.80 straight cuts and better parts though. Once upgraded he'll be good to go.

Thanks I was going to post that this morning but I ran out of time.
Check out your new videos from Memphis!!!