GENERATING Interest: GNX DASH group buy.

OK Update 11/19/13
We will place the order on Dec 2.
He is being very patient with me I am repeating important points and asking alot of questions.....
I have verified that the Volt light will have a resistor / "bulb simulator " and not cause any alternator charging problems.
Looks like install may be a lot easier. He is looking into ordering the dash connector from Caspers and attaching the wires at their end, so it is VERY close to plug and play. Just would have to hook up individual senders like speedo, Oil pressure, water temp and tach. Idiot lights, power, ground, fuel level, volts would all be in the single GN compatible harness connector.
THE PRICE GIVEN IS AN ESTIMATE.
The more we order the less it will be. But we wont know the final until we get all our members counted. ( I wouldn't expect it to drop drastically being realistic, i.e. we added $35 with the Caspers harness connector)
Make sure you PM me if interested!

Dakota Digital, Jags that run, Painless wiring has them and they are all the same design. all slightly less than $100
If we wanted a modern GM 3 wire 2 pulse sender made the company can do it but it costs like $5000 for tooling and testing.

A $6000 dash might kind of be out of the question:eek: You've done so much to put this project together, and I'm glad, do you have the part #'s for them? I'm pretty good with wiring, but wouldn't know what to ask for. Thanks!
Troy

This is a good thing your putting together Steve!

You guys know that Speedhut sells a speedometer that operates via satellite just like the GPS units do and you won't need a VSS... Plus it will be Very Accurate!

OK guys here is a cool link. An inflation calculator.
Remember me writing earlier about the AVC dash I bought back in 1992? It cost $888 well that is equivalent to $1431 of today's money.
So See... you're saving over $200 and have a much better gauge set!;)
Play with this for a while:
http://www.westegg.com/inflation/

OK guys here is a cool link. An inflation calculator.
Remember me writing earlier about the AVC dash I bought back in 1992? It cost $888 well that is equivalent to $1431 of today's money.
So See... you're saving over $200 and have a much better gauge set!;)
Play with this for a while:
http://www.westegg.com/inflation/

x2, my car was converted to GNX style dash in the early 90's and the guy told me it was close to a $1,000.