GN is 95% DONE!!!

You gotta get througha boring 4 hour drive with road construction, modified off ramps, and deer to get to me buddy. Then when you get here we can bud out, drink and play cars!

So my frame-off-rotissorie restoration is about 95% done!!:D* After 2 years of disassembly, cleaning, sandblasting, rust repair, sanding, painting, sanding, buffing, more sanding, assembly, and more blood, sweat, and tears than I care to talk about, :eek: I FINALLY got to drive it to my first show!!! I was very pleasantly surprised to win Top 25 honors and Best 1980's car with it!!:eek: :D* Got quite a few bugs to work out of it, but over all it has been a sucess!:D* After all, It's another Turbo Regal that has been saved from the bone yard and put back on the street where it belongs!! Here are some pics of it, from beginning to end. Let me know what you guys think.

Where did you get the Rotisserie?

BTW great job on the car

May I ask what brand and color model you used on your paint? I like the sheen alot. how many coats of base and clear?

looks very very good man.

Where did you get the Rotisserie?

BTW great job on the car

The rotissorie came from Auto-Twirler. Best $900 I spent on the project.

May I ask what brand and color model you used on your paint? I like the sheen alot. how many coats of base and clear?

looks very very good man.

We used DuPont Chromabase/Clear. I can't quite remember how many coats of each we used. I think we sealed it, 2 coats of base, wet sanded with 1500, 2 more coats of base, and 2-3 coats of clear. Then wet sanded with 2000-2500 and buffed.....then we got to re shoot some areas that were a little thin....we buffed through the clear. Happens alot on ridges, edges, and sharp body lines.

So nice to see a car get done right. :cool: Very cool that you kept it a hot air car too.

Thanks. Very cool to know SOME PEOPLE.....ahemm...Jesse/Jeremy....ahemm...still appreciate the hot airs...:biggrin: Thanks;)

Where's the pics of the seats? Beings they came from Jeremy I would think they would be bolt in and go:confused:

Where's the pics of the seats? Beings they came from Jeremy I would think they would be bolt in and go:confused:

They are pretty much bolt-in.....just gotta find the time to get to it....:rolleyes: Maybe this weekend...:p

Gotta pull them off the tracks though...my driver side is power and the new ones aren't...:eek:

You are a bad man to have done all that restoration work by yourself and in a small garage.

x2... I had to work on mine in an even smaller garage, but just a body off. I love that you kept it a HA with the 86/87 header panel, very cool and unique. The frame looks awesome with the red accent parts... what kinda paint did you use for the frame and parts? I thought about using ceramic coating on everything under the car... I drive it in the winter:eek::biggrin:

x2... I had to work on mine in an even smaller garage, but just a body off. I love that you kept it a HA with the 86/87 header panel, very cool and unique. The frame looks awesome with the red accent parts... what kinda paint did you use for the frame and parts? I thought about using ceramic coating on everything under the car... I drive it in the winter:eek::biggrin:

Thanks for the kind words. All the frame and suspension components were powdercoated. I used a 40% sheen on the black and a gloss red. ---Keith