gn1 front mount

richardv6

ok i know how some people cannot stand overseas products, and i have had some that was just junk.(headers) but i have to say the super extreme front mount intercooler is a very nice piece. it fits perfect and the pipes dont hang down to far, almost hard to tell it even has a front mount.and for the money its the best bang for the buck.

I agree!..... but fair warning, this thread is about 2 minutes from being deleted!

I was very pleased with mine too. Just got rid of it in a trade for a stock location IC because for a street car that I barely drive I felt I didn't need the front mount. But you're right the piping fit great and it is a great deal.

I agree!..... but fair warning, this thread is about 2 minutes from being deleted!

no, to many vendors use them

its common, and cheap. The point is, Nice upgrade and I am sure he is very happy no matter who he got it from.
there great and so far so good from what I hear in terms of performance.

hey for the price the product is doing what its suppose to do PERFORM, where all guilty of having over seas parts in our cars....who do you think made that nice radio you upgraded to:rolleyes:

hey for the price the product is doing what its suppose to do PERFORM, where all guilty of having over seas parts in our cars....who do you think made that nice radio you upgraded to:rolleyes:

Not just that but probably the LS1 maf you got or even some of the stock parts int he car like electronics where probably from overseas.

You keep stirring the pot like this and you will be two minutes from GONE!:wink:

Check out the shots of the end tanks blown out before you jump out and buy one:eek: That might hurt something at 100+:eek:

Check out the shots of the end tanks blown out before you jump out and buy one:eek: That might hurt something at 100+:eek:

Not "stirring the pot" or anything, but was the statement about blowing end tanks regarding the FMIC, SLIC, aluminum radiator, or all three??? Or was it maybe the F-body radiator I heard it about? I already have Mark Hueffman's aluminum radiator and I was considering the SLIC too (both items are the same ones GN1 sells), but while shopping for this stuff it seems I've heard this warning before...:confused:

After owning a set of China headers, and seeing how crappy internally they were, I will never buy another China rip off again. I saw the front mount with the end tank blown out. Who knows what the intercooler was put through, but I wouldn't want that on my car. For afew $'s more, you can have the real deal, and not be wondering how well they actually perform. Look for deals on this board. With all these "fancy" new parts coming out, there are good deals on the tried and true old parts that will still go further than most people here are pushing. What's the point of a new Billet BB turbo and a huge front mount if the car is out of tune and running 12's? Impressive mod lists don't make the car fast.

Not "stirring the pot" or anything, but was the statement about blowing end tanks regarding the FMIC, SLIC, aluminum radiator, or all three??? Or was it maybe the F-body radiator I heard it about? I already have Mark Hueffman's aluminum radiator and I was considering the SLIC too (both items are the same ones GN1 sells), but while shopping for this stuff it seems I've heard this warning before...:confused:

Guess it is time for me to jump in here since MY name is now involved. I AM a supporting vendor of this board and have been for many years. As far as any end tanks "blowing up" not really sure what that was about or when it happened but know it hasn't been since I started offering these items. We have been a dealer for these parts for a year now and stand behind EVERYTHING we sell.

I started selling these products when a previous vendor was not delivering an item in a timely basis and did some shopping around for a new vendor so I could fulfill THAT order. This is how I happened upon the supplier being discussed. I then started carrying these items on my website to go along with the many other suppliers I sell parts for.

I am running the intercooler being discussed here and haven't had any issues with it. It fits perfectly, pipes are beautiful and if you blow the end tanks off of one of these you have some other serious issues. Just as a side note, we offer a one year warranty against manufacturer defects IF there are any issues which I am confident there won't be.

Any other questions or concerns, just email me if you want.

I know you are not stirring. I was referring to the one or two that always have to jump in...

Mark is an excellent vendor! I would say consider your goals vs cost...

It is what it is:)

I know you are not stirring.

I just added that part because at one point (after I bought the exhaust/dump pipe/downpipe with the crappy wastegate I ended up replacing with a Tial) you also thought I was a diehard GN1 supporter...:eek: :biggrin:

I just added that part because at one point (after I bought the exhaust/dump pipe/downpipe with the crappy wastegate I ended up replacing with a Tial) you also thought I was a diehard GN1 supporter...:eek: :biggrin:

O:eek: :biggrin:

Well there you go.... It is what it is:biggrin:

blown!!

You keep stirring the pot like this and you will be two minutes from GONE!:wink:

I looked but can't find it, any links. Thanks

Guess it is time for me to jump in here since MY name is now involved. I AM a supporting vendor of this board and have been for many years. As far as any end tanks "blowing up" not really sure what that was about or when it happened but know it hasn't been since I started offering these items. We have been a dealer for these parts for a year now and stand behind EVERYTHING we sell.

I started selling these products when a previous vendor was not delivering an item in a timely basis and did some shopping around for a new vendor so I could fulfill THAT order. This is how I happened upon the supplier being discussed. I then started carrying these items on my website to go along with the many other suppliers I sell parts for.

I am running the intercooler being discussed here and haven't had any issues with it. It fits perfectly, pipes are beautiful and if you blow the end tanks off of one of these you have some other serious issues. Just as a side note, we offer a one year warranty against manufacturer defects IF there are any issues which I am confident there won't be.

Any other questions or concerns, just email me if you want.

Also wanted to let you know I wasn't bringing up your name in a bad way. You've given me great service, and I don't doubt you'd stand behind whatever you sell. I've had really good luck with the radiator I got from you. I just got done telling somebody in another thread that my temps stay in the mid 150s-low 160s all the time with the stock electric fan and 160 degree thermostat. I'm really happy with that purchase.

I looked but can't find it, any links. Thanks

37194d1195170575-new-stock-location-intercooler-just-came-gn-1-performance.jpg

:eek: Thanks for sharing that Shane. What radiator was it that people were having trouble with? I seem to recall a radiator that had end tanks separating from the core, and I thought you were a part of that discussion too. Was it the F-body radiator???:confused:

:eek: Thanks for sharing that Shane. What radiator was it that people were having trouble with? I seem to recall a radiator that had end tanks separating from the core, and I thought you were a part of that discussion too. Was it the F-body radiator???:confused:

Sure was!!! I haven't got pics of one but have heard many stories of it... I know of one personally came off a LT1 N/A car that blew:eek: It was the Autozone Advance type stuff!

Where's the corresponding thread on this? That isn't the Super Extreme IC that's for sure.
What's the who, what, where and when on that piece??

Here is a pic of the SE end tank looks like.

Attachments

• SEFMICSIDE.jpg
    SEFMICSIDE.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 567