GNX 258 passed away @ BPG Ohio

put it in front of a school and put a sign on it that reads "drunk driving doesn't pay"

Anythings rebuildable, but to get this one perfect again, wouldn't you pretty much have to scrap another gn? and, or, put a frame and body from a regular regal on it?

put it in front of a school and put a sign on it that reads "drunk driving doesn't pay"

Anythings rebuildable, but to get this one perfect again, wouldn't you pretty much have to scrap another gn? and, or, put a frame and body from a regular regal on it?

It would need re-bodied, or at the very least re-framed. But no one would ever do that. It's illegal (nudge, nudge, wink, wink).

Jim

you can def fix the car !!!! give a front section of frame (don't replace the whole frame ) , a nose, and a roof and a good shop could do that NO problem !! :cool: no way the car isn't goin to be fixed :cool:

It would need re-bodied, or at the very least re-framed. But no one would ever do that. It's illegal (nudge, nudge, wink, wink).

Jim

re-bodied is a clean name for tag job. i would never go for a re-body :mad:

but get a new Sawsall and 2 packs of new blades and its on Baby.:biggrin:

re-bodied is a clean name for tag job. i would never go for a re-body :mad:

Grumpy may be right. If you pull on anything hard enough it will pop back out. Depends on how much the original body and frame are worth to you. Mine was a total, but just the rear frame extensions needed tugged on. New 1/4s and it was good as new. Everything lines up nice. That one will be a challenge for someone to straighten out.

Jim

you can def fix the car !!!! give a front section of frame (don't replace the whole frame ) , a nose, and a roof and a good shop could do that NO problem !! :cool: no way the car isn't goin to be fixed :cool:

thats my thoughts 100% the car will repair. a good pull on a frame machine put a front frame section in her and pull the cowl . i bet the roof will repair once its pulled ? i have fixed a lot worse . car just looks real bad ,with all the sheet metal off and a good pull it will look like a diff car :D

I picked this car up on Friday night... I owned this car a few years ago, funny how things come back around... :cool:

This car would make for a great donor... ;)

K.

I almost bought an 85 gn that looked like that, except the damage was in the back. the framerails nearly touched the back tires. Guess what? Saw that same car earlier this summer-driving down the street:eek: I say strip her down, get it on a frame machine and put it back together. Why let one more GNX or Turbo Buick go to the crusher?

Sully said they are rebuilding car. I would too... Just glad he is okay!

wow thats going to be a PITA to fix. But if you want it fixed all its going to take is time and money.

Whats the problem? Thats nothing a little rubbing compound and a Zaino job couldn't fix. And a little upolstery cleaner will remove that sstain out of the driver's seat as well.

Wow

Seeing those pics of that GNX make me sick to my stomach:eek: :( Glad to hear Sully's dad was not seriously injured or worse though cause in the end cars can be replaced, people on the other hand can NOT!

As Grumpy said, this car can definitely be rebuilt just give it to a good shop.... Several years ago I was in a pretty nasty accident in my dad's first GN (we got ran off the road by an SUV ended up jumping a curb going over bushes and hitting a parked mini van that went thru a wall and into a pool):eek:... Anyways, as you can imagine my dad's GN looked a lot like this GNX and several months later after the insurance company totaled the car and paid off my dad he got a call from a guy up in Maine that came down here purchased the car and ended up having a shop up there rebuild it!

More pictures ...I'm glad he is Ok...:)

Attachments

• gnx 258 1.JPG
    gnx 258 1.JPG
    27.5 KB · Views: 2,100
  • gnx 2582.JPG
    gnx 2582.JPG
    35.6 KB · Views: 2,347
  • gnx 258 3.JPG
    gnx 258 3.JPG
    23.2 KB · Views: 2,229
  • gnx 258 4.JPG
    gnx 258 4.JPG
    23.6 KB · Views: 2,030
  • gnx 258 5.JPG
    gnx 258 5.JPG
    22.7 KB · Views: 2,098
Fixing that car the "easy way" has just been hampered by the "power of the internet"...ie posting the number of the car and posting pictures.:rolleyes:

The secret to doing illegal stuff is to KEEP IT SECRET.

I saw the GNX on Friday night and thought to myself that it was a huge risk to race one of those. Then I saw it on Saturday after the crash. I'm an insurance adjuster and I don't think it would be an issue to repair it. A car is only a total when the cost of repairs exceeds the value. I'd like to see the car again once it's torn down and had a few pulls on the frame rack.

BTW, it's not illegal to change frames. It's done all the time. A crushed frame isn't going to stop a $40k truck from being repairable. It's labor intensive, but frames are replaced everyday. VIN tags can also be changed legally, however, the laws and process varies from state to state. Just as in the frame, if a high dollar car takes a hit to the left A pillar and cowl area, it won't total just because it effects the VIN plate.

And don't bother reporting a claim like this to your insurance company. All they will do is deny your claim and maybe raise your rates due to your increased risk to insure.

Wounded but far from dead

Yes 258 got a little scratched up this weekend but I can assure you that she will roll once again. For those that don't know, it had a fire in the engine compartment that we restored it back from once already. The important thing is that pops is ok.

He went through the traps at 135 then went for the brakes and the powermaster locked the pedal up solid.

In response to some of the posts here. The damage to the steering wheel was caused by dad holding onto it during he impact. The brake pedal is fairly bent up as well from where he as standing on that.

The car went 9.92@137 at BG this year.

It's not for sale. It will be fixed as good as new. The original GNX motor, IC etc are on an engine stand in the garage.

Finally to everyone that came by, emailed and called checking on my dad thank you for your thoughts.

Sully

first off- i can respect using a car like that for what it was built to do.
second off, i have to ask- haw crazy do you have to be to modify such a rare car and put it in danger of having something like this happen?
rebuilding it should be easy- there were millions of G body parts cars built, and at least half of them are still in the junkyards waiting for their parts to be used. and the rebuild will be way less involved than the ZL1 Camaro that got "restored" a few years back by grafting the firewall from the car onto a rust free donor body shell and then bolting the original engine into it...
i've always said that when i win the lottery, i'm gonna head to Barrett Jackson and buy me a rare musclecar- i'm thinking LS6 Chevelle, or maybe anything with a Hemi- and do donuts in the parking lot until either a tire or the engine blows..
but i'm weird like that..