You can type here any text you want

GNX Mine Quiz

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

X Ray

The GNX changed my life!
TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
Happy Holidays
Here’s a little something to get you thinking over the holiday week-end. What FMVSS requirement is not met on the GNX:eek: ? Yes there is a Federal Motor Vehicles Safety Standard that was overlooked in the making of the vehicle. Can you figure out:confused: what it is …….If no one comes up with the answer I will post it on 1/1/08. Good luck.

If someone comes up with the answer I will give them a set of Lock Pillar Reinforcements.

FMVSS 210 SEAT BELT ASSEMBLY ANCHORAGES

Maybe... but that isn't just specifically for the X.

No that not it....thank for trying....:smile:

I'm gonna take a guess and say "Standard No. 110 - Tire Selection and Rims - Passenger Cars, Non-Pneumatic Spare Tire Assemblies for Use on Passenger Cars" I dont know if they relabled the car when they changed the rim and tires.

Funny, I was thing the tire sticker or supplement to the size and inflation, and load limits. But I think I will look into this.

Or did they forget to crash test one?:( What a thought.

The vehicles did have a gas guzzler tax, did the engine not meet safety standards or was not tested?

Safety of wider tires/ rims on a modified body structure - the rear quarter panels of the GNX that were modified?

Frank

The frame was modified in the rear for the suspension. Bars and mounts where welded in that changed the structure of the frame. It changed the way the car reacted in a crash. Am I right?

The Winner Is....

Funny, I was thing the tire sticker or supplement to the size and inflation, and load limits. But I think I will look into this.

Or did they forget to crash test one?:( What a thought.

And the winner is turbo6tech84 and boostingbuick base on both of there answers.....:biggrin: ......when the vehicle was modified the sticker was never changed with the corrected information.:eek: With the new tires sizes the label should have been changed to have corrected information, also including the new load limits and tire pressure information. But he tire pressures are the same for the GNX and the GN. PM me and I will send you the lock pillar reinforcements.
Thanks everyone for there guesses. Regard Rick

Yes you both won.....congratulations.

The lock pillar reinforcement is 2mm thick steel designed to give your door pin additional support. It prevents cracking at the striker area by supporting the spot welds that hold the cage nut that secures the door striker. These spot welds can crack :eek: creating rust in this area and in many cases work hardens the metal creating cracks at the lock pillar.
This lock pillar reinforcement come power coated black and shaped to look like it come off the factory. (GM actually had a recall on another model the Somerset back in 85 for having a similar problem, there solution was similar to what this reinforcement does today.)
The reinforcement measures approximately 4”X 5” and is sold as a pair and very easy to install.
Can be used on RWD G body vehicles such as Buick Grand National 84-87, Buick Regal 82-87, Chevrolet El Camino 82-87, Malibu 82-83 , Monte Carlo 82-87, , Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme 82-87, Hurst / Olds 83-84 ,Oldsmobile 442 85-87, Pontiac Grand Prix 83-87 and Pontiac Grand LeMans 82-83. I sell them on e- bay from time to time and to Kirban Performance.:)

Attachments

• lpr.jpg
    lpr.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 418
Good info to know, I should check my doors for any damage since I dont have that installed on my GN. Thanks for the explanation.

Thanks man. This one thing I was going to get but never got around to getting them. Now say that five times fast.

These reinforcements really do work! Thanks to X Ray for producing them. I got mine from Kirbans years ago as my lock pillar was starting to crack on the driver's side. No need for welding, I just bolted them in using new striker bolts. Still as solid as Sears/K-Mart. :tongue:

Back