You can type here any text you want

Going DSE 2" drop which upper BallJoint to use?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbo96max

Hello Guys,

Im getting ready to install the front dse spring and shocks, with gbody tubular upper control arms and stock lowers. What upper balljoint should i use, and if possible what part number?

I have the oem upper balljoint new but seems i need a taller unit from what im reading..

thanks

Since you're using dropped springs a taller ball joint on the bottom will lower it even more but a taller one on the top won't change the ride height.;) Any increase in spindle height will improve the camber curve which will help the car to handle better but since you're dropping the car 2" the use of the taller ball joint on the bottom will drop it either 1/2" or 1" more and that might just be more than you want.

Since you're using dropped springs a taller ball joint on the bottom will lower it even more but a taller one on the top won't change the ride height.;) Any increase in spindle height will improve the camber curve which will help the car to handle better but since you're dropping the car 2" the use of the taller ball joint on the bottom will drop it either 1/2" or 1" more and that might just be more than you want.

I stand corrected :)

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

so no point in a taller upper? as far as perf gains?

so no point in a taller upper? as far as perf gains?
No, the taller upper will help with the camber curve which will help handling.;) The taller lower will drop the car further down but that may be what you're wanting.

I would use the Stock ball joints on both upper & lower! But not too sure what or if the g-body A-arms correct any geometry issues like the DSE or Ridetch a-arms do...

Go with the tall ball joints on the upper, charlie is right on the money. A-arms don't adjust camber curves (despite what some claim). They are good for altering static alignment. You have to make the spindles taller to get real change, the taller ball joints do that. I know on some models it helps with bumpsteer too, not sure if thats the same on gbody's or not

No, the taller upper will help with the camber curve which will help handling.;) The taller lower will drop the car further down but that may be what you're wanting.

so taller upper wont affect drop.. any clue of the part # or url where i can find the correct part ?
not sure i want to lower more than 2".

this is w the dse rear, and just heated the fronts to where i liked it (didnt want to drive with the rear lower than the front ) i like the look, im hoping the dse 2" front drop will look similar.

Scot, any thoughts? will it look about there or maybe i need to go w a slightly taller lower balljoint too?

If you go to speedway motors they've got the ball joints to change the upper to a taller one. I'll look it up later if you don't find it.;)

so taller upper wont affect drop.. any clue of the part # or url where i can find the correct part ?
not sure i want to lower more than 2".

this is w the dse rear, and just heated the fronts to where i liked it (didnt want to drive with the rear lower than the front ) i like the look, im hoping the dse 2" front drop will look similar.

Scot, any thoughts? will it look about there or maybe i need to go w a slightly taller lower balljoint too?
It's hard to say where the DSE fronts will put the car compared to the heated front springs. Honestly the best way to find out is to install the DSE front coil springs if you already have them and see where it sits.

Back