You can type here any text you want

Good Cam

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Loswages05

What's a good non roller can to run with good power and nice sound doing my head gaskets so fig I put a cam in to

Caote="SCOOBY DOO, post: 3408729, member: 22963"]Nice and quiet with NOS GM lifters.[/quote]
Are gm lifters still available?

Caote="SCOOBY DOO, post: 3408729, member: 22963"]Nice and quiet with NOS GM lifters.
Are gm lifters still available?[/quote]

You'd be surprised what people have stored away over the years.

Nice and quiet.......what is that????? LOL
My roller is quiet for a roller but not like stock.....

Bryan

I've run Comp Cams lifters in the past...and they're incredibly noisy...compared to the GM's.

T/A still offers FT lifters. I use an Erson 208/208 that is a lazy grind good for longevity. Stay at 100lb or less springs and Bob's your uncle.

A "good flat tappet cam" belongs in a museum, not an engine.

The risk just isn't worth it. For the little bit you save not going roller the check is just too too nasty when you have to replace engines, turbos, coolers, etc....

May also look into having the cam cryoed for durability .. 300below.com is one option

A "good flat tappet cam" belongs in a museum, not an engine.

The risk just isn't worth it. For the little bit you save not going roller the check is just too too nasty when you have to replace engines, turbos, coolers, etc....

And I thought you of all folks would appreciate the "cheap bastardness" of a good flat tappet cam. I'm fast on a budget!

Im sure there are many, many flat tappet cams still out there that are doing well and going fast. I had the money at the time so I went roller.

Bryan

Im sure there are many, many flat tappet cams still out there that are doing well and going fast. I had the money at the time so I went roller.

Bryan
Ya I plan on doing a new eng on the stand first of the year I just pop a head gasket and doing them so I was like maybe I'll put a cam in and do springs and valve seals want to run the car as I'm doing a nicer eng

Back