good place for downpipe?

Madmustard

So they dont make Th ones anymore,been waiting for rjc for a month(was calling before placed on backorder list) so who else sells these that are a nice piece.?

Car has been apart for over a month now and want to drive it.

It is a nice pipe,but it does get close to that inner fender and I had it actually melt it a bit on my T. For that reason mine is gone.:)

There is a bolt under the inner fender well. If you pull the inner fender well out towards the outer fender you have plenty of clearance.
Over time the bolt with the large washer loosens up. The plastic inner fender spreads.

It is a nice pipe,but it does get close to that inner fender and I had it actually melt it a bit on my T. For that reason mine is gone.:)

Yeah i said the same thing to brian at Gbody but he told me about that bolt that holds the fender and mine was loose. So should fit good now...

I just got my DP from Gbody here in Canada the other day. I did a dry fit last night and it looks like it will fit great! Just have to get the cat cut off ( I know it unbolts but I want a seamless pipe to the mufflers) and get a new 3" to 2 1/2" pipe welded on as soon as the turbo shows up. Can't wait to see what the ol girl will do after her new makeover :)

There is a bolt under the inner fender well. If you pull the inner fender well out towards the outer fender you have plenty of clearance.
Over time the bolt with the large washer loosens up. The plastic inner fender spreads.

Thanks for the info.

I have heard that the G-Body pipe is made overseas and the RJC pipe is made in USA..I dont know how true that is but I like to buy american

talking about a curve ball...

i thought this was a question about form-fit-function, manufacturing quality, quality of materials, and implicitly critically-important quality control.

country-of-origin can be a factor, but that's usually because of implied quality controls, or perhaps lack thereof in the context of off-shore knock-offs.

that's a whole 'nother can of worms...

having said that, I've bought stuff from both vendors (and a whole lot of others), and i'm a satisfied repeat customer.

and sometimes i buy tools from Snap-On, sometimes from Mac, and sometimes from Harbor Freight. it all depends.

I heard that your pipe is made overseas and RJC pipe is made right here in America..Is that true?

As a "new kid", you need to verify your sources from where you "hear" your information before you make it public- the G Body downpipe IS made in the USA. :(