GP on Baer Tracker frt upgrade

TEST MY 6

GP on Baer Tracker frt ( Rick Elam help!!)

I got a price of around 1,300 the other day and was thinking maybe we can get a gp going on the Tracker system with 13" rotors and dual piston calipers zinc dipped and slotted. Cmon RICK help a couple of brothers out:)

Me too, I'm not too smart. ;)

It's only money..... :D

GN needs some braking help, and I guess some new rims. :cool:

or maybe a weld 15" pro star xp like i just bought with a much larger brake clearance.

Cmon nobody wants to stop on a dime:confused: I know it's alot of money but maybe we can get a deal on the kits.Looks like 3 so far

Are your guys brakes really that bad? I redid mine with just stock stuff and my car stops great. Am i just a lucky mofo?

Scott

Then your not driving your car hard enough ;) In all seriousness my GN is not my daily driver but when I switch back and forth between my cars the brakes on the GN are just blaaahh

I drive every day, and only drive the Tahoe every once in a while. I dont really notice a difference. The only thing i hate is the occasional instance the pedal gets hard, but a new accumultaor fixed that.

Scott

I drive mine everyday and the brakes suck and are maintained pretty well. The GN will have the upgrades. :)

Too late for salvageV6 although I did give here the braided Russell lines. :cool:

I like good tires and brakes for daily driving.

I'm in for upping my brakes, but want to stay with the Weld ProStar that I have. So I guess the 13" rotors are out. If anyone would like to set up a GP for say the 4 piston Wilwood kit that will fit most 15", I'm in if I can pull together some $$$$.

Jason

Ok anyone intrested should first go to the baer website and download a template to check for correct wheel clearance,Next contact Jack Cotton at cottonsperformance.com we need a min order of 4 tracker kits to get any type of discount as per Rick Elam (Nice guy by the way spoke with him today at Baer and went over a few details )Next you must decide your spindle set up -Stock height spindle,B-body drop spindle or "Belltech" type drop spindle ,I will be choosing the belltech type spindle due to the fact that I am using them now and suffer no bump steer problems as I have heard with the b-body spindles.I plan on putting an order in by the end of the week so if intrested lets do it!!:D

I have that kit on my car. If you want to stop, you will not be disappointed. Very good peddle feel and almost fade proof. I run the stock PM with 13"baer's in the front and 12" in the rear. PBR 2 pistons for calipers. Great upgrade in my opinion. If you have a fast car you should have brakes to match. I don't know about fitting 15's or even 16's for that matter. It would be a sqeeze. I run 17's.

I'm definitely interested. I talked w/Rick via e-mail about a month ago about getting the B-body spindle set-up. Now, I guess I need to decide on what rotor options I want. ;-)

Any idea of how much of a discount we are looking at?

Thanks for your efforts in putting this together!

Dave

True Look quick but I wasnt sure if I was allowed to post this there.----> Dave Im not sure about how much discount yet but follow the instructions a few posts up by me ,all we need is 4 according to Rick to get this thing started and we must purchase them through cotton's performance . I will be speaking to Jack tommorow and will hopefully have more info. Also as JerseyGN noted decide on rotor options such as slotted,drilled or zinc dipped . A two piece rotor is available at Extra cost . There are also caliper finish options such as polished or powder coated. Try to decide on your options before calling Jack at cotton's performance .

salvageV6,
The kit comes with rotors attached to modifyied stock spindles (you may have already known that). All you have to do is pop the spindle/rotor assy on, mount the caliper bracket, put on the lines....bleed and enjoy! My kit was the G-body spindles. You can order it taller spindles from other body types too if you want to run different upper control arms.

HTH.