GP on Baer Tracker frt upgrade

Gotcha Jeff, I just didn't know if you had to use the Belltechs with the 13" system or if the modified stockers would work.

Sounds like they do. :)

Decisions, decisions.....

I have a Baer catalog and the front track kit is listed at $1095. Why were you quoted at $1300? If the group discount is worth while, count me in:
- B-body spindle
- Crossdrill, slot, zinc washed rotors
- Black powdercoat calipers

TEST MY 6, are you running Bell Tech G-body spindles or Bell Tech B-body spindles? How far did they lower your car? Rick Elam told me that using B-body spindles will drop your car 3/4". Another thing to think about is with the taller B-body spindle you'll get a negative camber curve which will greatly improve handling over the positive curve of the G-body spindle.

Im running the 2" drop belltech G-body spindles,The down side to the B-body spindles is bumpsteer, The price I got was for an outright purchase of new G-body drop spindles from Baer Although they offer an exchange service but it will leave your car down for weeks.

Ok GUys,

Just to touch base here, let me give my experience with the Baer Brakes. In a nutshell, they are awsome, I've been using the 12" kit, from, I believe 2-3 years ago, my car runs in excess of 140mph in the 1\4, I've made over 500 passes with these brakes and they still look like new and stop on a dime. My pads don't squeal, squeek, vibrate or anything else. Can't get much better of a test than what I've put them through. Are these comparable to Wilwoods...... nope, I'm not going to knock them, but I am certain there is no comparison in many areas.
Since I was asked to do this GP, I decided after speaking with Rick at Baer, it would be a good thing for the Buick guys, so here it is. As for the pricing, every kit is different, basically you can figure to save $100.00 per order. If you have any questions feel free to call me. The first 4 orders go in, after that we'll see how it goes.

Benny, call me asap, I have all the pricing ready.... Thanks

Yeah....what Jack said :)
Seriously, it's a great addition. I do have one negative comment for those of you considering buying the rear kit too. My 12" disc rear kit works great but makes a groaning noise that you would not believe when backing up. After talking to Rick ar Baer it seems that there is an additional $100 kit that will make the groan go away. It's made up of two dampeners and some hardware. I just about sh*t when I heard I had to spend more money on an already high dollar kit. It's sounds so bad you don't want to back out of any spot with people within 50ft. Embarrassing :mad: I have yet to buy the kit because I'm in formal protest.............as if that will get me anywhere. I'll probably belly up to the bar and buy it sometime in the not so distant future.

Well as of 5/9 we have 2 confirmed orders with Jack @ cotton's , We need at least 2 more orders to get the lathe turning over at Baer so if intrested call Jack at 413-789-0531 thanks:)

Sorry, I'm out. I made the mistake of telling my wife about the plans for the brakes. Looks like I'll have to wait until the fall.

Signed,
Whipped.:(

as of 10 minutes ago we are up to three orders.
One more and we can get the orders in.

When I spoke wih jack earlier he mentioned the rear kits were included also so I dont see why not but call him to make sure.

Sorry I meant the front 12" kit with the 1.1" rotors. One upgrade from the base serious street kit, should fit with the T wheels I believe. :)

I will email you soon Jack if I can figure out the options for that kit.

I am back from my trip to Charlotte... but I picked up a nasty cold.

This weekend I will get out the templates and pick a system to match some of my wheels.

I called Jack already and will try to get Rick Elam by email. :)

If number 4 is still needed I'll pick a system. :confused:

If not I'll still pick a system and be number 5. :cool:

TTT

Emailed my specs. to Jack today. :cool:

Hopefully he will get back to me with a price soon and hopefully the other 3 are still in?

:)

As per Jack orders have been faxed to Baer ,I would guess we should have them in about 3 weeks or so :)

Any word on the Baer GP order? I would have expected to see something by now. Has anybody talked to Jack? I also ordered a MAF pipe from Jack and haven't seen or heard anything. I've figured he was going to send everything together but now that it's been so long I figured I check with the crew and then give Jack a call

Thanks,

Dave

Hey Guys,

It is definatly not Jacks fault, but ours. We have have a lot of supply issues this summer with vendors and every time we think we get through it something else comes up. We have been waiting on a couple of components for the sysems, I am hoping they will be able to ship in about a week in a half.

Sorry about the delay guys!

Rick Elam
Baer Brake Systems