GP on Baer Tracker frt upgrade

Ok guys,

I know things are slow, but it would be my fault as I made 2 separate orders, the first 4 and the second 4 orders. Unfortunately Allens rear kit order fell into the second 4 sets I ordered, that would be the reason for the delay there. No biggie to install the frts while waiting as the amount of work involved doing the installs at different times is no more than maybe 5 minutes extra bleeding time.... :cool:

Hey guys,

Sorry for the delayed response, as usual we have been swamped here and I have been out sick.

Nobody worry, I am getting better! :)

Jack, don't take all the blame it is also our fault for being sooooo behind. The second batch of orders were entered in the computer late.

Everybody that is wondering what "batch" you are in, it is easy. All of the first batch were already shipped and recieved. As for the second "batch" we are currently waiting on parts. To be exact (right now) we are waiting on calipers. Because these were entered late, and in two seperate times we still have sometime left on these (I am guessing right now 2-3 weeks).

I will do my best to keep you guys informed, and as always sorry about the delays. We are getting there guys, I am sure you all will be happy when you finally get the product. It is worth the wait.

Thanks!
Rick Elam
Baer Brake Systems
RickE@Baer.com

Hey CopGN,

I have some test data we did with our Track/Touring system on a GN. Here are the results:

60-0

Stock Baer System
1) 141.03 122.54
2) 148.08 119.82
3) 154.20 119.37
4) 161.84 122.13
5) 173.72 199.49

100-0

1)480.03 386.97
2)512.00 378.68

This should give you an idea, it is a world of difference! The big thing you should notice is consistancy of our system compared to stock. Notice how the stock is fading (due to straight vaned rotors and cast iron caliper), while ours is real consistant (aluminum calipers, directionally vaned rotors).

Hope that helps!
Thanks
Rick Elam

I only ordered the front system. How much of a difference can I expect from your posted results using the 13" front track system and stock rear drums?

Hello,

the fronts literally do 75-80% of all the work, so most of the test data is due to the front brake upgrade. With a rear we can see an additional 7-10 ft improvement.

HTH
Thanks!
Rick Elam