GT 32-55 problems

dlin747

Anyone have problems with theirs yet....dad went south..ie lots of enplay after about 1000 miles and one and a half months use...had to send back to precision already...always had their turbo saver kit on it...ie oil filter relocation kit.....

Thanks,

does any one suspect that it may be related to our neglect to use blowoff valves on our cars?

the old school turbos we have been using for so long may have heavier duity parts (read HEAVY?) and the compressor slam on these newer turbos (which spool quicker so id asume some rotating componets might be lighter weight?) damages them much easier?

im no expert for sure, but could this possibly be a factor??

-evan

I've never seen that problem with a T-netics unit EVER! Best turbos out there in my opinion! Never had a BOV and never will.

BOV are for manual tranny cars. think, when you **** the pressure has to go somewhere, hence a BOV. the auto shifts fast enough where the pressure is minimal between shifts. IMHO that auto trannies are better for drag, you can consistently run the same time because the tranny should be shifting the same each time.

Originally posted by Russ Merritt
I've never seen that problem with a T-netics unit EVER! Best turbos out there in my opinion! Never had a BOV and never will.
Russ I second that!!!!!!

gt32

turbo is on its way back here....they said the thrust bearing went out...it was a 270 degree bearing which they said they are putting 360 bearings in it....kinda frustrating.....i love the turbo but damn 1000 miles is all she got if that...and almost all highway driving...