Had a conversation about Drifting today...

It's an insult to all sports to call drifting a sport. It's like the WWE of motor sports. It does take skill and is entertaining to watch...but it's not a sport.

On the other hand, where do you all think the new turbo technology is coming from that we are all enjoying? I tell you what...the billet wheel turbo wasn't invented, produced or marketed for us.

I'm fine with any motor sport, as long as something productive comes out of it. I'll even go as far as to say that the F&F movies have done more good for us than bad. At least it gets kids into cars. There seems to be a whole generation between ours and theirs that have no interest or knowledge about cars. Those wretched movies changed all of that....And look at all of the extra kills we get on the street now. :biggrin:

On the other hand, where do you all think the new turbo technology is coming from that we are all enjoying? I tell you what...the billet wheel turbo wasn't invented, produced or marketed for us. :biggrin:

i am positive its not from drifting.... turbo technology has been around for a while... it trickles down from the aeronautical industry,military and commercial fields....then finally hits the aftermarket... i visited my friends turbo shop and he had a billet turbo from an airplane circa 1960-70s ... fwiw

i am positive its not from drifting.... turbo technology has been around for a while... it trickles down from the aeronautical industry,military and commercial fields....then finally hits the aftermarket... i visited my friends turbo shop and he had a billet turbo from an airplane circa 1960-70s ... fwiw

I understand that. Aircraft manufactures have been using turbos, superchargers, and N2O since before WWII. What I am saying is that the import aftermarket is partially responsible for making the technology better, and more affordable. And for that, we all benefit.