Handguns?

buickboy92

Hi guys was wondering how many of you carried and own handguns i ve been looking into a S&W 686 3 inch barrel any opinions or info?

Guns

I carry and own a "few".;) My favorite is my Glock 30 (45 Cal) Looking to add to my collection soon. I need a .380 and a 9mm subcompact. I have a Glock 17 but want something smaller. Along with my CT carry permit I also have a Utah permit which allows me to legally carry in 33 states. I believe a FL permit allows 32 states. Mostly midwest and southern states.

got several that I carry myself....FN 5.7, XD40, Glock 23, Casull 454, and a few other plinkers. I carry the Idaho and Utah CC permits which allows me about 39 states at last check.

I am a gun junkie, my fav to carry is my springfield xd 40 sub-compact. I like the crossbreed holster for total consealment

Hi guys was wondering how many of you carried and own handguns i ve been looking into a S&W 686 3 inch barrel any opinions or info?

You can't go wrong with a S&W 686. I have an S&W 686 SSR with the 4" barrel and it has a very smooth trigger and is built like a tank to take those .357 full power loads. The 3" should work good for carry and should still be pretty accurate.

The 686 is a good concealable pistol. Packs a good punch with limited capacity. My choice is a Glock 30,26,or 27 which I carry as a secondary, backup or off duty. By the way the Great state of Maryland only recognizes their concealed permits only and they very rarely authorize them. So don't ride through on your way to a more liberal state. Penalty is very steep, minimum mandatory sentences and they are not flexible about it.

I didnt know certain permits let you carry in other states

yup, but you have to be careful with which do and which don't. It isn't across the board and there really is no rhymn or reason to it. reciprocity is the term by the way.

I carry a Springfield XD40 compact. Looking at getting a revolver when I get back from Cuba.

Very nice choice for CCW... Try to shoot one if possible before purchase to make sure it fits YOU...

I didnt know certain permits let you carry in other states

Some states share a multi permit, like 20+ I think. Luckily NC is one of them:biggrin:

You can't go wrong with a S&W 686. I have an S&W 686 SSR with the 4" barrel and it has a very smooth trigger and is built like a tank to take those .357 full power loads. The 3" should work good for carry and should still be pretty accurate.

Agreed...

Check out the new Kimber SOLO.It's a 9mm pocket pistol. I just ordered one for me and one for my wife.

I was thinking of picking up a KelTec P11 as an add on pocket piece, but haven't read any reviews yet. Anybody here got one?

Don't know why, guess she just likes that whizbang crap, the wife wants the new lasered Ruger LCP. For crying out loud, she can't even get her lil pinky on it! Gonna range test it this weekend before purchase.

I was thinking of picking up a KelTec P11 as an add on pocket piece, but haven't read any reviews yet. Anybody here got one?

Don't know why, guess she just likes that whizbang crap, the wife wants the new lasered Ruger LCP. For crying out loud, she can't even get her lil pinky on it! Gonna range test it this weekend before purchase.

Our customers that bought the KelTec p11 didn't like it... We sold the last one and don't plan to order anymore... I have not shot it though... For that price range check the tarus... The Smith & Wesson Body Gaurd is all over the LCP:biggrin:

Check out the new Kimber SOLO.It's a 9mm pocket pistol. I just ordered one for me and one for my wife.

Good choise. However it may take a little bit of time before you get it. I'm a firearms dealer in Florida and kimber is taking for ever to supply there guns. good luck with your search.

I'm considering..

I am a gun junkie, my fav to carry is my springfield xd 40 sub-compact. I like the crossbreed holster for total consealment

the Spfld XDM, in a .40 cal.
How well is the piece finished?
Are you happy w/How it performs?

Current piece is a Colt Det spl, bought nearly 30 yrs ago. Around the digs, the Mossberg Maverick should do just fine!

NP w/ a permit in our area. Applied on a fri afternoon, the judge's clerk called tues Am, to come get it!:biggrin:

Our customers that bought the KelTec p11 didn't like it... We sold the last one and don't plan to order anymore... I have not shot it though... For that price range check the tarus... The Smith & Wesson Body Gaurd is all over the LCP:biggrin:

I had not seen the Smith & Wesson before. Sure looks cool and I would assume much more comfortable in your hand than the Rugger. However it’s bigger in all directions and heavier.

I love my LCP for carry. I get grief that it’s too small but it’s so small I never leave without. Most of the times I forget I even have it. My wife jsut took the class for conceal so now I got to find her something or give up one of mine.

I'd like to pick up a Colt commander sized 1911 series 70. Currently have a 5 inch Colt 1991A1...