Handguns?

Very nice choice for CCW... Try to shoot one if possible before purchase to make sure it fits YOU...

I have shot one before it was a 6inch barrel do you think that will make a huge difference?

I have looked at a SSR $700 used but i can get a 686P which is 7 rounds instead of 6. for $609

The Ruger LC9 looks like it might be a winner. It's even got real sights.
I got rid of my LCP and carry my FNP40 now. It will be too bulky come springtime, so the LC9 may find its way home. Hopefully the trigger doesn't have a 60lb pull like the LCP.

If people didn't get freaked out so easily, I'd open carry....my AR15. :biggrin:

Very nice choice for CCW... Try to shoot one if possible before purchase to make sure it fits YOU...

I have shot one before it was a 6inch barrel do you think that will make a huge difference?

I have looked at a SSR $700 used but i can get a 686P which is 7 rounds instead of 6. for $609

I opted for the SSR because it felt better in my hands with the wood grips and allows you to get a higher hand-hold. Also, it is a Pro Series and has tuned action with some trigger work. The 686P should also be a great gun, only thing is being 7 rounds might be a little less material in between cylinders which might be something to consider. The 6" which will be more accurate and is more for hunting or a range gun.

I opted for the SSR because it felt better in my hands with the wood grips and allows you to get a higher hand-hold. Also, it is a Pro Series and has tuned action with some trigger work. The 686P should also be a great gun, only thing is being 7 rounds might be a little less material in between cylinders which might be something to consider. The 6" which will be more accurate and is more for hunting or a range gun.

yea i only shot the six inch cause thats the only smith 686 you could rent. I never did think about the material in the cylinder id probably get a 6 shot than. I do like the SSR grips i held one i would wanna put wood grips on this cause i just like the way they look

the Spfld XDM, in a .40 cal.
How well is the piece finished?
Are you happy w/How it performs?

Current piece is a Colt Det spl, bought nearly 30 yrs ago. Around the digs, the Mossberg Maverick should do just fine!

NP w/ a permit in our area. Applied on a fri afternoon, the judge's clerk called tues Am, to come get it!:biggrin:

THE xdM is really nice I like it but for daily carry I wouldnt suggest it., unless concealment is not an issue. that has a 4.5 inch barrel, I have the 4in service xd-40 and the 3 in sub. I prefer the sub for off duty but, the 4 in is nice for a side holster like the black hawk serpa. The next xd I will get is the xdm 45 then a nice custom sprifield 1911. Just depends on what you want to use it for taget, daily carry or exposed carry.

depending on what i'm wearing, i'll carry my glock 23 (first choice) or if its tighter fitting/warmer weather, the glock 26 (2nd choice). i almost bought the g27 bc i like the stopping power of the .40 over the 9mm, but follow up shots on teh baby .40 are nearly impossible. if i'm really going deep carry, i bought a sig p238 that literally fits in my pocket, no holster and even if i told you it was there you couldn't see it. only downside is the .380acp. i don't like to carry anything that doesn't start with a '4', but the way i figure it, carrying something is exponentially better than carrying nothing bc i couldn't conceal it.

i like that kimber solo! but i don't like the hammerless as well. my sig is SAO and i like the external hammer...

bottom line is shoot everything before you buy, and don't buy something to carry unless you'll carry it.. when you actually need it, a .380 in your pocket beats the hell out of a .44mag on your bedside table.

Yes it will be a difference. It will have more recoil and rise more when fired...

Don't let that money stand in the way of what you want, you will always regret not buying that one to start off with:p

Have you checked prices on Gunbroker?

S&W Titanium hammerless revolver is probably one of the best concealed carry guns. You can shoot it from your pocket if need be, no slide to get jammed.

My backup is a H&K USP45 Compact loaded with 235 grain hollow nose rounds.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

S&W Titanium hammerless revolver is probably one of the best concealed carry guns. You can shoot it from your pocket if need be, no slide to get jammed.

My backup is a H&K USP45 Compact loaded with 235 grain hollow nose rounds.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

I got a hammerless version, taking some getting used to for me;)

235's you ain't playing are you Billy:cool: Ever played with the 10mm round? That is my favorite heavy load...

I got a hammerless version, taking some getting used to for me;)

235's you ain't playing are you Billy:cool: Ever played with the 10mm round? That is my favorite heavy load...

My new favorite heavy is a Guncrafters Industry Model# 3 .50 GI.

"Because shooting twice, is silly."

www.guncraftersindustry.com/model3.shtml

Too many to mention here, but I'm a believer in a powerful round for CCW. .45 ACP, .357 Magnum or at the bare minimum a Hornady Critical Defense .380 as a BUG gun. My primary CCW is a Citadel 3.5" 1911 Officer with 7 +1 rds of those Critical Defense rds at the ready. My BUG gun is a Colt Mustang II Plus with 7+1 rds of .380.
Guns are like fast cars, you can never own just one.

I recommend going to a range that rents guns. Try a few out, most importantly, find out what fits you best. Then, do your homework pricing. Don't be trigger happy, or if you find a shop that will deal with you, ask around before commiting.

And lastly, take some CCW training or buy books and or DVDs as a minimum. Having a CCW license is a huge responsibility and is something that should never be taken lightly.

HTH

Patrick

I was thinking of picking up a KelTec P11 as an add on pocket piece, but haven't read any reviews yet. Anybody here got one?

Don't know why, guess she just likes that whizbang crap, the wife wants the new lasered Ruger LCP. For crying out loud, she can't even get her lil pinky on it! Gonna range test it this weekend before purchase.

I have a cwp an carry every day because of my line of work. The reason i chose the PF-9 is it the lightest and slimest 9mm made. I know other brands are better but i dont want to tote 4lbs in my pocket everywhere daily.

I don't carry, (SoCal), but I own and hand-load for 4 .45 autos and shoot several times a week:
1) Springfield Trophy Match, blue on blue, Terry Tussey reliability package & trigger job, owned since about '94 or so.
2) Les Baer Premier II, blue on blue, Terry Tussey reliability package & trigger job, owned since about '95 or so.
3) Jim Hoag custom long-slide, built on a early '70 series frame & slide, full package by Jim hoag, long-slide, hard chromed lower, blue upper, 20 LPI checkering on the front strap and the mainspring housing, 40 LPI serrations milled flat & sunken in on top of slide, 40 LPI checkering on rear of slide, Armand Swenson SS ambi safety & lengthened slide stop, full length guide rod, & trigger guard squared & checkered ala Jim Hoag style, target sights melted in.
4) Brand new Wilson Combat Classic Super Grade:
Wilson Combats' top dawg, all the bells & whistles. Not cheap.