How far have you gone with the stock feed line on E85?

srt4

Curious to see how much power or ET you have gone with the stock fuel line. Im running a -6 return and Walbro 450 80 lbs injectors. Everything else stock.

Not sure why my last thread was deleted on this subject, maybe this time the moderators will send a PM Instead of being a dick. yes I called you a dick, deleting longstanding members thread without mentioning cause seems to be an appropriate use of the term.

Like i posted on your last thread. Youll max out those 80s before anything else

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Like i posted on your last thread. Youll max out those 80s before anything else

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Yeah I'm not to far off from doing that on low boost. I'm gonna to try and bump the fuel pressure up just a bit and work on leaning it out. Hope I can find room to grow.

Yeah I'm not to far off from doing that on low boost. I'm gonna to try and bump the fuel pressure up just a bit and work on leaning it out. Hope I can find room to grow.

Be mindful when upping the fuel pressure to stay within a safe range of what your fuel pump can flow. Increasing the pressure on a fuel pump will decrease the flow due to mechanical tolerances, although increasing the pressure through an orifice(IE- your injectors) will increase flow as it is more-or-less a true orifice.

For a reference of what fuel pump and injectors are required for various levels of horsepower, here is a thread I wrote showing how to calculate your fuel needs, and a basic rundown of info at the end..

https://www.turbobuick.com/threads/...-fuel-pump-do-i-need-reference-thread.448837/

Also, if you are posting in a forum and asking for help, I would strongly recommend not calling the people in charge "dicks". I have learned it typically doesn't yield the best of results.

9.86@137 on stock lines, filter and rail with 83lbs injectora and 2 255lph pumps. The base pressure was 55. 83lbs injectors flow a lot more then the 80s. 80s are like 72lbs at 43.5 base pressure.

9.86@137 on stock lines, filter and rail with 83lbs injectora and 2 255lph pumps. The base pressure was 55. 83lbs injectors flow a lot more then the 80s. 80s are like 72lbs at 43.5 base pressure.

With stock lines and double pump at what psi would be a good time to have second pump come on .....

Is there a certain reason ppl want to run stock lines .its over working your fuel system , at higher pressures the actual flow rate decrease . I do rigging for a living so that would be the equivalent of me saying I'm going to lift that 1ton of weight with a 1 ton motor . It can do it but it's at its max weight capacity . So I would step it up to a 2 ton to not put strain on the system . Runing -8 -6 am lines isn't that hard and if u r pushing it now you know u aren't stopping now . It can be costly but not as costly as rebuilding a motor . Just my opinion .

Is there a certain reason ppl want to run stock lines .its over working your fuel system , at higher pressures the actual flow rate decrease . I do rigging for a living so that would be the equivalent of me saying I'm going to lift that 1ton of weight with a 1 ton motor . It can do it but it's at its max weight capacity . So I would step it up to a 2 ton to not put strain on the system . Runing -8 -6 am lines isn't that hard and if u r pushing it now you know u aren't stopping now . It can be costly but not as costly as rebuilding a motor . Just my opinion .

My guess is its the same reason as most- the initial cost to swap lines.

Figure if you go external pump, new filters, new lines, regulator, injectors...you're dropping a solid $1,500-$2,500 easy on the setup.

Iam looking at my goal of 550rwp on e85 and want a stockish look.... And if it can be done safely with stock lines I don't want all the big fuel lines ....iam new to e85 and all input is apriciated ... Combo is

6262 turbo
Champion irons
Precision slic
120lb injectors
Steel stock stroke crank
Sd2 chip
Power logger

I have a performance goal, If I can reach that safely with the stock lines I don't see the point in upgrading them at the extra cost. Yes running new -8 lines isn't terrible difficult, but that just one part, you'd have to address the pick up tube in the tank and then the pump to the pickup. The fuel rail and regulator, a whole fuel system is expensive and not always needed depending on what your doing.

I have a performance goal, If I can reach that safely with the stock lines I don't see the point in upgrading them at the extra cost. Yes running new -8 lines isn't terrible difficult, but that just one part, you'd have to address the pick up tube in the tank and then the pump to the pickup. The fuel rail and regulator, a whole fuel system is expensive and not always needed depending on what your doing.

128 with a full weight GN ... it was a beat to heck setup and old school parts .. IF I had more time and better track prep I am pretty sure I could have tickled 130 with the same setup.
This was on stock lines opened up

SORRY.........had to say it : I went to my aunt's house 323 miles each way without any problems......does this help???? LOL Seriously the pressure & return line are crucial!!!!!!

Use a double pumper and drill the return line orifices larger and you should be fine. Similar to what others have said in this thread. You'll take extra pressure drop in the system with stock lines, but if you overbuild the pump, it'll work. No it may not be ideal, and you may have excess fuel heating, but obviously that is not your agenda. You have enough injector.

I even built a setup that used the factory vent line (larger diameter) for the return line to the back of the car and that worked fine as well.

When thinking about the stock feed line,as it pertains to flow,you have to be aware of every aspect of it. The first thing you need to know is that the fuel filter is the most restrictive part of it. The second noteworthy aspect of the feed line is that there are 4 parts in the line that have a great reduction of their I.D.s. When you think about the line,don't think about the I.D. of the line. Think about the I.D. of the 4 Saginaw fittings. If you think about this,you can really appreciate how much fuel it flows. People have made well north of 1,000 hp. with gasoline with the stock un-altered feed line and the stock filter. You can talk theory all you want,but the fact is that it flows alot. Drilling the Saginaw fittings will allow for a substantial flow increase over their stock sizes. After drilling the Saginaw fittings you still have a feed line that has 4 restrictions in it. They're just not as restrictive as they were before you drilled them,but their I.D.s are still smaller than the line. The next big step in flow would occur if you switched to a -6 line. If you focus on the I.D.s of the unaltered Saginaw fittings,in the stock line,you can more easily see how a -6 line is a great improvement over a stock un-modified feed line. Most people who replace their feed lines don't need to and they certainly don't need a -8 line.

The return line only needs to be replaced if you run 1 big pump or 2 pumps constantly when the engine is using very little fuel.