HR rear suspension setup

Sorry if that got a little confusing there, haven't had time to put that step into the instructions permanantly vs the separate sheet add-on. The large OD flat washers should go between the lower axle brackets & the gold clamps for the poly. The idea is that the poly was designed for a 1-1/4" bar, but with the powdercoat being nice & thick (not just a quick cover coat like most others), it gets a bit tight on the poly when clamped tight. The washers take a little tension off there & let the bar move a little more freely. You could leave them out & probably still work ok, that is how we made the kits for the first year or so. The poly & the powdercoat is so smooth & with the grease there, it all moves pretty smooth even without the washers.

Now if you have the other smaller od flat washers in there, I would say you need to take them out & swap with the large OD washers. The smaller od flat washers should go on the bolts with the lock washers. That should go: bolt, lock washer, then small flat washer.

Enjoy!!!

I just need a double clairify I guess. I have installed what matches on the separate paper (bolt, lockwasher, small flat washer, gold bracket, large O.D. thin spacer washer, lower axle bracket, axle tube, upper axle bracket)

So the thick washer is the one not being used right? And everything else I should be good on? Unless I missed something in a different place. They are just in my axle tube bracket bag and I kind of installed half way then went back a coule days later to finish and can't remember I if put them in that bag to get them off the floor incorrectly or If they arent needed anymore.

So the thick washer is the one not being used right? And everything else I should be good on? Unless I missed something in a different place. They are just in my axle tube bracket bag and I kind of installed half way then went back a coule days later to finish and can't remember I if put them in that bag to get them off the floor incorrectly or If they arent needed anymore.

Sounds like you got all the parts in there correctly. If you had another washer that we use in some kits with a 9" housing and 3" axle tubes, it would have been approx 1" OD and 1/4" thick. We have to add those in because the bolts for the 9" apps only come in 1/2" increments, and with the 3" axle tube brackets, they are needed to take up space where the 3-1/4" tubes wouldn't need them. Don't want the bolts (in any application) to bottom out on where the threads stop. You want everything torqued up and a couple threads showing on the bolt before you get to the shank of the bolt. Otherwise it will FEEL tight, but the clamps won't actually be biting into the axle tubes.

Also, those other 4 flat head screws are yours, didn't come with our kit :)

I should have stated that I have the 9" rear with 3" axle tubes. And my four washers "approx 1" OD and 1/4" thick" are not installed. Where do these go?

I should have stated that I have the 9" rear with 3" axle tubes. And my four washers "approx 1" OD and 1/4" thick" are not installed. Where do these go?

Those should be needed on the bolts, right after the small thin flat washers.
so for that app, it goes:

Bolt - Lock washer - thin small flat washer - 1/4" thick flat washers - gold poly - large od thin flat spacer washers - lower axle clamps - upper axle clamps.

Check to see if you got the bolts bottomed out on the threads into the upper clamps. They would torque up tight since there are no more threads to go into the upper clamps, but that doesn't pull it all together tight enough to grip into the axle tubes properly. If you still see a couple threads on each bolt under the upper axle clamps (like could have threaded in more), then you are ok. My guess is you won't see any more threads available to go into the upper clamps & will need to take at least one bolt off each side & add the 1/4" washer. You might get lucky & only need one each side, everyone seems to have a slightly different deal going on for some reason. If you can email me a few pictures of the bolts going into the upper clamps & other views, I can tell you exactly what you need to do there.

PS- If anyone has an issue on install, no matter how big or small, I am ALWAYS avail by email to help out! Worst case you may have to send twice, I get a LOY of spam & other mail & might miss it the first time around.

Paul,
Does anyone make an aftermarket housing with raised upper mounting points that will accept internals (Moser axles, Auburn posi, etc) from my GN? If not, someone NEEDS to do this! See you at BG....I will be traveling with Clint.
Conrad