Hunters show your pictures.

chadly

It’s that time of year again that many of us live for. I’ve been out and shot ducks and a goose so far. My dog was flawless on the duck retrieves. He’s lots of fun to watch. I also went out bow/deer yesterday with a friend and we saw many deer. I had a little seven pointer about seven yards away and larger eight point about thirty five yards away. I bet he would have scored 130’s. I’m looking for something a little bigger so I let him walk. My buddy also let a 130’s ten pointer walk by. My wife will be muzzle loading the same woods in a few weeks and she will not be as selective.
What have you killed? Post some pictures. I will have some coming as the season gets going!
Check out this little buck my wife spotted from the wall mart parking lot tonight. This little bucks antler on the right side grew behind his ear and down around the side of his head.

Attachments

• deer.jpg
    deer.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 553
I wish I could say I have some pics or if I even will have any:rolleyes:,won't be going out here till mid November shotgun /rifle season.I wish I could say that I see the deer you have turned down!

Good Luck Chadly!

Iowa truly has the best whitetail hunting I've ever done! While living in Minnesota and Michigan I never seen the quality of deer that we pass on regularly here.

Haven't even planted plots yet :frown:

Luckily we can plant for about another three weeks and still make decent plots, time is not on my side this year. :mad:

oh yeah there's the matter of that 400 acre bean field next door :p

A little update from Iowa.

I’ve been out bow hunting three times and I’ve seen three bucks in the 130-145 range. I would really like a 150 or bigger so I’ve kept my arrows in the quiver. My wife went early muzzle loader this last weekend. I put her in the stand I had seen the three nice deer from knowing one of them or their brother would not make it through the weekend. I stayed back at the cabin with my daughter. She said about twelve deer passed in the first hour with a few small bucks. Then one a little bigger came and she said she just really wanted to shoot her gun. I’m not sure why she shot this deer and neither is she as she knew it was small but no regrets he is in the freezer now. This is the second to the smallest deer she has killed. She is usually really good about waiting for a big one. Anyway we were able to come early enough so I could go out and shoot some ducks with my dog! Oh and here is a buck I took a picture of from my truck waiting for my wife to come out of the woods.
Good luck and more pictures to come as season moves on!

Attachments

• 09.jpg
    09.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 452
  • P1080083.jpg
    P1080083.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 471
Back home on the WI family farm.

These days the only hunting we do is with a camera. This shot was taken from about 300 yards.

Attachments

• buck at farm.jpg
    buck at farm.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 450
Dave what kind a zoom do you have? Nice buck! We too take many photo's. Once you shoot the work begins.

Dave what kind a zoom do you have? Nice buck! We too take many photo's. Once you shoot the work begins.

I don't even remember anymore, that photo's a year old. I just grabbed my Daughter's camera and zoomed/shoot.

They are ALL OVER THE PLACE right now. I have seen atleast 20 deer in the past week just driving on the road!!! ---

I'm deploying a week prior to opening of Gun season, I'm out of the country right now so I missed all of Bow season. Now seeing this thread is making me realize it's going to be a long fall/winter...

I'm deploying a week prior to opening of Gun season, I'm out of the country right now so I missed all of Bow season. Now seeing this thread is making me realize it's going to be a long fall/winter...

I’m sorry you had to miss the season due to your work. My family and I pray for you and your family every night. We do appreciate your service.

This is the truth, better be eating that, if not, well, your a tool and less of a man. well thats in my eyes anyways.......

Wow! I did not reply to the first response as I couldn’t see someone being that ignorant. I was wrong, there are two. All hunters know rule #1 Safety, #2 Eat what you kill.

Wow! I did not reply to the first response as I couldn’t see someone being that ignorant. I was wrong, there are two. All hunters know rule #1 Safety, #2 Eat what you kill.

unless you are Dick Chenney cause eating your hunting buddy is illegal. Nice pictures guys. We have some small deer here in Akansas. I am from PA originally and i like me some northern deer.

I went out bow hunting last night. I saw 17 deer inthe first two hours then nothing the rest of the night other than turkeys. I saw six different bucks most were real little. I took this picture of the largest buck as layed down about fifty yards away for almost an hour.

Attachments

• what.jpg
    what.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 346