I bought a Supra and now it finally runs, and runs very well!

ChrisChow

I bought a Supra in unrunning condition. Little did I know what a pain it would be to hook up and fabricate coolant lines, electrical/sensor connections etc. Anywhoot it was all worth it in the end. When I initially fired her up, she was puffing black smoke and fouling plugs due to low voltage conditions (MoTeC and the coil-on-plug setup) hates anything under 11.5 volts.

Chow_poopra.jpg

PB130454.jpg

P3195946.jpg

Video of the motor at Kenny Duttweiler's dyno cell (he did all the motor work)

idle of my Supra motor - Video

And finally, videos from my garage...

My twin turbo Supra finally comes to life! - Video

And you gotta hear this thing from the back through the 4" oval exhaust out the muffler!

ChrisChow's Twin turbo Supra First Startup!!! - Video

Another TB guy that likes Supras :) . VWR intake ??? Damn those cams seem higher than the 280s :eek: Custom cams I suppose ??? What are ur expected ets ? Keep us posted & good luck with the new project.

Yup VW intake. I had them flowed and rebalanced by one of Duttweiler's head porters. He actually cut the manifold apart, re-ported, rewelded back to gether and re-ported.

They are the HKS 274's. I'm not really trying to make this into a drag car without much more $$ to spend on her. The car would need a roll cage, single piece driveshaft and upgrade to a Tilton clutch. If I can get away with a track outing, I'm hoping for high 9's at 150mph. However, it's a freeway car for now.

Another TB guy that likes Supras :) . VWR intake ??? Damn those cams seem higher than the 280s :eek: Custom cams I suppose ??? What are ur expected ets ? Keep us posted & good luck with the new project.

They are the HKS 274's. However, it's a freeway car for now.

Damn, they sound bumpier than 280s. Freeway car ?? Or did u mean Busa hunter ?? :eek: ;) :cool: Are u planning on running the fan shroud ? Remember to take ur camera to the freeway blasts !

That is a very nice twin turbo setup on the Supra Chris!:cool: So many of the higher HP MKIV Supras are converted over to the single turbo that it is actually rare that you see one like yours that has twins.

Should definitely be a highway monster and actually out on the West Coast don't they do a lot of the 1 mile blasts like out in Texas/Vegas?? I seem to remember seeing some vids of the Vipers/Supras running the full mile.

In any event, please get us some more video of the Supra whether you take it on the highway or down the strip!:smile: :biggrin:

wow the cars that are getting posted on this site now a days are just plain sick. one day i wish i can buy stuff like this.

Beautiful combo!!!!---What made you stick with twins?
Any pics of the rest of the car??

Geoff

Looks and sounds great!
I will have to check out how it feels soon!
Thanks for the call...

Looks awesome, going to class race it?

BTW, my son has the woolly mamouth episode of pinks on DVR and we watch it all the time. He thinks you are cool because I showed him your GN video's and then he sees you on pinks:biggrin:

Nice. I always thought a Supra would be a lot of fun but they're out of my league price-wise. They've held their value too well!

Looking at the comments on your vids are funny. You just can't escape the fame you've built up with that TT GN.

Jim

Nice! What size are the turbos...dual 67mm Q-trims? Sequential?

I don't think they're sequential, usually there's a rat's nest of vaccum lines associated with sequential setups. He should say definitive...

like them

I've wanted to learn more about them since I saw this video

Video - Supra vs Mustang Cobra

Modified Supra is a sick car to blast past an accelerating probably pullied Cobra like that. I like that video every time I watch it, flames out of the tailpipe :) and the guy saying "that thing is f..ing fast":) Then the Supra pulls hard on him at 160:eek: