You can type here any text you want

I want to drill a hole in my intake...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Royal-T-Ltd

...any tips, i assume use a center punch and a strong drill,

is there a preferred spot? i was looking at behind the upper plenum, centered - which is roughly 1.125"-1.25" from the top of the intake. It will be drilled for 3/8" NPT. Is this location and size okay or should i go with a smaller fitting?

thks - any input is appreciated as well as experiences.

aaron

What are you looking to do? Is this for vacuum brakes? Assuming you want to actually drill the doghouse not the intake manifold itself? This is what I recently did for mine. 3/8 NPT thread is what I used. Ran line under back of the coil.
vacblockfinished 004.jpg

Aaron, I have an intake that is already drilled and tapped, (2) 1/4" NPT and a 3/8" NPT. It was ported to a 1200 gasket by me. I just installed a Champion intake in May at Richard Clarks, when I was installing it Jason White was there and saw my home ported intake and said he would just put mine back on and sell the Champion. Let me know if you are interested. I live in Ofallon Mo so I am not far from you.

Bryan

Bryan, maybe if i wasnt already heavily "involved" with mine i would take you up on your offer........ for now, can you just post a pic of the ports to help a brother out.... i just wanna get an idea of where everyone is drilling.... i think i am set, just want to "measure twice - drill once ;)"

aaron

Thanks Bryan, thats exactly where i was thinking...appreciate it..... on a side note how did your ground block work out.... was there any notable difference or just "peace of mind"

aaron

The ground block is probably overkill, I surely did not need 6 gauge grounds but I had the wire here and just used it. I makes removing and installing the engine easier to deal with. I connected the wires that go to the back of the head together and extended them to the firewall. The ground block has a wire to the front of the head where the battery ground goes, a wire to each of the heads, a wire to the coil bracket and a wire that goes to the firewall. All I have to do is remove the firewall wire to pull the engine. The ground block was cheap and is just zip tied to the bracket.

Bryan

Since so many have Powerloggers,I wonder when someone is going to drill above and below a Powerplate to check for a pressure difference?

Just trying to help, before I drilled mine it helped me decide exactly where I should do it by looking at other members intakes.
Mike

Just trying to help, before I drilled mine it helped me decide exactly where I should do it by looking at other members intakes.
Mike

Mike,
thks i appreciate you posting a pic.....

....and if your cars not running its because your ignition module is unplugged...lol jk
aaron

Corn, mine is drilled in the back under the coil pack right in the center. Same as Bryan(phoneguy)

Start with a smaller sharp drill and step your way up ! Don't start with the exact size you need!!!!!

Start with a smaller sharp drill and step your way up ! Don't start with the exact size you need!!!!!
I just drilled and tapped the .700 spacer I installed under the dog house, drilled and tapped lower intake for air temp sensor (xfi car)

Back