Im Going to paint!!!!

Where did you purchase the front and rear fillers from?

The fronts are NOS from my local dealer. The rears were in a box in the trunk when i bought the car. Fiberglass from somebody. I bought a set from TR Parts on this board and gave both sets to my body guy and he said the fiberglass fit better and used them. The pics dont do it justice.. :eek: Thay look Fabulousssss!!!

What brand/color paint did you use? Base coat/clear or single stage?

I asked that and Monty ( the body guru) said PPG black black black ... 2 Gal. base, 2 gal clear. Factory Match on all the simi gloss trim paint , PPG also. The tail lights look new again... I couldnt beleave it when I saw it..

Looks great I need to get his contact info from you and see if he can do my GN.

Great work so far. I really like the work done on the bumpers....and I especially like that one piece rear filler. Kinda makes you wonder why no one from the aftermarket has ever done 'em like that before....that looks way better than the 2 piece versions.

Great work so far. I really like the work done on the bumpers....and I especially like that one piece rear filler. Kinda makes you wonder why no one from the aftermarket has ever done 'em like that before....that looks way better than the 2 piece versions.

Thanks. That was all Montys idea. I wanted the bumpers smoothed out and he said the fillers done as 1 piece is an option. I jumped all over it and I think its one of the best parts of the car.

I really like these threads showing progress. Good luck to you and it looks like you are going to have a gem on your hands.

The rear filler(s) and the bumpers look awesome. There are a couple of people on the board that have done that with the rear fillers. And there will be one more at the end of May :eek: :D
It just looks so smooth with the bumpers cleared and fillers connected, yet sort of subtle too.

May have it tomorow!!!

New pics of the car and 1 of my truck I wrecked. Both my rides are at Montys Body Shop. How much does that suck...:mad:

Attachments

• IMG_0027 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0027 (Small).JPG
    56.2 KB · Views: 425
  • IMG_0006 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0006 (Small).JPG
    60 KB · Views: 426
  • IMG_0007 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0007 (Small).JPG
    57.1 KB · Views: 414
  • IMG_0018 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0018 (Small).JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 413
  • IMG_0020 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0020 (Small).JPG
    31.6 KB · Views: 414
more pics

Here we go!!!

Attachments

• IMG_0023 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0023 (Small).JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 422
  • IMG_0028 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0028 (Small).JPG
    37.6 KB · Views: 417
  • IMG_0029 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0029 (Small).JPG
    30.1 KB · Views: 415
  • IMG_0033 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0033 (Small).JPG
    43.2 KB · Views: 425
  • IMG_0034 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0034 (Small).JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 410
more

more pics

Attachments

• IMG_0050 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0050 (Small).JPG
    51.9 KB · Views: 407
  • IMG_0052 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0052 (Small).JPG
    50.9 KB · Views: 417
  • IMG_0055 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0055 (Small).JPG
    42 KB · Views: 411
  • IMG_0061 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0061 (Small).JPG
    45 KB · Views: 404
I stoped taking pics early today decause my dad was taken to the hospital for a stomach problem. When I got back to the shop at around 3.30 pm or so thay had all the exterior panels and trim on the car. Anti rattle kits are in the windows, New seals all around , new ant installed, mirriors painted inside and out with new plastic spacers, new front turn sig lenses, New light bulbs (all),new dew strips (b72), GNX body bushing kit(all 14), ect...

I can say befor this the car has never been taken apart. not 1 piece has been off the car ever. It has no rust anywhere. It looks almost new. And before anyone tells me I need to, The purple window tint is going away this week or next. It will be the same color as the paint.:cool: 5 weeks or so the TT2s will be on it. 17x8 4.5 in bs with 555 245 45 17 front and 17x9.5 4.75 in bs with 555 275 40 17. ... Next year baer brakes on all 4s and so on and so on...

It just looks so smooth with the bumpers cleared and fillers connected, yet sort of subtle too.[/QUOTE]

I agree. It is the best part of the body work IMO.

Looks great make sure you get some good pics of it in the sun for us when its back together.