Interesting turbo/dyno test tonight= bigger isnt always better

This engine needs more ex flow and all the turbos are no doubt held by the heads. This engine needs more compression too. The dyno is the same as any other dynojet without a brake and would likely be within 1% if the air was the same. 470whp=122mph@3650lbs.[/QUOTE

Did u get those numbers from personal experience or an equation? What would 550whp at a race weight of 3750 be? (my car with champion heads/intake and roller)

Personal experience. 3 weeks ago i made 2 passes with lousy 1.8+ 60's and the car went 11.30's both times@122mph. It was 91* and the calculated altitude was about 3500'. Your car would likely go 128mph in the quarter. As far as the dyno is concerned about 6 years ago another dyno shop had a customer who was not happy with his dyno number and took it to another shop with the same dyno (another dynojet) and the car was still the same turd on the later one:rolleyes:. I think it was 2hp difference on a 350hp car.

Hmm..... it liked a little more compressor and a slightly tighter turbine... little less turbine weight and slightly more compressor... I think this is a good wheel match. the compromise is even.

the exhaust port is whats hurting.

26-27lbs is conservative boost... I bet if all work was done to the exhaust port and on the bowl it would really wake up in a tire frying way. then push it to 31lbs... see what happens when your doors blow back.

A.j.
The charge air temps on all pulls between last week and this week showed none of the compressor wheels mattered as far as charge air temps were concerned. 2 seconds into WOT the charge air temps on all pulls was within about 7*. Most of the time the temp was in the mid to high 70's. Even with the TA49. The journal 617676 trim with the Garrett.63 and the 6265 trim .63 Precision are so close as far as spool was concerned its almost not even worth mentioning. The 6265BB was slightly quicker on spoolup. The heads would need a lot more ex work to get the most out of them. They would need better flowing ex valves and a little more removed from the bowls and guides removed and possibly a little more squaring. The CR is very important when you have limited ex flow. 27psi is conservative for someone like me but this engine has stock mains and an unknown amount of time on it. It however is not conservative at all looking at the numbers and boost pressures others are posting here. Most never make it over 25 and they think they need more turbo :rolleyes:

are all this dyno tests on pump gas and alky? reading, reading , trying to master mind a combo for 500 rwhp. if any one with more knowledge than me wouldlike to help out feel free to pm me thanks :biggrin:

11.30's on a 1.8 60ft is an awesome street combo that will easily et most cars on the street.the faster cars need to leave with lots of boost and transbrakes which is unrealistic on the street.my 49 car would not go any faster at 27psi than it would at 25psi both 120mph at 3800lbs.

as good as the 49 is i think the ptrim with a 61 62mm compressor and a tight ex housing is a tough combo to beat on a stock to mild motor.

are all this dyno tests on pump gas and alky? reading, reading , trying to master mind a combo for 500 rwhp. if any one with more knowledge than me wouldlike to help out feel free to pm me thanks :biggrin:

All 93/alky. Old non progressive SMC on this car with a 15gph nozzle. Its getting a PAC soon though. It took 24* advance and 27-28psi in 55-60* air to make 500whp. With better heads it would be very easy with these other parts. Getting the converter right and the a/f ratio on target appears to be very difficult to most. This engine spends almost its whole time between 4900 and 5200 during a quarter pass. Probably more than 90% of it. Thats where the highest dyno reading s were too. A lot of guys are driving over their chitty converters and running the engine where its not as efficient. The 49 really sucked on this engine but the same turbo on a different engine made as much power as the 6265 did. You cant always predict accurately what you will get. I never would of thought it would lose that much with it.

as good as the 49 is i think the ptrim with a 61 62mm compressor and a tight ex housing is a tough combo to beat on a stock to mild motor.

It also shows that anything you can do to help ex flow on the stock headed combo will increase power a lot. Ive got less than $1000 into the longlblock and turbo here. It cost me $500 for the engine and about $400 for the turbo.

Id like to see a 3255 vs. a te44/ta49 at 28-30psi. That would settle a lot of internet BS. On paper the 3255 should stomp it everywhere but i doubt it would spool like a 44/49 with the old Garrett .63 on it and my 9.5" converter. Its amazing the difference that small ex housing makes for the butt dyno test. Its very noticeable to say the least but will not show much on a dyno. I havent been beaten on the street in this car yet except by a couple street bikes from a high roll. It wont run faster than 11.30's on the street either even though a couple of the victims cars reportedly ran much faster at the strip :rolleyes:.

I would love to see the 3255E tested as well. As far as spool with a .63 PTE hot side housing I could spool with the D5. Of course its stupid fast spool now with the PTC 26-2800 stall.

The 49 really sucked on this engine but the same turbo on a different engine made as much power as the 6265 did. You cant always predict accurately what you will get. I never would of thought it would lose that much with it.

Weird. I dynoed 384hp / 485tq@20psi with my 44 when my motor and converter were stock. that was with 116 in the tank and 26 degrees of timing though.

So what with this motor do you thin was limiting the TA-49? Too much converter? Too much cam? I know you are running a 212 cam, but I couldn't find where you said what stall you were at?

Weird. I dynoed 384hp / 485tq@20psi with my 44 when my motor and converter were stock. that was with 116 in the tank and 26 degrees of timing though.

So what with this motor do you thin was limiting the TA-49? Too much converter? Too much cam? I know you are running a 212 cam, but I couldn't find where you said what stall you were at?

The flash stall at full boost was likely way higher than this turbo wanted and this thing was at full boost before the pedal was to the floor. Keep in mind i run a 9.5" PTC that is made to produce the best quarter mile times not high dyno readings. A locked converter has in every instance shown higher whp on the dyno. It doesnt work that way in the quarter mile though. The other engine i mentioned had a 212 cam also. I believe the converter was locked for the testing.

I would love to see the 3255E tested as well. As far as spool with a .63 PTE hot side housing I could spool with the D5. Of course its stupid fast spool now with the PTC 26-2800 stall.

send it in. Il back to back it with a 49 and a .63 precision ex housing on it.

I currently have a GT6152e turbo on my stroker 109 with ported ta alum heads,strezo 214/214 530lift cam 1.65 roller rockers ported intake chinese headers(atr) xfi

I ran the car the other nite on pump gas 16 psi boost 22 degrees of timing i netted a 7.17 @96 with a 1.60 60ft. My car is heavy as hell too 3795 with me in it:biggrin:

I just ordered a 67hpq DBB billet do you think i screwed up?

I currently have a GT6152e turbo on my stroker 109 with ported ta alum heads,strezo 214/214 530lift cam 1.65 roller rockers ported intake chinese headers(atr) xfi

I ran the car the other nite on pump gas 16 psi boost 22 degrees of timing i netted a 7.17 @96 with a 1.60 60ft. My car is heavy as hell too 3795 with me in it:biggrin:

I just ordered a 67hpq DBB billet do you think i screwed up?

It will run the best over 25psi. If you dont plan on cranking it up and have a converter that will couple you will never know. You never posted your goals but id be looking for 9.50's if i were you.

Personal experience. 3 weeks ago i made 2 passes with lousy 1.8+ 60's and the car went 11.30's both times@122mph. It was 91* and the calculated altitude was about 3500'. Your car would likely go 128mph in the quarter. As far as the dyno is concerned about 6 years ago another dyno shop had a customer who was not happy with his dyno number and took it to another shop with the same dyno (another dynojet) and the car was still the same turd on the later one:rolleyes:. I think it was 2hp difference on a 350hp car.

So when will the .63 precision ex on my 6776dbb start to hurt me and wish I had the .83? Vig 3200 5 disc. Dual nozzle Alkycontrol. Champion ported irons and a full roller setup factory assembled short block

Like is it worth buying the bigger ex side? I still only have a 3pm dp although it ends after that into a e-cutout

The flash stall at full boost was likely way higher than this turbo wanted and this thing was at full boost before the pedal was to the floor. Keep in mind i run a 9.5" PTC that is made to produce the best quarter mile times not high dyno readings. A locked converter has in every instance shown higher whp on the dyno. It doesnt work that way in the quarter mile though. The other engine i mentioned had a 212 cam also. I believe the converter was locked for the testing.

What was your converter flashing at? I have a Vigilante 10.5" 5 disc set at 3200 stall. I'm crossing my fingers that it is not too high for my TE-44 with the Precision housing.

What was your converter flashing at? I have a Vigilante 10.5" 5 disc set at 3200 stall. I'm crossing my fingers that it is not too high for my TE-44 with the Precision housing.

I think it was around 4600@26psi with the 49. The other turbos flashed the converter to about 4900-5000. On the street the converter flashes to about 5100@28-29psi with the 6176. If i was building around the 44/49 id want it to flash around 4100 and shift around 4900. Just lock the vig and make sure the boost is high enough.

So when will the .63 precision ex on my 6776dbb start to hurt me and wish I had the .83? Vig 3200 5 disc. Dual nozzle Alkycontrol. Champion ported irons and a full roller setup factory assembled short block

Like is it worth buying the bigger ex side? I still only have a 3pm dp although it ends after that into a e-cutout
I doubt the larger housing is worth anything in 3 bolt config unless you are running 135+ in the quarter. A 3" dp is more than enough for a p trim. You will probably hit a boost limit before you can maximize the turbo.