Its Battle Time..Me vs 500 hp (Supposedly) RX7??

BASS

Ok guys, here is the situation. My x is seeing this idiot who has a 3rd gen RX7 (95 or 96) with supposedly over 500 hp. I know ill probably run into him at the tracks, and was wondering what kind of times this rx7 will probably do?? Right now, my car is pretty much stock, but im dropping in another motor right now as we speak, and I am putting (1) te-44, (2) front mount (3) 50 lb MSD's(4) alcy (about 25 psi), (5) TH downpipe (6) new cat-back exhaust and MAYBE ported champion heads. Now, I know these RX7's are not that reliable (rotary junk), but i bet he probably is pushing over 500 hp, as these cars are very light and have a good power to weight ratio. Im not too sure about the torque with those cars though.. Im thinking I should be runnin mid 11's with the above mods. What do you guys think the outcome will be?? I want to make him feel stupid trying to race me with his crakerjack matchbox car....

500 HP in an RX7 will go 10s with that power to weight ratio.
although 500 is alot, and unless this guys a high roler, i dont think he would have that much. :confused:

I am from NJ and now of several rotary powered cars being driven to the track, running 10's without skipping a beat and then driving home. I owned a rotary and dropping the clutch at 6500 was the norm.:D A lot of guys are running dual ball bearing turbos in the 86 mm range :eek: and getting them to spool fast.

500 hp in a 2900 lb car, you do the math. If he can drive worth a crap and is on any kind of tire at all, you're going to get beat up pretty bad.

Peter

KICK HIS ASS SEABASS!!!!!!

Sorry I always wanted to say that and this seemed like a good time......

Regardless of the outcome, it is important not to lose sight of who really has the better car. Even if he got that s***heap running 1200hp, it does not negate the fact that you drive an a$$-whoopin' colector's Regal and his car will never be anything but a g@y R-X7. My little brother drives a 2002 Mustang GT and he is a mechanic with plans of serious work, (NOS, etc.) but it's like I always tell him, 'Sure, you'll get that thing running faster than mine someday....but it'll still be a Mustang.'

Not what you're looking to hear, but my .02 :cool:

i wonder what my outcome would be

a typical build up 9 sec motor in a full weight car.

My car is 3100 with cage
I wonder if he'll run me heads up closed hood to closed hood for a little wager ;)

If you cant beat him, gather the boys and we'll go huntin wabbit.
Just bring some tequila :D

make sure when you look under his hood, to yank the wastegate hoses, he might beat you for the first 100 feet or so but lets just put it this way. parts of his engine will pass the line before you do.

I dunno. I never met the guy or seen his car yet, but im thinkin hes probably bsing. I wonder how much $$ he mustve dumped into that thing to get supposedly 500 hp. Even if he does have that much, that heap of rotary junk wont last too much longer (unless its a garage queen).

You will definately catch a beat down. Those mods you listed would probably get you to a 12.0 to 11.8 @ 112 to 114mph. You need to add a PTE63, adjustable fuel reg, good fuel pump, ported heads and intake, good flat tappet cam, good engine management, a decent stall conveter 3200 9", tranny work, C16, good slicks and a really good tune.
Don't race this guy to loose in front of your X's, thats worse then getting beat in the first place.;)

Ok here's my take on it...I think with a good tune, and a good launch, you could take him...Just don't go on the highway, he'll probably take your head of then.

He will most likely be in the 11's if he drives it there..... but some East Coast rotaries are pretty fast. You will definately need to out 60ft him and be running 116 and tuned to the edge.

My friend has a 10,000rpm ported 13B n/a motor in a 2300lb RX-3 that runs low 12's@113mph. Makes about 300hp.

Imagine what a 2670lb car with a 700hp Buick GN engine will do...... but it still is just an RX-7 ;) .

-GNX7

Originally posted by 86brick
KICK HIS ASS SEABASS!!!!!!

Sorry I always wanted to say that and this seemed like a good time......

That was extremely funny!!! The wife, daughter and I just happened to be watching that movie as I was reading the post. The timeing was impeccable!!

And as far as the thread is concerned. You can't polish a turd. LOL You definately have the better car. AMERICAN!!! I would say the chances of him having 500hp are slim. Snoop around and find out if he is stock or what he is running.
Better yet, run him, if you win no problem. If you loose, find a member with the same car yet a lot faster and make him put out some money. Then you save face, plus make some bucks!!! LOL

Let us know how you make out!

Matthew

Im gonna have to follow Blackbird's advice and watch him race at the track first, so I know my enemy before racing him....just have to wait a couple months now until the track opens.....

Yes watch him race first....

We have a RX7 here in Salt Lake that has put a whippen on a modifed Turbo TA...That was said to be running in the 11's ...