You can type here any text you want

just finished some front end stuff S10 brakes

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

austinibew145

I just finished a project on the front end of my 84 GN. This is the first time I have atempted to do suspension work. I changed out the upper and lower control arms (new bushings/ball joints). springs and shocks moog springs. I also did the S10 brake conversion. I havent had a chance to drive it yet, no turbo. I have a 6776 on the way. hear are some pics.

03-08-10_1717.jpg

03-08-10_1718.jpg

03-08-10_1719.jpg

03-08-10_1720.jpg

Looks like you did a good job with her. Congrats and hope your turbo come in soon so you can drive it.

DUDE!! Clean all that grease off that pig! :D Good job Austin, cant wait to see it on the ground! I'm sure it's going to handle much much much better with a new set of springs and bushings. It's amazing how badly our downpipes torch our upper control arm bushings.

I was happy to get it done. I would have taken More time to clean it but somebody has my power washer. I did have one problem... my rims don't quite fit now. good reason to buy new i Guss. I put my stock gn wheeles on and they fit good. so if any one might want some rims

calapers hit rim right where they bolt to hub its the way the rim is layed out. a 1/4 spacer will fix it. "don't tell the ol-lady"

calapers hit rim right where they bolt to hub its the way the rim is layed out. a 1/4 spacer will fix it. "don't tell the ol-lady"

;) i know where your heading with this LOL, i assume your name is austin by your tag but are you an electricican ( IEBW )? just curious...

sucks, yet another example that proves the s10 brake thread should be a sticky! not to mention the facts its contributed more then the 2 sticky threads combined. it has 25,000 plus veiws too!

congratz on the new setup! Looks good, a lil dirty but I bet performs like a champ!

sucks, yet another example that proves the s10 brake thread should be a sticky! not to mention the facts its contributed more then the 2 sticky threads combined. it has 25,000 plus veiws too!

congratz on the new setup! Looks good, a lil dirty but I bet performs like a champ!

I'll probibly get in trouble but what the heck.

Common sense, are you kidding? Take a look at the stickys in all the sections and see what you find. Click on the second link in my sig if you want a sticky for the B4Black section.:mad: The only possible mod for the draw though system and it has more vews than the only sticky there.:mad::eek:

what size rims are they? if you re gonna sell them give me first dibs on them. whats the backspacing?

I was happy to get it done. I would have taken More time to clean it but somebody has my power washer. I did have one problem... my rims don't quite fit now. good reason to buy new i Guss. I put my stock gn wheeles on and they fit good. so if any one might want some rims

Now who on Earth might have your power washer????!!!!!!!:biggrin: I'll see if I can fix it for you!:biggrin:

!st off u broke it, or so u say I had no problem with it. you just cant figure it out because it wasn't made by Buick. I may sell I am looking for some replacements and I need to clean them up they are aluminum. I will haaye to mesure back space and figure out what the front end with is.

I'm not a 100% sure if it ads to the width either. It could be easily measured for those who have them though.

those brakes should really help the car stop better- that extra 1/4" of radius will really increase the leverage that the pads apply to the rotor..

Back