Justin Gunn -AKA Justin84 Scam artist!!

Turbo F-bird

I'm very disappointed by my dealing with Justin84 and would like to vent a little. Now before you jump down my throat and say "he has an illness cut him some slack you jerk" just hear me out.

In early November I bought a pair of valve covers off him. He told everyone in his "for sale" post to be patient with him since he was sick and would be in and out of the hospital so I figured it might be a while. Two weeks later he had a console for sale that I was interested in so we made a deal where I'd swap him some Limited door panels for it. I hadn't received my valve covers at that time and was a little concerned because in that two weeks his communication was lacking but he was responding rapidly during our talk about the console/door panel swap so I figured I was just being overly suspicious.

So I waited a while for the console and valve covers but they never arrived. Around Christmas time I started emailing him consistently about my parts since I was concerned. He wasn't answering my emails or PM's though I'd see he had been on TB according to his profile page. Finally, in early January I told him I was very concerned and was going to post something here and file a paypal dispute because he wasn't responding and I didn't know what else to do.
He responded to that right away saying he was in the hospital, wasn't checking his email and was responding to me on his phone which was a pain to type on. He said his fiance checked emails everyday on his laptop and since TB was his home page that's why I'd see he had been there. He said I could post about him on TB if I felt the need, or he'd send me a refund since he felt bad about the time it was taking but he'd be home the next day and could send the parts if I still wanted them since they were boxed up in the back seat of his T-Type, ready to ship. I said I'd really rather settle it as quietly and quickly as possible so if he was going to be home the next day to just send the parts and I'd let the matter drop. I asked if he had family or friends who could handle these things for him since I felt bad hassling him in his condition. He said his neighbor was going to take care of it for him as a matter of fact.

A week later he emailed that the parts had been shipped, he'd thrown some extra stuff in the box to make up for the wait and he'd be home the next day to give me more info. That was it for a few more weeks. No parts arrived and he wasn't responding to my emails asking for a tracking number. Then I see he posted about a screeching noise in the engine of his Buick and I got a little pissed off. He has time to play with his car but can't send my parts or respond to my emails? I'm a nice guy and have a lot of patience but even I have a breaking point so enough was enough.

I contacted a moderator here on TB about the situation because I saw someone else had posted his bad experience with Justin and a bunch of guys had criticized him for not giving Justin a fair chance. I figured to ask what I had for recourse to avoid being vilified by Justin's buddies. So the moderator got in touch with Justin through alternate channels and Justin emailed he was in the hospital again, he had no idea what happened with the neighbor but his fiance would handle the parts for him. So I emailed his fiance and she responded right away and wanted to know details about the console, was it NOS, what color, etc. So I filled her in and apologized for putting her in this situation and explained I just wanted the parts and felt bad hassling Justin and now her about this stuff. She said she was working on it but wasn't sure what parts they were and she'd have to ask Justin to clarify, he was really sick, probably wouldn't make it through the year, etc. And that was it. No more replies from her, no parts, no nothing.

I had been in touch with the moderator and he was doing what he could but that was only so much. So I finally had enough a few weeks ago and emailed Justin and his fiance to say I had filed a paypal claim, I was going to post about my experience and was just giving him a heads up as a courtesy because unlike him I kept in touch with people I had dealings going on with. He didn't appreciate that and fired back that he had offered me a refund a while back but I declined and he asked if paypal was going to do anything for me. I reminded him I only declined because he said he'd be home the next day and would send my parts but now it was clearly more empty promises in a long line of empty promises. I also said paypal only disputes things within 45 days and since it had been closer to 60 days I was SOL and he probably knew that anyway. I then asked why his neighbor couldn't come through, his fiance couldn't find the parts and he couldn't ship them in 3 months time if they were all boxed up in the back seat of his car ready to go? He responded that I had no idea of what he's going through, he wouldn't be alive much longer and then I'd feel bad about giving him this grief. So I said if he was truly sick I felt really bad for him but there are plenty of people out there with illnesses who fulfill their obligations to people and that was the way men conduct business. I even said that it was clear there are plenty of guys on TB who came to his defense when the last guy posted about him so all he had to do was ask and someone would come by his house to get the parts boxed up and shipped so no one would need to hassle him. I even offered to have someone I knew come get the parts from him and I'd eat the shipping just to resolve this. Well he said I really needed to reread what I wrote and keep it in mind in a few months when he was gone and he wished I could spend 10 minutes feeling the way he feels. He said he had nothing else to say on the matter, I made my point so stop beating him up, I'd get my parts.

Right after that he posted his apology thread to the three guys he owes parts to (one of which is me) and swore they'd be taken care of, he was sorry, etc. Well that was two weeks ago and I still have no parts and he hasn't responded to emails this week asking for a tracking number.
There are a few details I left out because they're between him and the moderator and are not mine to divulge. Suffice it to say I've been patient, he's been dishonest and I have nothing to feel badly about. As I've told him many times I wish him no ill I just want the parts I paid and traded for in good faith. Just needed to get that off my chest.

I have read all the sick post & negative post. If your to effin sick stay off the damn computer and quit selling chit!! Then he pulls the sick and gonna die card:rolleyes: You will feel bad if this happens lol:rolleyes::rolleyes: Not me if i bought something and didnt receive it i would be sticking needles in his fat little voo doo doll!! Its karma!! Im tired of hearing people paying and not receiving. Its getting really old to where i will only buy new. Good luck with getting your stuff!!!!

I have read all the sick post & negative post. If your to effin sick stay off the damn computer and quit selling chit!! Then he pulls the sick and gonna die card:rolleyes:

I have been saying that all along to !!! sorry I don't want to hear excuses.. NO NEED for BS !! YOU GOT THE $$$$$ SEND THE DAMM PARTS !! Really simple.
... A few years back I had one of those years I spent more time in a hospital than I did home. I sold a set of GN seats .. Well that night things wern't goin good so I threw all the parts in a pile before I went to the hospital an Melissa came over with the wife an packed them up an shipped them THE NEXT DAY !! My first words when I saw them was "well did ya get my junk out" :biggrin:
Guess this is why ya have to have a "Feedback" section. :redface: I know he had problems with a car sale that went on for a long time !!! Hopefully Jason will get his GF or someone else an get the parts out to ya..

garage sale site

i see all the parts here for sale and then look at all the vendors here paying to sell theirs so when it comes down to it . if you cant trust the guy next door what makes you think you can trust one accross the country from you .. i think most of the guys selling parts every week are avoiding the fees just like shane said the risk is yours . you took it . deal with it sorry for your loss

I have been buying and selling on Buick site since they started the internet :biggrin: Back in the day I would send people THOUSANDS of dollars (bought a few motors and cars ) and never gave it a second thought. Today I try an search the people that I am thinking of buying from. Times are a changin as the song goes !! Oh when I sell a part it goes out that day if I get the $$$ before noon.. If not till afternoon it goes out the next day. I also provide GOOD pics NOT a drawing from a 3 year old kid :p

And if you cant ship send a refund. Takes 30 seconds on paypal :biggrin:

For what its worth I just dealt with Tony (Turbo F-bird) and he was an excellant person to have a transaction with. Sounds like he has gone above and beyond being understanding, exc. as have many others it appears. Good luck Tony, I hope it works out.

Maybe there is someone one here That knows Justin personally and lives close that can help you and him out. There has too be someone that lives close I would imagine? Seems like there are a lot of people on here that know him.

B-S artists

It sucks you cant trust people any more I have been in the auto business 28 plus years iits getting worst every year too bad the GN is probably one of the greatest cars built hats off to the honest vendors hope they stick around maybe we can weed out the ****!!!! Mike Lee 1987 GN with lots of goodies!!!:biggrin:

Maybe there is someone one here That knows Justin personally and lives close that can help you and him out. There has too be someone that lives close I would imagine? Seems like there are a lot of people on here that know him.

hopefully someone of his friends will do it BUT why hasn't Justin asked them already.:frown: I have done business with Tony for years. Never a problem. He doesn't deserve this BS. He is way more patient than I would be. :eek:
..Ya I remember the car fiasco he had goin to !! :redface: I don't like drama.. well maybe a little :p

excuses, excuses

Nobody here is heartless, if we get ill, sympathies go out. However, if you have even "one" friend or relative to lend assistance, there are "no" excuses!
A contract is a contract, written or verbal, get your **** together and fulfill your end of the deal Mr. Jason!:frown:

Nobody here is heartless, if we get ill, sympathies go out. However, if you have even "one" friend or relative to lend assistance, there are "no" excuses!
A contract is a contract, written or verbal, get your **** together and fulfill your end of the deal Mr. Jason!:frown:

Febuary 11th 2011 Justin is still trying to buy cars on a website but can't send money/parts out he owes here, Justin make it right..... with ALL the guys you owe here first, then pull your disappearing after your done. Look at the 13th post down in the link below :rolleyes:

---------------------------------------------------------------------

justingunn07 Says:

February 11th, 2011 at 10:54 am
So, did it sell? If not, without being a salesman tell me how much you are asking? This thing would look good in my garage (next to the T-type and G.N.).

Custom Mazda RX2 By: Cartel Customs BigIrv305 Part 2 | Tacoma Window Tint (253) 509-3327

Well he's probably just doing some window shopping from his hospital bed to make the time go by ;) Oh wait he doesn't go on the Internet his fiance does so that must be her:confused:

excuses, excuses

Sorry for typing the wrong name, Mr. Justin! Unfortunately, we "don't" have the ability to make corrections by editing our posts! I know, another cost cutting attempt to this site by deleting that function.:eek:

Febuary 11th 2011 Justin is still trying to buy cars on a website but can't send money/parts out he owes here, Justin make it right..... with ALL the guys you owe here first, then pull your disappearing after your done. Look at the 13th post down in the link below :rolleyes:

---------------------------------------------------------------------

justingunn07 Says:

February 11th, 2011 at 10:54 am
So, did it sell? If not, without being a salesman tell me how much you are asking? This thing would look good in my garage (next to the T-type and G.N.).

Custom Mazda RX2 By: Cartel Customs BigIrv305 Part 2 | Tacoma Window Tint (253) 509-3327

Oh he is planning for next life:rolleyes: I love dreamers!! This would look good next to T-Type & GN:rolleyes: Atleast throw a jet and train in your b.s. dreaming.

you got to be kidding me

I have been trying to give a "sick person" a break but that bull**** about buying another car has me sick.
Justin I paid you $180.00 Paypal in NOVEMBER for a part that your "wife broke" - I HAVE ASKED MANY TIMES FOR MY MONEY BACK, mostly before you got sick but also two weeks ago when you showed up again - TIME TO SEND ME MY MONEY - I DON'T CARE HOW SICK YOU ARE. Get your wife to send it.

Ravi

I have been trying to give a "sick person" a break but that bull**** about buying another car has me sick.
Justin I paid you $180.00 Paypal in NOVEMBER for a part that your "wife broke" - I HAVE ASKED MANY TIMES FOR MY MONEY BACK, mostly before you got sick but also two weeks ago when you showed up again - TIME TO SEND ME MY MONEY - I DON'T CARE HOW SICK YOU ARE. Get your wife to send it.

Ravi

Post here as well, let the community know how you feel.

Login | Facebook