Key not triggering ignition

Hot Air Beast

Hot Air Lover
84 Gn - turn the key nothing happens. Local garage has checked out the key lock/ign switch/rod to trany/fusible links and starter. All good.

Turns out some parts inside steering column are busted. Have reviewed section 3B of shop manual and looks like it could be the lock ignition actuator rod mechanism.

Has anyone done this job?

Could the parts be Standard US - 165L? Looks like Napa carries it. Anyone sourced this in Canada?
No photo description available.

Do you think I am on the right track?

It''s an intimidating task to dig into the column. But once you get into the zone, and you begin the work, it's not too bad.

Easier when you have a helper going to back and forth to the toolbox for you. A towel on the passenger seat and a comfortable working position (sitting in the drivers seat) makes it more tolerable.

Grab the column close to the dash and turn it to the left all the way.
Then see if it will start

Car has been in a local shop here in Canada for a month. I am beginning to think something has gone drastically wrong. I may be facing a tough time to get the job done or to have two the car to someone who knows what he is doing. Project was to install Standard Part number UNI KS186 - ignition lock cylinder housing repair kit - readily available from NAPA. Any idea what book time is to install this kit so I have somewhere to start when I confront this shop?