You can type here any text you want

Largest pump w/stock return line.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Wahoo

Im going to be running e85, i have a hot air car so i dont know if my fuel lines are different, but whats the largesr pump i can ise that wont have an issue with the factory fuel lines.

Thx

I would agree with 300lph, IF......there are no kinks in the return line. The Saginaw fitting between the engine and frame connection is only .098" in diameter. That is TINY (spelled with big letters-LOL)
A 340LPH requires a larger return. We run a stock feed line with all the Saginaw fittings removed, so it is a full 3/8" all the way. Stock Saginaw fittings neck down to .257" where the O-rings go.

Yep.... DW300. And even with that some have return line issues and some do not.

I would agree with 300lph, IF......there are no kinks in the return line. The Saginaw fitting between the engine and frame connection is only .098" in diameter. That is TINY (spelled with big letters-LOL)
A 340LPH requires a larger return. We run a stock feed line with all the Saginaw fittings removed, so it is a full 3/8" all the way. Stock Saginaw fittings neck down to .257" where the O-rings go.

I just finished a DW300 pump install with stock lines. My minimum FP is 48psi with Accufab adjustable reg. Looks like my return line is too restrictive. Can I run it like this? How would I go about removing the Saginaw fittings?
Never had to muck with the lines before so sorry if it's a dumb question. TIA

I just finished a DW300 pump install with stock lines. My minimum FP is 48psi with Accufab adjustable reg. Looks like my return line is too restrictive. Can I run it like this?........

I would run it at 48 psi if it idles ok, as that should not affect the tune or anything else. We have some street cars at that level, and never had any issues with them.

With e-85 GN's we usually run 50-55 psi as the base pressure.

One turbo car on e-85 made 525 RWHP on the dyno with 2 pumps running a base pressure of 65 psi and he then drove it home with the AC working!

I do not understand why the "magic" number of 44 psi MUST be the max for every car? :confused:

My e-85 street car does not like a base of 44 psi as drivability sucks unless it is over 50 psi.

ok thank you Nick. It actually runs VERY smooth at idle...........better than it ever has with my old pump. So, if I run 25 psi boost, I'll want to see 73 psi FP?

Back