LC1 install getting #8 error code. Faulty 02?

I got the T-Pro hooked up and running with the LC-1 (My THIRD WB02:mad: ) The last 02 sensor I had x-threaded and it was letting air in.

I'm really impressed with how smoothly it runs now during off idle/cruising but the idle still s**cks. It still smells really rich but according to the Powerlogger (WB02) the Pro is doing it's job keeping the AF ratio in the 14's at idle. Here's a powerlogger file when I was idling in the driveway. Does it look normal? It really seems rough:

Attachments

• idlewtpro.zip
    24.7 KB · Views: 39
Where you at Mt Olive Middle School on Sunday...I saw a Dark Red T in Service entrance parking lot...I would of stopped but and Family there....I live about 2 mins from there...

I got the T-Pro hooked up and running with the LC-1 (My THIRD WB02:mad: ) The last 02 sensor I had x-threaded and it was letting air in.

I'm really impressed with how smoothly it runs now during off idle/cruising but the idle still s**cks. It still smells really rich but according to the Powerlogger (WB02) the Pro is doing it's job keeping the AF ratio in the 14's at idle. Here's a powerlogger file when I was idling in the driveway. Does it look normal? It really seems rough:

What is controlling your idle A/F ratio? The wideband or your stock narrow band?

Have you tried putting your ecm in closed loop and letting the stock O2 control idle/cruise A/F ratio? Give it a try and make another recording the same way. See whether the wideband reports the same.

Where you at Mt Olive Middle School on Sunday...I saw a Dark Red T in Service entrance parking lot...I would of stopped but and Family there....I live about 2 mins from there...

Lol, yeah that was me. It was stalling so I had to pull into the parking lot. It turns out the ground came off the post for my WB02 and the idle went crazy. I live only about two minutes from there as well (behind Eagle Rock Apts). I think Iv'e been by your house in the past. I don't want to disclose the street name but I remember seeing a GN parked out front. Are you using the T-pro too?

What is controlling your idle A/F ratio? The wideband or your stock narrow band?

Have you tried putting your ecm in closed loop and letting the stock O2 control idle/cruise A/F ratio? Give it a try and make another recording the same way. See whether the wideband reports the same.

The T-pro is running off my WB02 but I can easily hook the NB02 back up. I'll give it a try.

I'm a little confused because the NB02 is still hooked up to the ECM (Ii never clipped the wire) and the T-Pro is running off my WB02. Is the car running off both sensors?:confused:

The T-pro is running off my WB02 but I can easily hook the NB02 back up. I'll give it a try.

I'm a little confused because the NB02 is still hooked up to the ECM (Ii never clipped the wire) and the T-Pro is running off my WB02. Is the car running off both sensors?:confused:

usually WB info is only used by the ecm under wide open throttle conditions [if using w/b tracking] otherwise the narrow band info is used [if in closed loop] - so to answer your question YES - both sensors - depending on your settings/chip of course. clear as mud, right?:wink: :tongue:

Oh I get it. The T-pro isn't even using the WB02. It's using RPM, TPS, manifold pressure (3 bar MAP), and IAT in Speed Density mode.
So the ECM is running off my NB02.

It's funny, it sits there and idles like it's pig rich but my WB02 readings are telling me 14 to 1. :confused:

I'm still impressed at how easy it was to install and run with speed density. I can't wait to get a new "MAFless" pipe. :biggrin:

IT could be. I noticed that in powerlogger you have your ECM in closed loop, using the stock O2, and if you have the WBO2 turned on for idle and cruise they are definatley going to fight each other.

Go in and set the Part Throttle Tracking (PTT) Gain to zero. That will turn part throttle tracking off and allow the ECM to take control.

usually WB info is only used by the ecm under wide open throttle conditions [if using w/b tracking] otherwise the narrow band info is used [if in closed loop] - so to answer your question YES - both sensors - depending on your settings/chip of course. clear as mud, right?:wink: :tongue:

Yes they can fight each other. IF he has part throttle tracking turned on the the translator pro. The TPro has the capability to use WB control from idle to wot. Settings are extremely important.

Oh I get it. The T-pro isn't even using the WB02. It's using RPM, TPS, manifold pressure (3 bar MAP), and IAT in Speed Density mode.
So the ECM is running off my NB02.

It's funny, it sits there and idles like it's pig rich but my WB02 readings are telling me 14 to 1. :confused:

I'm still impressed at how easy it was to install and run with speed density. I can't wait to get a new "MAFless" pipe. :biggrin:

It could be. Depending on your settings in the pro.

IT could be. I noticed that in powerlogger you have your ECM in closed loop, using the stock O2, and if you have the WBO2 turned on for idle and cruise they are definatley going to fight each other.

Go in and set the Part Throttle Tracking (PTT) Gain to zero. That will turn part throttle tracking off and allow the ECM to take control.

I said the same thing in another thread, good advice Dave.

I had the same issue a while back...remember that fiasco Dave....lol...I suggest setting up the laptop with the tunerpro software as it is easier to program the Maft-pro...than the Maft-pro controler....just my opinion...you can stop by if you want....aslo suggest you join MAGNA as there are a few other Turbo Buick owners in the neighborhood as well as a few guru's that can help out...

I had the same issue a while back...remember that fiasco Dave....lol...I suggest setting up the laptop with the tunerpro software as it is easier to program the Maft-pro...than the Maft-pro controler....just my opinion...you can stop by if you want....aslo suggest you join MAGNA as there are a few other Turbo Buick owners in the neighborhood as well as a few guru's that can help out...

Thanks. Something's been out of wack with it ever since Iv'e owned it. I've been over the vacume leak theory probably 100 times (no kidding). It's only the idle that seems to be the problem. Off idle, it seems to run fine.

Idle issue cleared up after I got the grounds set right on the LC-1 and the PTT set right on the MAFT PRO....also have the chip set to open loop full time....that was part of issue also...

When I first start it it's so rich it's almost like it has the wrong injectors in it. AFR is 10 or 11-1 until it goes to closed loop, then it's 14:1 but it's hunting to keep it at that AFR. I open the hood and the engine looks like it wants to shake itself loose from the car. LOL

had the same issues..almost like engine wanted to stall...would run fine for a few sec's on start up then after about 20 secs it was hunting for an idle...had to keep throttle up before it settled down....once I got chip set to open loop and not closed loop...where ECM is looking for NB input but WB is controlling ...i have to double check notes...but Engine would shake like crazy and AFR was all over the place...almost like plug wires were switched,,,

had the same issues..almost like engine wanted to stall...would run fine for a few sec's on start up then after about 20 secs it was hunting for an idle...had to keep throttle up before it settled down....once I got chip set to open loop and not closed loop...where ECM is looking for NB input but WB is controlling ...i have to double check notes...but Engine would shake like crazy and AFR was all over the place...almost like plug wires were switched,,,

Exactly! I'll try open loop but it was running like this before the Pro. I know it has good vacume but maybe somehow fuel or ignition timing is off?

I do just the opposite. I keep the ECM in closed loop, and keep PTT (part throttle tracking) in the Pro turned off.

The ECM and stock O2 are far more accurate and faster maintaining good A/F ratio under part throttle conditions like idle and cruise. And keep the WB in control of WOT A/F ratio simply because the stock system cannot.

It works out really well, and fuel mileage is much better this way.

Just my way of doing things.

I do just the opposite. I keep the ECM in closed loop, and keep PTT (part throttle tracking) in the Pro turned off.

The ECM and stock O2 are far more accurate and faster maintaining good A/F ratio under part throttle conditions like idle and cruise. And keep the WB in control of WOT A/F ratio simply because the stock system cannot.

It works out really well, and fuel mileage is much better this way.

Just my way of doing things.

Me too. I tried PTT WB control in the Pro for a while and in my opinion the Pro cannot maintain the target a/f like the narrowband O2. So now I have the wb control WOT a/f, nb controls part throttle, and I run openloop idle with some fuel taken out of the lower rpm ranges in the low user tune to maintain at 13.9 - 14.1 a/f. I have been trying out the lean cruise setting in the extender pro but it likes to creep up into the 16.x range and I'm not too sure the car likes that.

Mike

Mine didn't like the lean cruise mode either. Mine creeped up close to 17:1, and felt ugly on the highway. Surging and other wierd stuff.

But mine likes the stock closed loop idle, so I leave it in full time closed loop. Open loop idle was just a little too rich for me The only time the open loop idle kicks in is in normal cold start up which is really the only time open loop idle is needed.