leak behind glove box area?

got rice?

with my t-top GN parked at just the right angle,i get a water leak somewhere behing the glove box while washing ithe car. would i be correct to assume that it would be the windshield seal? my 85 t-top GN did the same thing too.

Has the heater core been replaced? You might be getting a leak from the lid not being sealed good.

usually its the seal around the heater/a.c box

climb down there and get someone to spray around it with the hose till you get wet ... then you know where its coming from :cool:

Both my hardtop do the same thing! I haven't looked into it yet but I believe it the seal as mentioned. What is involved in replacing the seal for a water tight fix? Mine only do it after heavy rain.

I dont' have the link handy but on the Montic Carlo site there is a link to a heater core replacement. On that site they show where all the screws that hold the cover on. I used some caulking material from 3M that I got from an autobody parts store. I think it's the same stuff as OEM. It's a black putty like stuff that you make a rope out if and put on the cover. Mine worked out great and looks like it has never been off.

Pronto said:
I dont' have the link handy but on the Montic Carlo site there is a link to a heater core replacement. On that site they show where all the screws that hold the cover on. I used some caulking material from 3M that I got from an autobody parts store. I think it's the same stuff as OEM. It's a black putty like stuff that you make a rope out if and put on the cover. Mine worked out great and looks like it has never been off.
Cool, That black crap is called Butyl tape.

I found the box. It's 3M Strip-Caulk part #08578- 20 yards in strips. It's plyable and somewhat sticky. You can work it to smooth it out with your fingers kind of like playdough.

crap! i forgot i posted this. thanks for the help guys.my heater core hasnt been replaced but i'll definatly look to that area for the leak.i just figured it was the windshield seal from the car flexing because of the t-tops.

got rice? said:
crap! i forgot i posted this. thanks for the help guys.my heater core hasnt been replaced but i'll definatly look to that area for the leak.i just figured it was the windshield seal from the car flexing because of the t-tops.

Had a leak on my T-top in the same area. One thing I found while "searching for the leak" is the heater box drain hole was pretty much plugged. A long screwdriver "found" the hole and as soon as it opened, the water started draining instead of collecting and overflowing.

I also replaced most of the GM sealer at the firewall and found a few leaks there as well.