Len Freeman, is this how you treat your customers? long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will do. I left my camera at a friends house when I went out of town, but JDsfastgn is coming over to pick a trans up to build Wed and is bringing a camera.

Take good pictures, because I do plan to dissect very carefully. I'll probably want to see pics of some of the parts you don't take pics of too. Just to make sure you're not focusing on a few burnt clutches or whatever. Let's just see what you come up with for now.

You've decided to make this unfortunate situation very public. I hope you're willing to go through some fair cross examination here also.

Is this the 24 year old that was posting in the trans section just a couple of years ago that had problems with his trans he put a shift kit in with his dad.
Then he posted that he saw the parts and they are the worst he has seen. How many could he has seen? I know some 24 year olds that are way sharper than me about transmissions but they work in tranny shops and do it for a living:confused:

Is this the 24 year old that was posting in the trans section just a couple of years ago that had problems with his trans he put a shift kit in with his dad.
Then he posted that he saw the parts and they are the worst he has seen. How many could he has seen? I know some 24 year olds that are way sharper than me about transmissions but they work in tranny shops and do it for a living:confused:

mmk so what the hell are you trying to say? I have built about 10-12 200-4rs and worked on quite a few others. Most are in mid 11 second cars or faster. I have posted a lot in the tranny section but it was a lot longer than 2 years ago that i was posting simple things about a shift kit. I have built mine all sorts of ways and have found something that shifts great and holds up to a lot of power and abuse. I build them on the side while i'm in school. I never claimed to be as smart as the other guys that do this for a living, but I can build a damn good 200-4r and know what the hell im looking at when I see a transmission that looks like it was thrown together with the junk parts from a 200,000 mile stocker.

I have one of JD's full billet transmisson with transbrake in my car and it has been flawless. This 24 year old seems to know what he is doing, he will even pick up his phone whenever I call :wink: Now that service

I think it is worth a flight, to go speak directly with the man, even if nothing is accomplished but letting him know how you feel, It might be worth it.

You've decided to make this unfortunate situation very public. I hope you're willing to go through some fair cross examination here also.

I am sure that is why he posted thread to begin with, it although I expect he thought the cross examination would come from the guy that built it. I would image he would look forward to having his statements confirmed by a reputable tranny guy. I am curious if you will be willing to do that if the pictures confirm what they say. Or is this one of those situations where they will only hear if they are wrong for some reason.

I am sure that is why he posted thread to begin with, it although I expect he thought the cross examination would come from the guy that built it. I would image he would look forward to having his statements confirmed by a reputable tranny guy. I am curious if you will be willing to do that if the pictures confirm what they say. Or is this one of those situations where they will only hear if they are wrong for some reason.

Didn't quite get that last sentence. Where who will only hear and if who are wrong for some reason?

All I will say is, I will give a fair evaluation of what I see. If I have questions, I will ask them.

I fully expected to be cross examined, doubted, debased, and smack talked. I have not come here to outwardly bash Len in an unwarranted fashion. I have stated my piece as plainly as possible. I took every recourse to avoid this. I have no problem presenting the pics, work order, and two other transmission builders accounts of this. It is what it is, and I did expect more of the other story by now. Which, like I said, I have been here everyday presenting my side. Awaiting rebuttal.

DonWG said:
Take good pictures, because I do plan to dissect very carefully. I'll probably want to see pics of some of the parts you don't take pics of too. Just to make sure you're not focusing on a few burnt clutches or whatever. Let's just see what you come up with for now.
Your comment on us "not focusing on a few burnt clutches...." misses the point of our thread entirely. While it is SO MUCH MORE than just burnt clutches in our tranny built by Len, it is the principle of Len's business ethic that is in true question at this time. Simply put, we did not get NEAR the build quality (parts or craftsmanship) transmission that we paid for, we have had almost ZERO after-sale customer service and despite our MULTITUDE of attempts at various means to communicate with Len, he still makes NO effort to get in touch with us to rectify the situation. So again, it's Len's business ethic and integrity, and its resultant effect on our project and pocket book, that is the point of our entire thread.

Further more, it's additional testiment to Len't true credibility that yet ANOTHER individual is coming to his defense, by way of questioning the validity of our claims, instead of Len addressing this issue personally. Please understand Don, I can appreciate your loyalty towards Len. But, at the same time, I know that if I were a customer in the market for a new transmission, I would appreciate a thread such as this so that I would be afforded the opportunity to atleast make the most imformed decision as I possibly could before pulling that trigger on a specific builder.

DonWG said:
If it's truly "fair" and further more, objective, go for it. I would welcome ANY cross examination that might offer further explanation as to why we are dealing with what we are!

I have been watching this since the very beginning and reading everything posted. This doesn't sound like Len at all.

Looking at pictures that the guy posts really don't prove anything. The pictures could be from anyones burn't up trans for that matter. How would we really know?

The owner of the trans said himself he WAS TOLD by Len "To box it up and send it in" He didn't do that! (I would have had it boxed up & sent it in the very next day)!!

There is always two sides to every story and as we have only heard one I would still think there is a reason for all this.

Here is how iv'e read this in steps:

1) The owner called Len after his trans was 6mo out of warranty and said it had problems.

2) Len said "It should not have done that! Send it in and I'll take care of it!" (Owner oppted NOT to send it in)

3) Owner made phone calls to Lens office and words were passed back and forth between the sectratery & owner. (still one sided as to what was said)

4) Then the owner has posted here about the calls made, about the parts inside..

I hope to see a nice outcome in this situation.

Looking at pictures that the guy posts really don't prove anything. The pictures could be from anyones burn't up trans for that matter. How would we really know?

That's true. We're going to have to trust the integrity of the people that are presenting the pictures that the parts weren't picked out of a trash pile in the corner of someone's shop. We'll see what we see.

I don't want to give the impression that I'm backing anyone, but I can understand why Len might not want to get involved in a thread like this. It usually ends up turning into a bash party regardless of his participation or not.

Just looking for the facts in the case. :cool:

I have been watching this since the very beginning and reading everything posted. This doesn't sound like Len at all.

The owner of the trans said himself he WAS TOLD by Len "To box it up and send it in" He didn't do that! (I would have had it boxed up & sent it in the very next day)!!

There is always two sides to every story and as we have only heard one I would still think there is a reason for all this.

Here is how iv'e read this in steps:

1) The owner called Len after his trans was 6mo out of warranty and said it had problems.

2) Len said "It should not have done that! Send it in and I'll take care of it!" (Owner oppted NOT to send it in)

3) Owner made phone calls to Lens office and words were passed back and forth between the sectratery & owner. (still one sided as to what was said)

4) Then the owner has posted here about the calls made, about the parts inside..

I hope to see a nice outcome in this situation.

You can try to spin this however you want to help Len, but pull your head out and read for a minute.

1) The trans had next to no run time, and was in warantee. Which did not fail due to anything other than sub par build procedures.

2) I did not "opt to not send it in". Len told me to call him when it was ready to ship and he would have it picked up on his shipping account. Which I tried to do. But from this point on he avoided my calls.

3) Yes, I left dozens of messages with Lens girlfriend who lied to me and screened my calls. I was more than polite enough.

4) This is correct.

That's true. We're going to have to trust the integrity of the people that are presenting the pictures that the parts weren't picked out of a trash pile in the corner of someone's shop. We'll see what we see.

I don't want to give the impression that I'm backing anyone, but I can understand why Len might not want to get involved in a thread like this. It usually ends up turning into a bash party regardless of his participation or not.

I have to rely on the builder's integrity too. But he seems like a knowledgeable guys and seems to run a well known, successful shop with nothing to gain by sticking his neck out and defaming someone else he has nothing to do with for no reason. As easy as this tranny went out I have no doubt that these parts were in that tranny.

I CANNOT understand why Len did not get involved in this. That is why there IS a thread about this, because it was a last resort after many efforts on my part. This is how he wanted to handle it. He had many other ways to keep it between him and I.

If you guys defending Len can't see that he is at all costs avoiding this thread, you need to wake up. Phone calls, PMs, a topic with his name in it turned into a sticky....come on. He is avoiding phone calls, he is avoiding this thread which has thousands and thousands of views...some of which are undoubtedly him. His GF is lying to cover for him. What else do you want to see? I know John and he wouldn't do something like this just so drag Len through the dirt for fun.

I 100% agree!!

You can try to spin this however you want to help Len, but pull your head out and read for a minute.

1) The trans had next to no run time, and was in warantee. Which did not fail due to anything other than sub par build procedures.

2) I did not "opt to not send it in". Len told me to call him when it was ready to ship and he would have it picked up on his shipping account. Which I tried to do. But from this point on he avoided my calls.

3) Yes, I left dozens of messages with Lens girlfriend who lied to me and screened my calls. I was more than polite enough.

4) This is correct.
Let's just get one thing clear here!!
1) I'm NOT trying to spin anything!!!
2) I'm not trying to help Len out!!

HERE IS YOUR "EXACT WORDS"-
(second paragraph/ orriginal thread)
He also askes when we ordered it. It had been awhile but was still in warrantee. In which he adds (I don't give a f*ck how long it's been, it should not have done that. Send it to me". I was not suprised, we've done this before, and he stood behind his work. He clearly said to send it back and he would take care of it!!

(Third paragraph)
So I call him to tell him it's ready to go. Well, I get his receptionist. She tells me she will give him the message. This goes on daily for about a week. > AT THIS PIONT I WOULD HAVE SAID: "PLEASE TELL HIM THE TRANS HAS BEEN SHIPPED!"
(THIS IS WHERE YOU DECIDED "NOT" TO SHIP IT I BELIVE?)

Again! I'm not trying to twist anything and am not trying to help anyone of you.

Did you piss either one of them off?

There is just got to be more to this!!

Status
Not open for further replies.